Mates

Dark Rooms

At the age of thirteen Taehyung and Jimin bonded. Neither were really that surprised that the bonding happened. They were best friends since practically birth and it was only natural that the two would end up bonding. At that time they thought bonding was the best thing to ever happen to them. They didn’t need to be in the same room to communicate with each other, whatever one felt, the other would feel and could use that to their advantage, and they could transfer energy from one to the other if one of them was feeling weak or run down. How could that not be great?

Once when the duo was fifteen, Taehyung was walking home from school when a group of older boys from a rival gang found him walking alone and decided to jump him, kicking him repeatedly in the stomach and ribs. Jimin was at power practice when suddenly he keeled over, grabbing his stomach and let out a gasp. He knew right away what had happened and as he pushed himself up from the floor he ignored the worried calls from his instructor. Jimin located Taehyung using his bond, the echoed feelings of being kicked in the stomach beginning to subside, and within moments he was rushing head first into the ribs of a guy two times his side, using his telekinetic powers to help him push the guy over. With Jimin only feet away from Tae, he transferred a bit of his energy to the younger guy which helped him gain his footing and fight back. Later, covered in bruises and cuts, the two boys sat on the edge of Taehyung’s balcony, feet dangling over the edge and clinked their root beer bottles together as they laughed and congratulated each other on kicking the older boys butts. 

Those were the times when Taehyung loved being bonded to Jimin.

But now, he’s spent more time cursing his bond, than enjoying it. 

~~*~~

“Every other studio is full.” Hoseok commented to Yoongi as the pair walked up to the final door at the end of the hall. “Hopefully this one is empty. If not we’ll have to practice out on the green.” Yoongi groaned and rolled his head from side to side. The sunshine was way too bright and hot to practice out on the green today. Yoongi’s pale skin would turn a violent red, and he would have to spend the rest of the week nursing a sunburn and wearing long sleeve shirts. He hoped that this last room was empty. 

The lights were off, and silently Yoongi thanked the gods for this as he opened the door and flicked on the light. His dark eyes immediately came to land on the boy asleep in the middle of the floor, red head propped up on a backpack, earbuds in his ears and his face contorted into a scowl. He didn’t look peaceful at all, and Yoongi had a feeling that just maybe he wasn’t actually sleeping. 

Hoseok came to a stop behind him, the words Yoongi was ignoring dying on his lips as he too spotted the boy laying in the middle of the floor. The pair watched the boy a few moments before Hoseok let out a chuckle. “How can anyone sleep on the floor? That can’t be comfortable at all.” Yoongi didn’t respond to what Hoseok was saying, and instead walked carefully over to the boy, watching him a few minutes before he spoke.

“Hey you!” He said, but the boy didn’t move. He didn’t even flinch or show any sign that he had heard Yoongi. Again Yoongi addressed the boy, this time taking the toe of his shoe to kick lightly at the boys leg. 

One dark eye snapped open, squinting at the bright light overhead. The eye landed on Yoongi as the boys other eye fluttered open, adjusting to the brightness before his face contorted into a glare. Yoongi was taken aback at the look on the boys face and stumbled backwards a bit as he felt the air around him tighten. All at once the breath left Yoongi’s lungs and he scratched at his throat trying to get air into them. He gasped, mouth gaping like a fish and face turning red, then taking on a slight purple tint. 

“Dude, chill!” Hoseok said appearing at his side almost instantly and addressing the younger boy on the ground. He took Yoongi by the shoulders and pulled him away, breaking his eye contact with the red head. Suddenly Yoongi let out a gasp as air was able to filter into his lungs once again. He took deep gulps of air, bending over at the waist, bracing his hands on his knees as Hoseok rubbed his back in soothing circles. “What’s your damage dude?” Hoseok shot at Taehyung as the younger guy quickly got up from the floor, having the decency to look a little ashamed. 

“I’m sorry, your friend scared the crap out of me. I wasn’t thinking.” Taehyung slung the strap of his bag over his shoulder and stared at the ground, not making eye contact with either of the guys. Yoongi’s coughing began to calm and the purple color faded from his face, leaving behind rose tinged cheeks. Hoseok glared at Taehyung but Yoongi just placed his hand on his friends shoulder. He could feel Hoseok’s defenses gearing up, but the regret rolling off of the  younger red head came at him in waves.

“It was my fault.” The blonde haired guy gasped, standing up straighter looking over the skinny guy in front of him who refused to look up from his shoes. Hoseok shot him a look, but didn’t say anything. “I’m sorry for scaring you.” Yoongi’s empathic abilities were able to pick up on the way Hoseok began to calm, no longer feeling the need to defend his friend. Shrugging, his younger friend looked between the two before stalking off to the other side of the room, dropping his bag on the floor and began to stretch. 

“It’s alright.” Taehyung replied, the strap on his bag, still not meeting Yoongi’s eyes. “I shouldn’t have used my powers on you, at least not at that force.” Yoongi could not only see the younger boy fidgeting, but could also feel the nerves fluttering inside of him. He used his own powers to help calm the boy a bit and watched as the red head’s shoulders relaxed. At this the boy again made eye contact with him and Yoongi saw the surprise in his eyes followed by relief and gratitude. The corners of the boys lips quirking up in a slight smile. 

The two boys watched each other a moment before Taehyung jumped, realizing he was staring and shook his head averting his gaze. “I’m sorry, you probably want to practice.” He finally said, looking over to Hoseok, who pulled out a long sword and became a blur as he dashed around the room, swinging the blade in wide arks.

Yoongi didn’t know what it was about the boy standing in front of him, but before he could even think, the words left his mouth. “You don’t have to go.” Taehyung’s dark eyes locked with Yoongi’s own and for a moment Yoongi thought the boy might agree to stay. He could feel the way Taehyung was debating with himself. Just as he thought the boy might agree to stay, Taehyung’s eyes went wide and to Yoongi it felt like the room became a hundred degrees hotter. 

Taehyung’s plump red lips parted in a quiet gasp as his back went rigid. His pupils began to dilate and his breathing increased. Yoongi felt his own back stiffen as suddenly he was  hit with waves of something he could hardly describe. He watched as the knuckles on younger boys right hand turned white from his grip on the bag’s strap. Deep within his gut something began to coil, wrapping tightly. Before Yoongi could get any words out, Taehyung dashed out of the room leaving Yoongi to look after him, the feeling slowly seeping out of his body. It took him a moment to regain his thoughts, but once his head was clear he was finally able to determine what the emotion was that was rolling off of the other boy; arousal. 

~~*~~

“Damnit Jimin could I please get at least an hour of peace?” Taehyung yelled, slamming the door of the apartment he shared with his best friend. From behind a close door he heard a loud thump. A few moments later his dark haired best friend came out of the bedroom in just a pair of basketball shorts. His tight abs glistening with sweat and dark purple marks littered his neck and chest. Behind him, looking slightly embarrassed, followed his mate Jungkook, tugging a shirt over his head and avoiding looking in Taehyung’s direction. The last time he made eye contact with Taehyung when he was angry, he passed out from lack of oxygen. 

Jimin giggled, heading over to the kitchen, pulling two glasses from the cabinet and grabbed the water pitcher from the fridge. He filled both the glasses and handed one to his boyfriend before looking over in his best friends direction. “I’m sorry Tae, but when you get a mate you’ll understand.” The red headed boy glared, dropping his backpack on the floor by the couch and flopped down over the the arm, landing on the couch with a dull thud. 

“When I get a mate, I promise to pay you back in full.” Taehyung closed his eyes as Jimin just laughed.

“You’re going to have to find that mate first.” Jimin shot at him, coming up beside Jungkook, rubbing his shoulders. Taehyung pushed himself up on his elbows and peered over the edge of the couch at his roommate. 

“I haven’t had a decent nights sleep in three weeks. Anytime I’m out in public I have to dash to the nearest restroom or deserted classroom, and do you know how hard it is to be giving a presentation in class and suddenly your voice squeaks and you have to hide behind the podium because you have a huge out of no where?” Jimin threw his head back in laughter as Jungkook buried his face in his boyfriends shoulder, trying to hid his giggle. 

Taehyung wasn’t amused at all. In fact he was pissed. When Jimin looked back at him again, intending to say something, Taehyung did the one thing he promised Jimin he wouldn’t do. He used his powers on him. 

Jimin’s eyes went wide as breathing became a challenge for him. His lungs constricted and he grabbed onto his throat. Jungkook jumped up from his seat and grabbed his boyfriend by the shoulders.

“Tae stop it!” He shrieked and suddenly Taehyung’s vision went black. 

“Give me my vision back Jungkook!” Taehyung growled going stiff on the couch as Jungkook used his own power on him.

“Stop using your power on Jimin and I’ll stop using mine on you.” The two boys were at a standstill as Jimin began to gape like a fish just as Yoongi did earlier. Suddenly Jimin gasped as Tae flopped back on the couch, his vision starting to fade back. 

“Kookie don’t be upset.” Jimin cooed, his mate’s hair. Jungkook threw a glare in the direction of the couch as Taehyung let out a sarcastic chuckle. 

“He was suffocating you Jimin!” Jungkook exclaimed, pressing his nose into the crook of Jimin’s neck, his hands grabbing the older boy’s hips. Jimin arched into his mate, feelings he couldn’t control taking over his body. 

From the couch Tae let out a loud growl, causing the two boys to pull apart.

“I”m sorry Tae, I really am.” Jimin apologized taking a deep breath and lightly pushing Jungkook away from himself. Jungkook frowned but let Jimin push him away. “I’ll do my best to try to keep my emotions in check.” 

Tae didn’t respond, instead he lay on the couch, his arm draped over his eyes, breathing deeply trying to get his body to start working with him instead of against him. Once his hormones settled down he let out a breath of relief. The room was silent as Jimin handed Jungkook an apple and took one for himself. The sound of crunchy chewing was the only sound in the room for a while, until Taehyung spoke.

“I’m sorry for using my powers on you Jiminie.” He really was sorry. He promised he wouldn’t use his powers on his friend, but he wasn’t in his right mind when he did it. HIs body was betraying him, his mind was a muddled mess and he just snapped. For three weeks, ever since Jimin met Jungkook, Tae’s felt every emotion his bonded felt. And that was the curse of their bond. During fights being able to feel what Jimin felt, and sense what he was going through helped them gain the upper hand. But ever since Jimin found his mate both their hormones had been in overdrive. One of the oh so wonderful ‘perks’ of being bound. 

Jimin was aware of the effects it had on Tae, and he really did try to suppress his emotions the best he could, but he and Jungkook were still in the honeymoon phase of their relationship, having just found each other, and their bodies craved one another. Tae would understand if he had a mate of his own.

“It’s alright Taetae.” Jimin said, coming to sit beside him on the couch. Tae leaned up so Jimin could sit down and rested his head in Jimin’s lap. 

“Maybe we could come up with some kind of…plan.” Tae suggested. “I know right now you and Kookie want to have your hands all over each other, but maybe you could like, I don't know, check with me before hand, or at least let me know. That way I don’t have anymore awkward moments in public again.” Jimin looked over at his mate, and Jungkook just shrugged. 

“I think that’s fair.” The dark haired guy agreed. 

“I mean just before I came home I was hiding in an unused studio, trying to get my body in check because sometimes it helps if I lay really still and focus on my music, when these two upperclassmen came in. I was so frustrated from you two doing whatever the hell it was you two were doing that I accidentally used my powers on one of the guys.” Jimin let out a chuckle as he ran his fingers through Tae’s bright red hair. “And then while I was apologizing to him, you two must have decided to go for a round two, because all of a sudden I was aroused again. To make matters worse, the guy was an empath.” Jimin’s hand stopped Tae’s head and he looked down at Tae, a serious expression on his face. 

“Tae, we didn’t go for a round two.” He said, his gaze locking with Jungkook. The younger guy gave Jimin a knowing look as Tae’s eyes shot open.

~~*~~

The mid afternoon sun glared down onto the grass on the green. Tae just happened to find the one shade tree in the whole area and claimed it as his own. He had his books splayed out in front of him, a notebook in his lap and he copied notes down into it. Suddenly he felt the now familiar coil in his stomach and he gasped out, knocking his head back onto the tree behind him. He took in a sharp breath and pressed his knees together, closing his eyes. As soon as the feeling was there it was gone, and he let out a breath of relief, opening his eyes only to be startled by the appearance of a blonde haired empath. 

“Don’t use your powers on me again!” Yoongi said, throwing his hands up in front of him. Taehyung frowned and adverted his gaze to the books laying in front of him. Yoongi let out a chuckle. “I’m just messing with you kid. It’s alright.” Shyly Taehyung glanced up at Yoongi through his long dark eyelashes. His cheeks were still a bit flustered, but Yoongi just smiled warmly at him. “Mind if I sit down?” He asked, gesturing to the spot beside Tae. “The sun really  hates pale people, and I’m incredibly pale if you didn’t notice.”

Tae watched the pale blonde haired male a moment before swooping his hand in a low arch towards the spot beside him. Yoongi sat down, folding his legs beneath him and reached a hand out in Taehyung’s direction. 

“I’m Yoongi by the way, Min Yoongi.” Tae eyeballed Yoongi’s hand before taking it.

“Kim Taehyung.” As soon as the two boys hands touched, Tae’s phone beeped, alerting him to a text message. He picked it up, unlocking it to read the message from Jimin.

Kookie’s giving me that look. I know you have a free period right now. This is your warning.” Tae grimaced and hastily began to gather his books.

“Is everything alright?” Yoongi asked, watching the younger guy shove books into his bag, not caring at the pages getting wrinkled and torn. 

“No!” Taehyung snapped, standing and slinging the bag over his shoulder before taking off quickly. 

Even though Yoongi was a bit smaller than him, Taehyung was slightly impressed by his ability to keep stride. Impressed, but annoyed. He was trying to get away from the empath before the feelings he knew would take over soon surfaced. 

“I’m sorry, but I need to go.” He said quickly, cringing at how rude he unintentionally sounded. However Yoongi wasn’t having any of it. He grabbed Taehyung by the arm and spun him around to face him. 

“What’s wrong Taehyung?” He questioned. He could feel the anxiety and fear creeping up in the younger guy, and that only intensified his curiosity. 

“Nothings wrong, I just really need to go.” And that’s when Tae felt it. The jerk behind his navel, the arch of pleasure rippling through his body. His pant’s tightened as he felt as if the air was knocked out of him. Yoongi watched as the younger boy doubled over before suddenly he too was hit with a wave of arousal. 

“Oh.” Yoongi breathed out, his eyes darting every which way before they landed on a stairway leading to an underground room down an alley. He grabbed the red headed boy by the arm and pulled him towards the alleyway. The two boys went down the steps and Taehyung sat down on the bottom step, pulling his knees to his chest, wrapping his arms around them and burying his head into his knees. He waited for the ripples of pleasure to increase and then subside as Yoongi stood in the farthest corner of the stairway and worked as much as he could at trying to control Tae’s emotions. The empath helped a bit at controlling some of his hormones. 

Once it all subsided, the only sound that could be heard was the heaving breathing of both of the boys. Taehyung refused to look up at the blonde haired empath in front of him, and as his breathing began to level out, he kept his eyes pressed into his arm. Yoongi stood with his hands in his pockets and his head leaning agains the wall behind him, his neck arched. Both guys sat in silence before Yoongi spoke.

“You’re bonded aren’t you.” Taehyung didn’t move from his spot but nodded his head. Yoongi would have missed it if he wouldn’t have looked down at the boy. “My friend Hoseok is bonded to my other friend Jin. Jin also has a mate. I kinda have an idea of what it’s like for you.” Tae slowly raised his head to look at the guy standing in front of him. 

“You do know they make pills to help suppress the effects of being bonded don’t you?” Tae frowned at Yoongi. Honestly Taehyung never met another bonded person. Bonds weren’t all that common these days, but still some people had the fortune (or misfortune) of being bonded to others. But these pills Yoongi was speaking of was news to Taehyung. 

“I- I didn’t know that.” He stuttered out. Yoongi sat on the step beside him, his knee lightly brushing Tae’s and a small shot of something fluttered through Taehyung. He groaned, not wanting another wave to pass through him again.

Yoongi smiled a knowing smile at Tae. “Maybe you should go for now.” Tae whispered, hugging his knees tighter, waiting for the next wave of arousal to hit. 

Instead of leaving, Yoongi let out a chuckle. Tae’s head snapped up to look at Yoongi, their eyes connection once again. Suddenly, before Taehyung could register what was happening, he was launching himself onto Yoongi. His arms wrapped around the older guys neck, and his red lips crashed on the the pale guys lighter ones. He breathed in through his nose, Yoongi’s scent filling his head and clouding his brain. His head was fuzzy, fuzzy with the effects of lust, the effects of arousal. Somewhere in his head he thought about how he was going to kill Jimin, but the voice in his head told him to shut up and focus on Yoongi’s lips. Yoongi’s hands on his hips. Yoongi’s body arching into his as he leaned back agains the concrete wall. 

This time though, the feelings in Taehyung’s stomach felt different. They felt more central, and grounded. Tae pressed his body harder against Yoongi’s, his pelvis grinding into the guys beneath him. He straddled Yoongi’s hips, one leg on either side of him, which was awkward because they were sitting on steps, but somehow they managed to make it work. Yoongi’s hands s up the back of Tae’s shirt, resting on the skinny guys tanned back. Tae hummed into Yoongi’s mouth, his hands tangling in Yoongi’s hair. Yoongi pressed Tae closer to him, deepening the kiss, his tongue at every part of the younger’s warm mouth. 

Tae broke the kiss, throwing his head back and letting out a soft moan and Yoongi’s hot lips attacked his neck. Yoongi breathed in Tae’s scent deeply and for a brief moment of time Yoongi couldn’t tell whose emotions where who’s. So many feelings were swirling around between the both of them as the two guys practically ed one another on the steps. 

Yoongi’s hands brushed down and around Tae’s sides and came to rest on is stomach, before sweeping up and lightly rubbing over one of Taehyung’s s, causing a shudder to rumble through the guy. The pale guy beneath Tae smirked into the skin on Tae’s neck at the feeling of the shudder. 

A small gasp escaped Tae’s mouth as Yoongi harder on the spot where neck meets shoulder and Tae bit his plump bottom lip between his teeth, leaving white marks in their wake. Suddenly Tae felt the need to feel Yoongi’s skin as well, and his hands fumbled to find the bottom of Yoongi’s shirt before slipping inside, running over the guys smooth stomach. Tae his hips forward again, earning a growl from the guy beneath him. 

Suddenly a girls giggle from down by the entrance of the alleyway startled the pair, causing them to break their make out session. Taehyung’s breath caught in his throat as he pulled back to lock his wide eyes with Yoongi’s.

“Oh my god, I’m going to kill Jimin.” Tae blushed, pulling his hands from Yoongi’s shirt and leaning back on his heels, lifting himself from Yoongi’s lap. The older guy just smirked at him as he scooted as far away as he could to the other side of the step. Yoongi eyed him a moment before speaking.

“You haven’t quite caught on yet have you?” He said, causing Taehyung to look at him in confusion. 

“What are you talking about?” He questioned, folding his arms across his chest tightly. 

Yoongi laughed, taking in the sight of a flushed and confused Taehyung. He pulled his knee up and propped his arm on it, staring at the boy a little while longer before speaking agin.

“Those weren’t your bonded’s emotions. They were yours.” Taehyung gaped, ready to argue that Yoongi was wrong, but then he remembered that Yoongi was an empath, and emotions were kind of his specialty.

“What-what are you saying?” He knew the answer, but really he wasn’t sure he believed it just yet.

Yoongi raised one dark eyebrow at Taehyung, eyeing him a few moments before speaking.

“What I’m saying is that you can now finally give your bonded a little payback.” After taking a moment to register what the older guy was saying, a wide smirk broke out on Taehyung’s face, mirroring the one on Yoongi’s.

 

~~*~~

Jimin lay in bed, just about to doze off when he felt it. This wave of something he wasn’t used to rushing through him. It caused him to sit up in bed, gasping out loud and clutching his chest. His pupils dilated, his cheeks flushed and his length hardened all on it’s own. He clutched the bed beside him, but realized soon enough that Jungkook wasn’t staying with him that night because he had an exam early the next morning. Curling on his side he clenched his knees together, and squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the waves and waves of intense pleasure to subside. 

From the room beside him he heard a light thumping followed by gasps and moans coming from his one and only bonded. Jimin let out a moan of his own, and buried his face into his pillow. 

After three weeks Taehyung would tell Jimin about the pills Hosoek gave him. But not until three weeks of honeymoon stage with his own mate was over. Jimin was getting his payback.