Seungji [Seungjun, Jihun]

KNK Drabbles, One-Shots

Just a short and quick one. Sent me any requests, currently pretty free.

***

In which Seungjun remembers his past lives with his soulmate.


"Where's Jihunnie?" Seungjun asks with his childlike innocence, doe eyes staring up at his parents and in his hands a large toy cat much taller than him, who blocks most of his sight when he is facing the front.

His parents click their tongues in worry but pastes a smile on their faces. At his age, children tend to have imaginary friends. And so they didn't stress over it.

***

"Jihunnie?" Seungjun sleepily mumbles as he lie sprawled out on the bed, legs far too long to be contained within and are left sticking out. There is no answer and Seungjun's left with a certain emptiness beside him as he finally drifts off.

***

"Seungjun, do you even try?" Youjin sits in front of him, a fry in his fingers. "On the off chance you date, you break up with them after a few days, claiming they aren't right. You're already eighteen, you need some love in your life."

Seungjun sighed. He knew his friends and his parents meant well but this emptiness in him can't be filled by just anyone. There's someone out there waiting for him and he knows this.

"I'm just waiting for Jihu-" he cuts himself off, knowing no one would understand him.

Youjin arches an eyebrow at him and Seungjun shakes his head.

***

"So who's this person you're going out with?" Inseong leans in to ask Seungjun. Seungjun steadfastly looks at his food and starts moving the carrots around, pretending not to hear Inseong.

Truth is, he had came up with the lie of having someone just to get his parents and friends off his back. They had been nagging at him for pining after someone non-existent and he just want his freedom and Jihun damn it. 

Seungjun feels Heejun's eyes on him before the youngest murmurs, "Let it go, Inseong."  The silence falling upon them is awkward and its only broken when Youjin returns to their table.

"What's wrong?" Youjin asks.

Seungjun looks up with a pout, but is distracted by a tall and slender figure standing by the entrance of the restaurant. The hole in his heart throbs and something in his mind went off.

Seungjun shoots up immediately, chair clattering to the floor and drawing everyone's attention to him, even Jihun's. He ignores Inseong's exclamations of surprise and Heejun's attempts to call him back as he starts towards the male he has been waiting for all his life and the lives before.

"Jihunnie!" The name burst out from his mouth as he draws to a stop before his soulmate. Jihun is startled to see him but that's alright, Seungjun is pleasantly shocked as well. It's been twenty years of searching and pining and Seungjun certainly wasn't expecting to meet Jihun at the entrance of McDonalds.

"Erm..." Something akin to a garble leaves Jihun's mouth. "...jun? Seungjun?" He asks uncertainly. Seungjun beams, eyes crinkling as he reaches out to hold Jihun's hand,  fingers slotting together as if they had been made for each other. He could have stared at Jihun's brown eyes forever, having dreamt of those warm eyes for the past twenty years and finally seeing them in real life. 

"Seungjun?" Youjin breaks his thoughts and Seungjun turns to see his three friends standing uncertainly behind him. He smiles.

"This is the one I've been talking about. Jihunnie."

Seungjun watches as comprehension dawns and then confusion. He can explain it all to them later, but right now was just for him and Jihun.

He leaves a kiss on Jihun's smooth hand, hearing the soft intake of breath beside him.

Finally.

***

"Your is as beautiful as ever, Hunnie."