Missing You

Love Me or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona double checked her appearance in the full-length mirror and gently ran the tip of the lipstick along her lips; it might look ironic since she was going to prison and not a fashion show but it didn't stop her from wanting to look good for her girlfriend. Yuri was being a good girl in prison even though she was terrified and anxious enough to plead the officers to allow her to send a letter to Yoona. 

“Wow... someone’s looking hot!”

“Unnie!”

Tiffany giggled as she watched Yoona turn into a pretty tomato in front of the mirror; her cheeks were involuntarily turning pink and it was pretty amusing to see Yoona blush like this. Yoona only blushed when Yuri was around, and the last time Tiffany had seen it was, probably two weeks ago. And Tiffany never thought she'd be saying this, but she missed the cheeseball's cheesiness. 

“Don’t you look a little too gorgeous for prison?” Tiffany asked, casually – more like shamelessly scanning her dongsaeng from head to toe, “what if Yuri loses control and ravages you there?”

“UNNIEEE!!!”

Yoona was literally as red as tomato, apple or crab - anything you name, she's probably that red. She did like the thought of charming Yuri even though there was probably going to be like a glass panel in front of them. All she wanted to do was kiss Yuri senseless; two weeks without kisses or any form of love was killing Yoona but she would hold out for Yuri - after all, Yuri is holding out in prison because of her. 

Tiffany smiled and patted Yoona's , finally leaving the room to give Yoona some space to calm her emotions.

The doe-eyed woman was about to grab her clutch and leave when her eyes spotted a rather familiar miniature box on the table. Yoona picked up the box carefully and flipped the lid open, her eyes welling with tears as they landed on the promise ring seated snugly between paddings. Her free hand plucked the lone piece of jewellery gently and brought it to her lips, gently kissing the engraving.

“I miss you so much…”

 

Flashback.

Six years ago on this very day, it would be the day when Yuri had first succeeded in asking Yoona on an unofficial date. Yuri was planning for one of the biggest surprises in order to ask Yoona out but unexpectedly, Yoona had saw through it and got the question out of her (unofficial) girlfriend way before Yuri had planned to ask. Yoona had surprised Yuri instead, and it was to her pleasure indeed.

“Come on, Yul…” Yoona nudged Yuri cutely, her eyes twinkling with glee as she faced the sulking girl digging her toes in the sand – Yuri had been sulking for the longest time now.

“What.”

Yuri was not happy with this – she wanted to be able to surprise Yoona and make Yoona feel extra special for once. She always made plans in her head and formulated them to be extraordinary as well as beautiful for Yoona, but Yoona was always one step ahead. It was as if Yoona had been reading her mind all this while but only decided to step out when Yuri carried out her plans.

“Yul…”

When Yuri squeezed her eyes shut as a response, Yoona couldn’t help but release a soft giggle at her cute lover; Yuri had no chance against her lethal doe eyes or her cute, shy smile but here she was, trying her luck. Yoona knew how disappointed Yuri was again, but she loved the way Yuri reacted when she exposed her plans – Yuri acted as if the entire world was going to crash and burn when she did; it just showed how important Yoona was.

“Yul, look at me.”

Yuri sighed and looked up meekly, resting her chin on her fists. Yoona combusted at the sight and grabbed Yuri’s face, pressing her lips against Yuri’s to get rid of that adorable pout.

“I know you feel disappointed and maybe, helpless since none of your surprises have worked so far but I promise, it still means a lot to me than you’ll ever expect. I accepted this one because I know how hard you’ve worked on getting me to go on a date with you; the rest were just as meaningful – I just loved your reaction.”

Yuri’s eyelid twitched at Yoona’s honest words; she wondered if Yoona was simply stringing her along because of the numerous rejections and sometimes cold shoulders. Never had she expected Yoona to reject her so many times because of her reactions – who would do that? Yuri was thankful though; with every rejection, it only strengthened her resolve to do  better in surprising Yoona. 

Yoona gulped when she felt Yuri's hands on either side of her waist; they felt so protective.

“I’ll make sure you never reject me for that reason ever again…”

Flashback end. 

 

That was then though; Yuri was still in prison when the date came - as much as both Yuri and Yoona wanted to spend that day together, they couldn't. Yuri wasn't granted bail, neither was she allowed to have any visitors from outside since it was nearing the of the case. Yoona could remember hearing how upset Yuri was from Hyoyeon - only Hyoyeon and Sunny were allowed to visit since they worked closely with the police as well. 

If Hyoyeon hadn't promised Yuri that she'd find a present for he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter