Hyung is a Workaholic

10 things Mingyu knows about Woozi

AN: we all need more jigyu (/ ouo)/


I always admired Jihoon hyung for working so hard. He would always come through with his work and he would always support and make the group a better one with his talents alone. But I can't help but notice the way his body would slump down, the way his smile would fade away and the way his eyes would slowly shut themselves out of exhaustation. If there's one thing I know and noticed, is that hyung is a workaholic.

Jihoon hyung is a perfectionist. He doesn't want to release a song that doesn't exceed the previous ones we've released. He wants to grow and be better than our previous selves but I could see that it's taking its toll on him. I try my best to be helpful. I always stay in the recording studio later than everyone else just to keep him company. I always bring warm soup and a healthy amount of food for him. 

Although, I want us to have a great song, Jihoon hyung's health is more important. I wonder if he ever thought of prioritizing himself first. I'm seated on the black couch as I watch Jihoon hyung's back as he works. I look at the wall clock to find it was already quarter to three in the morning. I yawned a bit, I felt sorry for him, is there anything I can do for him? I feel a bit useless sometimes, I want to be of use to him.

I can't stand to see him go to sleep for a few minutes, just to wake up and join us for dance practice. I want to protect Jihoon hyung from collapsing, from getting tired. But how can I do that? I don't want to hinder him from his work, I also don't want to keep him from his creative process, But all I could think of was to pull him in my arms and embrace him until he falls asleep.

"Minggu..."

I don't want him to feel tired.

"Minggu......"

I don't want him to push himself too hard.

"Minggu..."

I was too caught up in my own thoughts, when I looked up I saw Jihoon hyung's face a few inches from mine. I was startled for a quick second before I realized my face was turning red all over from our closeness. As my eyes looked at him, I could see his bloodshot eyes and a tired looking smile, yet he was still looking at me. 

"Y-Yes, hyung?" I tried to sound as calm as possible.

"You should go on ahead back to the dorm.. I'll be here for a while." He said.

"I'll stay up with you, hyung." I insisted. "I want to support you even if that's all I can do."

"......" Jihoon hyung tore his eyes away from me, he looked a bit.. shy? "You're doing so much just by being here with me... I don't want to tire you out.."

That's right, Jihoon hyung is this kind of person. Despite the fact that he's not that affectionate, he was always selfless. Why was he like this? I always worry about him but hyung seems like he is more worried for me. I bit my lower lip, he didn't have to do that. He shouldn't be thinking of me even if it made me feel happy. Jihoon hyung had the time to worry about me despite him being busy. I couldn't contain my smile as I looked at him.

"Wh-What are you you staring at?" He said in a shy manner.

"Why don't you have a nap? You've been sitting on your chair for six hours straight and it wouldn't be of help if you were half-dead when you're completing a song." I proposed.

I didn't even think that he would consider it, but the next thing I knew, his arms were wrapped around my body as his strength pushed me down on the couch. I immediately turned red, and my mind was going in circles. I felt light headed as his small stature was on top of me, his head rested on my chest and I could feel his heartbeat against mine.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked, I wanted to sound as calm and as normal as possible.

"What do you think? I'm going to take a nap." He said a matter-of-factly.

"Is.. Is this okay?" I asked, of course I was enjoying the moment. It wasn't everyday that Jihoon hyung would be so close to me, I awkwardly placed my hand on the top of his head and the other to the small of his back to support him. He fits well into my arms, I want to embrace him tightly but I'm afraid I will break him. Hyung doesn't know how much I wanted to hold him like this. 

"I wouldn't be sleeping on top of you if I wasn't okay with it." He mumbled, I could tell he was about to fall asleep, "...... Don't get any funny ideas." He followed, I chuckled nervously , he knew me all too well.

I could smell the scent of the shampoo he uses, and I could feel his breath brushing on my neck. If i look down for a bit I could catch a glimpse of his long lashes and his small pink lips. Like this.. even if I was to be his bed, I want to be of use to him. Moments like this that I always keep in the back of my mind. I will support him no matter what.

His small body was on top of mine, I felt a wave of happiness. And it wasn't too long when I also dozed off, I held him comfortably in my arms.