Part 1

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, she rejected my proposed that night. She said she needs more time to re-think about our future relationship. Did I disappoint? Of course I did. But I can’t force her to take me back with half-heart.

I left her place on the next day and start to live my life without her. I disappeared from her life. No phone calls, no texts, also I never tried to see her. Was I happy? No. She’s still the first person I’m thinking about everytime I wake up also the last person I want to see before I’m going to bed.

Four months later, I called her and ask her back one more time. She refused but never told me why. She just pushed me away and it was hurt me more but I can do nothing. So, I offered her to rebuild our relationship but this time only as a friend.

She said okay.

Well, that is better than being nobody to her, rite?

 

-----

[A year later]

 

“Wooooow, look at you. Are you going to have a date?” My fellow worker, Jin, scanned me from head to toe.

“You also smell good.” Yoongi added as he sniffed around my body.

I just smiled and that’s make them more curious.

“What? You moved on already? It’s awesome! Since you were grieving hard, I thought you’re going to stay single at least for next 2 years.” Jimin came up with his theory.

“She must be has that touch to make you fall in love again.” Jin smirked as he lean his head and bumping his elbow against my arm.

“So, who’s the girl? Do we know her? Is she work here?” Yoongi asked me like if I was his prime suspect.

“My Bae.” I winked as I give them wide smile.

“Eeeeyyyyyy.” They protested in unison.

“You’re unbelievable, Mr. Jeon, I tought you’ve moved on.” Jimin grumbled as he left my desk, followed by Yoongi.

“Don’t do the same mistake.” Jin patted my head.

“I won’t.”

 

--------

“Here’s your ring, Sir.”  The Lady at jewelry store smiled as she handed me the opened blue velvet box. “Are you proposing today?”

“Yes.” I replied her with no hesitate. I looked at the ring. It was simple design as her style. She was the traditional type so she likes something that timeless. Of course there was small cut of diamond on it. I’ve been saving my money in a past a year to get her this ring.

“She must be very lucky girl.” The Lady added then put the box into a small paper bag.

“No. I’m the one who’s lucky to have her.” I corrected.

“Well, good luck then.” The Lady bowed as I out the store.

 

Ring, checked!

 

------

I made my way to the café we used to spend our Saturday night at Hongdae street with big smile plastered on my face. I asked her out last night and surprisingly she said yes. I’ll meet her soon after a year only doing texting.

Yup, she’s back in my life even if only as a friend but she still seemed distant. She never answered my calls also refuse my offers to do face timing. She only replied my texts with simple words. Feels like I’m texting with some operator machine.

 

So, are you free tomorrow?

I sent her a text.

Yeah.

That’s was all her answer.

I just wonder if I asked you for a dinner.

It was my hundreds attempt to ask her out and she always replied with ‘maybe next time’.

But not with last night.

Hongdae street. Café Milan. 6 p.m.

I couldn’t believe what I’ve seen.

SHE AGREED TO MEET ME!!

On time.

Another text from her was just pooped out.

My hand was trembling as I replied her.

c u soon.

 

--

I arrived the café at 5:45 p.m.. I was 15 minutes earlier but apparently she’s already inside. I saw her sitting at the table we used to sit everytime we came here. She looked..what should I say? Beautiful? No. She looked stunning even only with pastel v-neck t-shirt and knee length flowers skirt. She let her hair loose over her shoulders. She was waiting for me while reading a novel. Yeah, she loves reading and yes, she’s waiting for me.

I smiled at myself while admiring her. Finally I could see her, talk to her, and maybe touch her? I took a deep breath before stepped in but I change my mind in second as I saw something that successfully make me froze at the front door.

There was a guy approach and sit on the chair in front of her. I think he’s older than us. She smiled as she slide the bookmark before put the novel aside the table. Soon, they had a chat. A serious chat by looking at their facial expressions.

Do I have to go greeting them? I thought it’s gonna be just both of us. Why’d she invites someone else?

She didn’t see me or should I say I didin’t let her to see me. I was hiding. I’ve never seen him before. This is why she wanted to meet me? To introduce her new boyfriend?

I felt my eyes widened as I saw him took out a little box and opened it. It was definitely a ring inside. An engagement ring?

IS HE PROPOSING MY BAE??!

I squeezed my little box that I put in my pants pocket when I saw her look very happy. I could even hear she shouted the ‘yes’ word.

Why? Why she did this to me? She played with my heart. I’ve been waiting for her for almost 2 years. In fact, I’ve never seen any girl since we broke up cuz I’m still hoping for us together again.

Why? Why she replied my texts if she was seeing someone else?

So, this is the real reason why she never agreed to do video call? She didn’t brave enough to face me. Also she refused to take my calls because I will know if she telling lie.

I gritted my teeth and turn around leaving the café. I don’t want to see him put that ring on her finger. It supposed to be me. Only me!

Now it’s over.

She fooled me.

 

----

I called Jin as I sit on the bench aside the street and tell him what hapenned. He said I need to make sure it first. Do I? I’ve seen enough.

“Let’s go to the club. My treat.” I said to him.

“No. You’re upset.” He replied.

I chuckled, “that’s what alcohol is for.”

“Just go home. Don’t screw up.” He calmly said.

“Please? Help me forget.” I insisted.

“Getting drunk is not a solution.” I could feel his stern voice, “just talk to her.”

I hung up in anger and disappointment.

 

Ding!

There was a text.

 

If you don’t want to meet me, just tell me right away. I’m done waiting. I feel like a fool.

 

It was her.

I scoffed as I finish to read, “she’s done waiting? What about me?”

I know, it’s almost 30 minutes of the appointed time but I did’t see any reason to go back to the café.

I decided not to reply her. Why would I? Even if she was waiting for me, she must be there with her fiance. Why should I come? Just to see her show the engagement ring? NEVER!

 

--

[1 hour later]

 

Ding!

 

JEON JUNGKOOK WHERE ARE YOU?! GET YOUR HERE OR ELSE YOU’LL NEVER TO SEE ME AGAIN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!

 

That was her. Again.

Is that a threat? Is she threatening me?

I scoffed in disbelief.

 

“Please don’t tell me he’s drunk at your club.” My friend, Jin, said as he picked my call.

“Easy. It’s me and I’m 1000% sober.” I said lazily.

“Thank God. So, what’s up?”

I told him about the texts she sent to me. I just can’t thinking clearly right now. I need second opinion. I shared about my love problem with him. I’ve never planned that to be honest but he noticed when I was different a day after  I broke up with her.

“Well, just face it like a man. You can’t hide forever. If she was meant for you, then there will be a way.” He said wisely.

“But..she’s engaged.” I hesitated.

“Just go. Unless you want to spend your life miserable.”

I hung up the phone. He’s right, I need to talk to her.

I was about to see her when I bumped someone’s shoulder.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” I bowed.

“It’s okay.” She said, “Jungkook?”

I looked at her as I heard she calls my name.

“Noona?” I quite surprised to see her. She used to live next door my Bae’s flat and yes, she knows who I am.

“Why are you here? I thought you have a date.” Noona said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter