ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴅᴀʏ

Sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀs ☁ ᴘᴀʀᴋ ᴄʜᴀɴʏᴇᴏʟ

September 2nd 2010. . .

 

Chanyeol felt someone poke his nose, making his eyes open. "What are you doing?" He asked, sitting up. He soon realised he wasn't in his bed but on the couch of his new best friend. "I can't sleep." Said Jiae. Chanyeol took his phone to make some light and shone it on the girl squatting next to him.

"Moon-ah, it's 3am." He said.

"I know but like I told you, I can't sleep. I've been awake all night. . . Can you come l-lay with me?" She shyly whisper-asked him."

Chanyeol shot up from his seat. "Y-yes! Of course Moon, anything to help you." He picked up his blanket and phone and started following Jiae to her room. She sat back down on her bed while Chanyeol looked around, it was hard to see anything in the dark but he got an idea of where to furniture was placed, making sure he wouldn't bump into anything. "Do you want me to make you some warm milk or something?" He asked, Jiae shook her head. "No I'm good, just, come lay down." And Chanyeol obeyed.

Luckily for the two of them, Jiae had a queen sized bed. The two were pressed against eachother under the blanket. Jiae giggled, making Chanyeol say 'What?'. But he quickly realised where his hand was placed and he apologised with embarrasment in his voice. "It's okay."

Three hours passed by and the two friends were deeply asleep, they didn't even notice little Seo Jun standing next to them, whispering for his big sister to wake up. Chanyeol was the first one to wake up. "Goodmorning Seo Jun, why are you awake so early?" He asked him, trying not to wake up Jiae.

"Phone." He said.

"Was there a phone call?" Asked Chanyeol, the little boy nodded. Chanyeol got up from the bed, again not trying to wake Jiae up. He picked up Seo Jun, asking him if he knew who it was but the little kid just shook his head. Chanyeol decided to call back the number, finding out it was the hospital who called. 

Chanyeol put Seo Jun in the living room and put on some cartoons for him to watch while he went to wake up Jiae.

 

2 Hours Later. . .

 

Jiae was sitting in her mothers hospital room together with her father while Chanyeol was at home with Seo Jun. Jiae explained the whole situation to her dad, he thought Chanyeol was her boyfriend for a second, even. "He must be a good guy if he decided to stay over and even take care of our little Seo Jun. Talking about Seo Jun, what have you told him?"

"I haven't told him about mom, I just told him to go play with Chanyeol while I go arrange some things." Her father nodded.

Jiae's mother hasn't woken up ever since she was in the hospital. The doctors declared her to be in a coma, they had no clue when she woke up, if she was ever to wake up. Of course Jiae wanted to stay at the hospital with her dad, but she needed to be in school within an hour and 30 minutes and Seo Jun needed to be brought to day care.

So that's what they did. . .

Chanyeol and Jiae dropped Seo Jun off at the day care as the two of them got ready for school at their homes, meeting eachother at the front gate of their school.

"Today is going to be a hard day." Said Jiae, starring at the big school building in fear.

"You'll survive." Began Chanyeol. "I'll be with you the whole day, I won't leave your side, I promise." He finished, taking Jiae's hand in his, leading her to walk with him. Chanyeol didn't care if people stared or assumed things, he just wanted to be there for her, he doesn't know what it's like to loose a parent, but he has been through loss in his life and he can't imagine how much it would hurt for Jiae.

Of course Chanyeol's friends wondered why he hasn't been eating lunch with them for two days already, but once they saw him and the new girl walk hand in hand in the hallway, they knew what was going on.

"Got yourself a girlfriend huh?" Said Chanyeol's closest friend, Baekhyun, while giving him a pat on his shoulder. Chanyeol shrugged as he closed his locker, Jiae looked down at her shoes in embarrasment. "Baekhyun this is Jiae, my close friend." He said, Baekhyun took it as a sign to shut up about it.

"It's nice to meet you Jiae, I'm Byun Baekhyun but you can call me Baek. Has Chanyeol told you about me? I bet he hasn't." Said Baekhyun after bowing to the small girl.

The two of them greeted eachother before Baekhyun ran off to his next class, he was a year higher than them already.

-

"I don't know how I managed to get through 4 periods." Said Jiae. The two friends were now walking to the cantene to get lunch, only to find out Jiae forgot her lunch.

"Don't worry! I have enough for both of us, I know how horrible the school food tastes. I've been here for a few years." He said handing her a croissant. "Thank you Yeollie." Said Jiae, taking a bite.

 

03:00AM. . .


Chanyeol decided to stay another night. He distracted Jiae by playing video and board games with her, including Seo Jun of course. He even brought his guitar to play her some songs, he got to earn a lot of Jiae in the two days they've been friends. Jiae really liked listening to music, especially acoustic songs, so Chanyeol didn't waste a minute and started playing one of his favourite songs on the guitar: Wi Ing Wi Ing by Hyukoh. He even sang a little to Jiae's surprise. After Seo Jun went to bed, they read him a story and watched a movie. Jiae fell asleep on Chanyeol, making butterflies form in his stomach. It was quickly 3AM, Chanyeol carried Jiae to bed and gave her a kiss on her forehead. He was about to head back to the living room couch but she stopped him, "Stay." She said.

And he did.

The tall boy crawled under the big blanket like he did the previous night, this time trying not to accidentally touch his best friends a second time.

 

 

Sorry this is so boring, it's just a filler, I didn't want to escalate the story too quickly!
So I tried to include some Chanyeol x Jiae touchy-feely interaction to make it less boring hehe. Let me know what you think in the coments!