Part Three

People Like Places and Things

Imagine your OTP at a gay bar together for the first time.

Yifan is the one who stands in the corner with his arms crossed over his chest like he disapproves even though Jongin can totally tell he's just really fascinated and . Jongin's at the center of the dance floor--where else?--with some other man's arms around his neck and he reads the expressions flit across Yifan's face as his lover is torn between jealousy and lust. This sort of place is a first for them but Jongdae, Jongin's older brother, swore it would spice up Jongin and Yifan's relationship like nothing else. He's proven right when Yifan finally caves to his base desires and pushes himself away from the corner wall, his gaze locked on Jongin's with an intensity that makes Jongin's entire body shudder against his dance partner in anticipation. The stranger takes this as further encouragement and runs his hands down Jongin's back to cup at Jongin's . It's not an unpleasant sensation but Jongin's so used to the wide spread of Yifan's hands that anything else just feels strange. Yifan's there in an instant, propelled to move faster by the other man's presumption, and when he moves forward to step between them he's like an immovable tower of chiseled good looks. Jongin's a mess for it already, a mess for him, and when Yifan drags him home to show Jongin who his heart really belongs too, Jongin thinks that this whole visiting a gay bar thing wasn't a bad idea. Yifan makes a mental note to thank Jongdae the next time together, but also thinks that it'll be a long time before he'll take Jongin anywhere near a gay bar again.

Imagine your OTP as bickering office coworkers that everyone, even the lunch delivery guy, ships together.

Jongdae is the one who lives to annoy. It seems that way to Junmyeon, at least, especially when they've got a big presentation coming up and have to stay late to finish everything. It's at times lack that when Junmyeon can't help but match word Jongdae word for word and wit for wit, even though he knows Jongdae is purposely pushing his buttons and being a nuisance. And then there are the times when it's not just the two of them together working over time, but it's like Jongdae is still the bane of Junmyeon's existence because he wears those crisp and form-fitting button ups with the sleeves rolled to his elbows and Junmyeon thinks he might possibly die from frustration. He denies that this is a ual sort of frustration, but everyone else vehemently denies this denial. Their boss thinks they act like an old married couple, the intern from the department down the hall thinks they should just jump each other already, and even Sehun, the noodley guy who brings their lunch delivery every day thinks that if they got together they'd be the cutest thing ever. Junmyeon's not sure he agrees with all of this conjecture, but then there comes a night when he and Jongdae are not only alone and working late, but Jongdae's also wearing one of those shirts Junmyeon loves to hate so much and really Junmyeon just can't take it anymore. Jongdae's shirt is on the floor and Jongdae's got Junmyeon pinned with back against the office wall before Junmyeon realizes that the frustration he was feeling probably was ual after all. Their boss comes in to grab something he forgot to take home for the weekend and practically passes out from excitement when he sees that he's won the betting pot.

Imagine your OTP getting married and reading their vows in each other's language. (tumblr)

Chanyeol is the one who spends every free moment he has before the wedding going over his vows. Luhan cares about the details--who's catering, the cake flavor, what kind of flowers they should have--but all Chanyeol's been tasked with are his vows and he'll be damned if he doesn't deliver them perfectly. He knows every line, every word, every letter, and he's memorized them so completely that he could recite what he's written in his sleep. Luhan sees the dedication and thinks it's sweet, but he's not prepared for the actual wedding day when Chanyeol's vows turn out to be much more than even his own fiancee expected. "There's a reason I've been so nervous about this," Chanyeol says, speaking before the crowd but focusing entirely on Luhan. "But I'm not nervous about this," he gestures between the two of them and to their hands entwined between them, "so here goes." Chanyeol takes a deep breath and when he starts to speak it takes a moment for the words to register because Chanyeol is Korean and they're getting married in Seoul and Luhan just isn't prepared for the precisely pronounced Mandarin as it leaves Chanyeol's lips. He says the usual things about love and an eternity together--Luhan would have cried regardless--but the fact that he prepared such a surprise for such a special day has Luhan practically blubbering up there on the ceremony platform. He manages to hold it together, thankfully, at least until the wedding is officiated, but then Chanyeol approaches Luhan's parents and greets them respectfully with Mandarin formalities and the Chinese bowing style and Luhan actually starts to bawl. "I didn't mean to make you cry on our wedding day," Chanyeol laments a few days later when they're in Hawaii for their honeymoon. Luhan kisses him, clarifying that those were definitely happy tears. It's possible that Chanyeol cries a few happy tears of his own when he pulls his new husband closer and kisses him back.

Imagine your OTP+ gushing over their own OTPs. (tumblr)

Baekhyun is the one who bursts into the room where Yixing is knitting and Tao is reading a Korean cook book upside down and says, "My OTP is canon!" His excitement is infectious, but Tao is the one who doesn't know what an OTP is so Yixing has to explain it to him in Mandarin before Baekhyun can share what he means. Tao's a big fan of the Monday Couple on Running Man so he understands OTP almost immediately, but he's still confused by the term canon. Baekhyun coos that his boyfriend is adorable and kisses Tao's nose, then finally remembers to tell him that canon means something is real. Tao's understanding of this comes across when he says, "Oh! Like us!" Yixing's nodding because Tao's got a point, but Baekhyun's pouting because Tao's stolen Baekhyun's punchline and doesn't even realize it. "Yes," Baekhyun admits, " like us." Yixing then wants to know which of Baekhyun's OTPs has finally become canon, and Baekhyun stops pouting then because he realizes his dramatic reveal is at least a little salveagable. "We're canon!" he squeals in happiness, not really sharing anything with his two boyfriends that they didn't already know but still making them both smile widely when it registers that they, the three of them together, are Baekhyun's one true pairing (plus). "OT3?" Tao suggests, and Baekhyun says with a grin toward Yixing that they'll take it as long as XingXing agrees. Yixing says he doesn't care what label they use as long as it means he gets to keep them both. Baekhyun looks affronted then but he's teasing when he replies, "Of course! We're canon!"