Two Different People

Roommates

Mingyu picked up his last shirt remaining on his bed, rolled it, packed it inside with the remaining clothes and closed his bag.

He lifted his bag into a standing position and patted the top of it. Yes, Kim Mingyu was finally going to live alone, he was going to be living in a dorm away from home and he was going to go into a new school or mostly school-academy type. He lifted his last suitcase and took it downstairs.

"Mingyu, are you done packing?" Minsuh asked him. This was Mingyus one and only loving parent and mother, his dad left them when Mingyu was only 6 it's not like he and his mother were affected by it, but, instead they were living happily, the way they ever wanted to be.

"Yup!" He said cheerfully, he didn't want to leave his mom alone but, he also wanted to live alone, he was only a 17 year old boy going to High School  and living a normal teenager life, but his mom insisted him on living alone since she wanted her son to live to the fullest.

She came to him, grabbed his streched out hands and kissed her tall son on the forehead  while tears slowly fell out of her eyes, "I'll miss you so much." she said, smiling  while Mingyu took her into his big arms and gave her a loving hug.

"I'll miss you too mom." He said, while releasing the hug and picking up his bags. The driver horned outside  signalling the young boy to get his stuff and come. Mingyu picked up his large suitcases in both hands and kissed his mom on the forehead quickly, "I love you mom! I'll call you when I reach there!" he shouted, running down the stairs of the door and keeping his bags in the trunk of the car, "Take care! I love you too!" She said, saying bye to her loving and caring son while he waved back opening the car door and bending down to sit inside the car.

The ride to the dorm which was known has  'Pledis Apartments' was not too long. Mingyu removed his earphones out of his ears and put it into his right pocket, along with his phone, opened the trunk, took out his luggage and thanked the driver  who just wished Mingyu best of luck and drove off.

The doors opened automatically so, Mingyu went inside and walked to the receptionist.

"Oh! Hello and welcome, how may I help you kid?" A young woman who looked like she was in her twenties sweetly asked Mingyu who smiled back, her hair was tied into a small ponytail and her eyeliner perfectly put. Mingyu looked at her name tag which was on her black coat 'Lee Na Ri', she smiled sweetly at Mingyu while he kept his luggage down.

"Well, I'm a new student moving in and..." Mingyu said trailing off since he didn't know what to say, but Nari finished his sentence.

"And you want to check which room number you are in right?" She finished grabbing a huge book in her hand and Mingyu nodded smiling sheepishly.

"Your name?" She asked clicking her pen

"Kim Mingyu" He said looking forward to what she was doing.

"Hm..Oh, here you are, Kim Mingyu, you're moving into a double room with a roommate right?"

"Yea"

"Well your roommate already checked in, your room number is 617  which is located on the 6th floor, your allowed to keep your luggage in your room and here's your pre-paid bills and when you will have to pay your next..." She continued the whole process and Mingyu nodded to whatever she said, he didn't know who his roommate was but he only wished it was someone who did his side of work and wasn't a pain in the .

"Well all I can say now is, have a great stay in your new room! and lets hope your new roommate does not hate you" She said laughing slowly like she read the boys mind all along. Mingyu laughed also and nodded while he picked up his room key and took his suitcases to the elevator. He already felt welcomed with his little talk and registration he had with Nari, now everything is up to him the only thing he hoped now is that he wont be going crying back home, because his roommate is being mean.

Mingyu reached the 6th floor, he dragged his luggage out of the elevator and into the floor of his dorm, he took out his room key from his left pocket and took a deep breath.

He slowly swiped his room key on the place he was supposed to and opened the door slowly, dumping his luggage into the room, he turned to look infront and saw something he that could not be unseen.

A tall, but not-as-tall-as-him boy stood infront of him coming out a room, which seemed to be the bathroom, wiping his black hair with a light blue towel while he wore long grey pants and well.. he was shirtless, his abs could be seen clearly while his narrow black eyes looked infront just staring at Mingyu.

Silence filled through out the room and the only noise that could be heard was the towel dropping on the boys shoulder. Mingyu stared at the boy with his mouth agape while the latter just bit his lower lip.

"Oh..." Is the only thing that came out from the boys mouth while Mingyu stared right into his eyes.

Mingyu kept looking, he didn't move, he didn't speak, he did nothing, he just looked and kept looking, that he didn't even notice the boy come infront him.

The boy clapped his hands infront of Mingyus face waking him up from his trance.

"Um Earth to Roommate" The boy said and Mingyu shook his head waking up from whatever that was and looked infront of him. When did he get here? WAS I DAYDREAMING? WHA-, Mingyus thoughts were cut short when the boy spoke up again.

"You okay?" He asked looking at Mingyu.

Mingyu only looked back and gulped, he was surprised maybe nothing more right?

"U-Uh Yea just taken back I guess, what's your name?" Mingyu asked, trying to start a conversation so, that he might forget he was in a trance or whatever that was, he wanted to just admit it wasn't a trance.

"Jeon Wonwoo"

Oh so his name is Wonwoo. That was the only thought that popped up in his head when the boy introduced himself.

"And you?" Wonwoo asked smiling a bit, not much like Mingyu was for the next second. Mingyu shot a huge toothy grin, his white teeth shining and his sharp canine teeth could be seen.

"Kim Mingyu" Mingyu said, still smiling and looking straight at Wonwoo.

"Well, nice to meet you Mingyu, sorry our first meeting had to be well, like that." Wonwoo said, giving out a soft chuckle not much while, he had the same tiny smile he had before.

"I don't mind"

Wonwoo looked at Mingyu, furrowing his eyebrows and giving a confused look at the statement Mingyu gave out. Mingyu just widened his eyes at what he just said, he cleared his throat while mentally slapping himself, he shook his head at Wonwoo showing he didn't mean, what Wonwoo was thinking.

"O-Oh, I mean it as, y-yea it was kind of awkward, but since we both are guys, it's not much of a big deal right?" Mingyu said, sighing and mentally still killing himself inside for saying that but, at the same time thanking himself for correcting himself about it.

"Ah yea, of course, alright then, just make yourself comfortable, I'll go get a shirt" Wonwoo said, giving out no other type of emotion and going to his room, Mingyu realised Wonwoo still didn't have a shirt on, KIM MINGYU. STOP. OH GOD.

Mingyu after mentally scolding himself, he opened the door on the right which had the window view and he walked inside. Throwing his bags to the side and removing his jacket, he threw it on his right-now-no-covers bed and sighed jumping on the bed also.

IM NOT GAY! He shouted to himself, sighing, he shook his head trying to get the thought out of his mind.

He decided to go into Wonwoos room later and ask him questions or talk to him, he seemed friendly, but he looked too quite and, the reader type? Oh, who cares at least its not someone stupid even though  Mingyu knew he was loud and weird, he didn't want to live with someone more louder and annoying, yada yada yada.

Keeping his stuff in place by dumping his school books on the wooden desk, keeping his clothes messily in the closet and then putting on his red covers and keeping  a checks type of pattern-brown blanket. He also put some rock band posters on his wall with some type since this is going to be his room now, so might as well make it feel like home, he placed pictures of him and his mom and friends on his study desk, while he was going to go change he noticed a post it note on his maths textbook.

'Whenever you feel down or you're missing me and home, just look at this note and know I love you every single second of your life' 

-Mom

He noticed who's handwriting it was, but, this note made him smile, smile like never before, he played around with the leather bracelet he always wore on his left hand and smiled once more into his toothy grins and placed the note on the bulletin board on top of desk.

Mingyu then looked around his room, well he always liked his room messy  since ages 5 to now, why clean your room when you're going to use it the next day also? He never understood why.

He changed into a blue tank top and grey shorts, no matter what type of season it is  Mingyu always liked to keep it open well, in winter he would slip on some long pants and a loose sweater, but that's all.

He opened his room door and closed it without turning back, he looked around, the dorm was pretty neat. A big enough TV for teenagers to play video games infront of the huge black couch, an open kitchen which was in the same room has the living room with a bar type of table so they could eat, some chairs which looked like the couch placed around the room and a huge window on the side emitting the evening sunlight at this time of the day.

Mingyu looked to his left and noticed another door. It was Wonwoos room, he started to have a debate with himself with whether he should enter the room or if he should not to enter the room but, taking all the courage he could, he knocked on the door until he heard a  'Come In' by the latter inside the room, he opened the door slowly, peeking inside he saw Wonwoo sit cross-legged on his black covers bed.

"You finished arranging your stuff around the room?" He asked, again with not much emotion and Mingyu nodded.

Wonwoos room was nothing like Mingyus, books were neatly placed in width other in one corner of the desk, his walls were poster-free for being a 16 year old, books of all colours and shapes arranged nicely in some bookshelves he had in his room  and other room decors placed neatly in the room. Wonwoos room was simple. Just like him.

"Uh, so...were roommates huh?" Mingyu asked trying to start a conversation with the grey long pants and black sweater wearing Wonwoo, his choice of clothes were not that freely or open also, he was just sitting there reading some book.

Wonwoo just nodded in response, he didn't even say a 'yes', Mingyu never met or had befriend with anyone so quite before, he was surprised  or just stunned well, its only their first day  maybe tomorrow he might speak more.

Mingyu closed the door again, letting Wonwoo be in his own little book world, he looked at the time, which was on a clock infront of him on the wall near the door.

'7:18pm'

It was quite late to Mingyu just decided to go take a shower. After he was done, he came out wearing the same clothes he wore before since he didn't really do anything much in those, but just talk to Mr. Quite Boy.

Mingyu noticed Nari telling him about his neighbours next door. They moved in a long time before him and were a bit loud or one of them was loud. Mingyu started to debate with himself weather he should go to visit his neighbours or not until he heard loud knocks on the door.

"Mingyu what was that?" Wonwoo asked from inside, it surprised Mingyu also, to be honest. Mingyu walked to the door not looking to see who it was and opened the door.

"AYOOOO WASSSSSUP?" A boy with blonde platinum hair shouted infront of his face, he had narrow eyes and wore a weird sweatband on his forehead, while his blonde hair overlapped it a bit, his smile was wide and his voice was loud enough for the people below this floor  to hear it.

"Gosh, I told you not to act like that" Another boy who looked quite shorter than the one infront of him sighed and buried his face into both his hands.

The boy had lavender hair and wore circular glasses, which made him stand out a little bit. The both of them looked like weird couples. Are they my neighbours? Was all Mingyu thought before he widened his eyes.

"Its ok-ay, they don't mind at all, right lamp post?" The boy with blonde hair stated, Lamp Post? Is he talking about me Mingyu thought, since his height infront of them was enough to call him taller.

"Anyway, I'm Kwon Soonyoung! And this short guy here is Lee Jihoon and Oh! If you didn't notice we are you're neighbours, we stay in room number 616" Soonyoung said, giving out a wide smile again and Jihoon smiled not showing any teeth but, the smile was welcoming.

"Oh! Right, come in" Mingyu said, but, it was not quite affective since the boys already made their way inside ignoring Mingyu.

"Mingyu who- Oh, um hello?" Wonwoo said confused, he just came out of his room through this whole commotion, Soonyoung and Jihoon looked at Wonwoo and smiled at him while Wonwoo gave out of a small smile and looked directly at Mingyu asking him who are they with his eyes.

"Thats our neighbours, Soonyoung and Jihoon" Mingyu said, pointing to both of them by their names, Wonwoo gave out a small 'oh' and nodded, he bowed slowly infront of them and they all sat down; Jihoon and Soonyoung occupying the huge couch, while Wonwoo and Mingyu took a chair from each side.

"You don't need to be formal with us by the way, we all look like the same age anyway, well maybe except Jihoon" Soonyoung stated and quickly got a icy-cold glare from Jihoon next to him.

Mingyu and Wonwoo gave out a small chuckle not knowing what to do, but soon the silence was broken when Jihoon asked a question he was supposed to ask a long time ago.

"So, what're your names?" He asked raising an eyebrow and Mingyu and Wonwoo looked at each other and back at Jihoon again answering

"I'm Kim Mingyu"

"Jeon Wonwoo"

They both smiled giving their information and the other two smiled back, they talked about various things like school or how they met and whatnot.

Seemed that Soonyoung called Jihoon 'Woozi' because of his YouTube name and Jihoon called Soonyoung 'Hoshi' because Soonyoungs hair was just has bright has a star, well In Japanese, since they went to Japan once and that's what a lady called Soonyoung, the lady was not wrong at least.

After some time, since it was already 8pm they decided they should leave, Soonyoung and Jihoon left the boys room saying their huge goodbyes and made the little hall quite all over again.

"Well, they were something." Mingyu states raising his eyebrow, he did grow close to Soonyoung since they were relatable at so many ways and so they exchanged numbers, But in the end all 4 of them did.

From: Soonyuck

Today was great! Lets hope we get along well!.  ><

Mingyu sighed from the text, he named him 'Soonyuck' because why not, no ones stopping him anyway and also, Soonyoung named him 'Mingbaby' since Mingyu was new and seemed like a baby even though he was way taller than the latter.

"Hungry?" Mingyu asked Wonwoo who was now going to go inside his room, "Well I am but, I don't have any restaurant numbers" Wonwoo said, since he spoke like that Mingyu thought he was not quite the guy who cooks.

"Well to your luck, my mother thought me some things before I could move in here, want me to cook something? I'm burn-kitchen free" Mingyu stated, laughing to himself and walking to the kitchen. Wonwoo blinked a few times and then nodded going into his room again, noticing the boy not saying anything he thought he didn't have any allergies, he was so reserved.

"Geez, he does not speak, he does not show emotions, his room is so clean, he's a living robot." Mingyu complained to himself about his new roommate, he called his mom while cooking and told her all about his room and his Mr. Quite roommate, his mom complained back and told him she was missing him, after the talk he asked somethings and soon disconnected.

Mingyu was done making his small dinner, nothing special just fried rice and chicken, he was proud of himself making this.

He knocked on Wonwoos door and opened it when the he said 'Yea'. Wonwoos voice was so deep which only made Mingyu wonder on why he never uses it.

"Dinner is ready" Mingyu said closing the door after Wonwoo nodded.

The both of them sat at the bar table of their corner kitchen and silently ate their food and for the first time Wonwoo spoke instead of Mingyu starting a conversation.

"You don't have to knock on my door all the time just enter inside"

Wonwoo spoke with his deep voice while he put a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

Mingyu nodded and ate also, he was surprised that he actually said something, was Wonwoo always like this? Did his parents really have to deal with him being so quite? Well its only their first day and who knows what might happen next time.

"So, where do you come from?" He asked trying to get some information from Wonwoo.

"Changwon" He said softly

"Oh, Which school then?"

"JMK Academy" Mingyus eyes widened at that name, he went to the same academy has Wonwoo?.

"Oh, I'm going there too this year, I just changed schools so that's the reason why I moved here" Mingyu said with a huge smile and Wonwoo just nodded, Mingyu bit his lip and kept eating.

"Uh...which course?" He asked looking at Wonwoo, was he bothering him? Did he hate all these questions?

"I'm going for science since I'm going to be a Doctor"

Oh so he's going to be doctor, Mingyu thought, but since Wonwoo looked smart he looked like he was capable of doing it.

"And you?" Wonwoo asked, Mingyu looked again surprised, did he ask him? Wow.

"Singing, I academically, but since I like singing and this academy took courses for acting and singing training, I'll try to be a singer"

Mingyu ended giving his statement bigger and more detailed than Wonwoos, Wonwoo nodded and slowly finished eating, he picked up his plate and washed it. Mingyu at least didn't have to deal with him washing everything.

"Thank you for the food and don't worry I'll do my side of the chores." Wonwoo stated and smiled slowly at Mingyu while he went inside his room shutting it.

Mingyu could only stare and think. Jeon Wonwoo. Who was he? Sometimes he showed no emotion and sometimes he showed care, he didn't talk much but always listened, he was always in his own world but knew about everything going on.

He was different and special, more of all.

Jeon Wonwoo...I think this year is going to be fun.

Mingyu thought to himself, he took his plate and washed it.  He thought to himself about something and smiled into a huge toothy grin while washing his plate.

His roommate was someone special.

                            -X-

//Sorry stuffs going to take a huge turn with Meanie in the same room huh.

-Lenora