So Far Away (Finale)

So Far Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Please forgive any grammar or spelling errors. I haven't had enough time to edit this and you know, my editing skill aren't on point. 
Word Count: 13K (I am sorry it's so long) 

_________________________________________________________

If you asked Min Yoongi how often he walked past by a flower shop in his residential area, the answer would be very often. If you asked Min Yoongi how often he glanced at the stop hoping to buy a house plant for his lonely apartment, the answer would be very often. If you asked Min Yoongi how often he actually even dared to take steps around the flower stop, the answer would be, not so very often.

It was an average day for Min Yoongi, and by that it meant he was returning home from the studio at five in the morning after three days, when he noticed that a new flower shop had been opened in his neighborhood. Not that his neighborhood was particularly unfit to have a flower shop, but his neighborhood was also peculiar in its own way to be unfit to have a flower shop.

Min Yoongi, in his early twenties, worked as a music producer for a huge company who paid him tons but he yet lived in a very ty environment with the scent of cigarettes, ashes, sweat and poison lingering in the air, complimented by the sound of , unpleasant shouting and car horns along with which he was gifted with smug faces, y attitudes and eye rolls by the residents.

If he had to say how he felt about his neighborhood and why he lived there, he would simply say, “Cause I want to and cause I like it.” Because Min Yoongi did not have the time to explain little kids about his preferences in life and what he liked to do for entertainment purposes. It was his life and he could do whatever he wanted.

However, it was not an average day for Min Yoongi when he decided to actually step into the flower shop and buy himself that bloody houseplant. It was a fresh Sunday morning, on which he actually didn’t have work or wasn’t spending it at the studio trying to fix tunes. He had woken up by the usual shouting of the middle aged house wife living down stairs and the usual annoying sound of loud of his neighbor and his annoying girlfriend.

Not that he wasn’t used to it, but he also didn’t want to start his Sunday in such an unpleasant manner, for which he had deliberately signed up for. If he cherished anything in his life other than his career, it was his bloody sleep which he never got the opportunity to enjoy after the age of five. Groaning in annoyance, the grey haired man, who looked like a sixteen year old boy, made his way out of the bed whilst scrunching his nose.

Now, it wasn’t likely of him to open the window as soon as he had woken up because who wanted to smell the scent of grease and carbondioxide early in the morning? But as it was mentioned, it wasn’t an average day for Min Yoongi. Dragging his feet whilst cursing the entire world, he made his way to the window. He unlocked the shutter and pulled up the glass only to be greeted by the scent of…if he was correct, fresh roses.

He looked down the street and his eyes immediately fell on the flower shop. Did he mention that the shop had the most cringe worthy name that he had ever come across? Also, believe Min Yoongi when he says that has come across some very cringe worthy materials in life. He tried not to smirk at the name “Flowers Of Hope.” Or even roll his eyes because he wasn’t a judgmental . The owner could name the shop “Roses And Emo Tears” or “Dream Pollen” and it still wouldn’t be any of his business.

Speaking of the owner, not that Min Yoongi wanted to confess such an embarrassing agenda but, that man called “Jung Hoseok” was why he never dared to enter the flower shop. Don’t ask him why because he will never tell anyone. Why? Cause it’s none of their ing business.

Hoseok was cutting the thorns of the roses when he had noticed the intense stare of Min Yoongi upon himself. He looked at the man, who stood in front of his window with bed hair, eyes puffed from sleep and  decided to mouth him a good morning along with a gummy smile.

 It made Min Yoongi’s heart flutter and cheeks turn rosy but he wasn’t going to admit it.

The silver haired man immediately looked away from the window, without greeting back. It didn’t matter anyways cause in the neighborhood he had quite a good reputation for being a grumpy . He sighed and dragged himself to the bathroom to get hid of his morning breath and the pee he had been holding onto for a while.

It was when he was he was watching television and munching on his cereal, when he realized his apartment was lonely as . Not that he wanted the company of another human being cause who the wanted stress? It’s just that he was bored and the lack of activity in his apartment was kind of frightening. In short, Min Yoongi was bored. It was a rare occurrence but it was currently happening.

Not that he couldn’t have pets but if he did get himself a cat, dog or even a goldfish, it would die within days because one, he was rarely at home, two, he was not going hire anyone to take care of his pet because it was his responsibility and three, he wasn’t very bright in the “caring” section.

He sighed once he realized his best option was to get himself a houseplant and then a few more if he doesn’t end up killing the first one. He dumped his cereal bowl and coffee mug into the sink, thinking of washing them later after he returned from the flower shop. He dressed himself casually, wearing a black jumper and grey skinny jeans with black converse.

He strolled down to the flower shop, thinking of the best plants that wouldn’t die easy but just before he was about to enter the shop, he turned his heels around and began to walk back to his apartment because his was being ing retarded and cowardly. He halted his steps and turned around again because this wasn’t the first time had done this and he really needed that bloody houseplant.

He was lonely and bored but he wasn’t going to admit that, ever.

He took deep breathes with his eyes closed as he stood in front of the flower shop’s entrance. He was about to gather his balls and man up for once to finally enter the flower shop, when someone tapped him on the shoulders, very gently. Min Yoongi being startled by basic human interact shrieked and took a few steps back almost falling down face verse.

However, the generous man who had tapped him on the shoulders had grabbed his arm before he broke his nose and become a mouth breather for the rest of his life.

Min Yoongi never watched romantic movies, unless he was bored in his apartment, which wasn’t very often but it had earned him the opportunity to watch a few cringe worthy romantic films. If he wasn’t wrong, the fact that he was currently being held by the arm and waist by the guy who owns a flower shop in the neighborhood was just like how romantic movies started.

“Sorry about that, are you alright?” Hoseok asked with a concerned expression, letting go of the smaller built man. “Yeah, I am fine.” Yoongi answered as he stood up on his feet. “Great. Anything I can help you with?” Hoseok asked with a smile that was brighter than the sun, before Yoongi would even comprehend the thought of thanking the other from preventing him from breaking his nose.

“Uhh, yeah, I was looking for a houseplant.” Yoongi replied, trying not to bother about the heat rising to his face from embarrassment. Hoseok tapped his foot and thought deeply as they both stood outside the shop. Yoongi shifted awkwardly, trying not to be creepy for his first impression but he was sure he was failing to do so. “I might have just the thing for you.” Hoseok declared suddenly. “Follow me.” He added and Yoongi did as he was instructed.

In the shop there was more scent of flowers than Yoongi had ever experienced in his entire life. Not that he had been to many flower shops in his life but it was still quite the surprise. He expected the other to hand him a random small flower pot from the shop but Hoseok seemed to have kept walking and Yoongi seemed to be following the other into the backyard of the flower shop.

If Yoongi thought that the flower shop and its entrance had tons of flowers then he should he think again because the backyard, which was a nursery, had even more flower plants than he could count. “I think this is perfect for you.” Hoseok said as he popped out of the plant nursery with a cactus in his hand. “A cactus?” Yoongi asked furrowing his eyebrows. “Yeah, it’s perfect for someone who is never lets the sunshine enter his apartment at which he is barely at.” Hoseok replied with a grin.

Yoongi at the sudden information about himself should be crept out and find Hoseok to be a stalker but instead he was embarrassed to the point where his ears were flushed red along with his face and neck. The idea of Hoseok keeping an awareness about Yoongi was somewhat pleasant rather than creepy. It wasn’t because he had a crush on Hoseok because crushes were for teenagers and he was a ing grown man.

“Alright then, I’ll try to take care of it well.” Yoongi said as he took the pot to his hand from Hoseok’s. “How much is it?” The silver haired man asked.  “I think a smile and a “Good morning.” Should do the trick.” Hoseok replied with a bigger grin which made Yoongi’s heart flutter but also made him want to punch the other in the .

“It’s free then. Thanks.” Yoongi said as he turned away to leave hoping for the other to stop him for actual payment but, unfortunately for Min Yoongi, that never happened and the next thing he knew, he was in his apartment, finding a suitable place for the small cactus which seemed to have changed the aura of his apartment already.

 

-----***

It was one of those days where Min Yoongi was returning to his apartment at five in the morning, looking forward to greet his cactus which he hadn’t met in a few days. However, his cactus wasn’t in a very healthy form to be greeting him back. The three cacti which stood on the sandy soil were now lying, being withered, looking dead and lifeless.

As mentioned, Min Yoongi was not very bright in the “caring” section so in panic, he grabbed the pot and rushed out of the apartment and found himself banging on Hoseok’s flower shop’s door seeking for help, since that’s where the owner of the shop lived.

It took about good ten minutes for the other to come down from the second floor where he lived and open the door of the flower shop. Yoongi was greeted with Hoseok’s bed hair, dazed eyes and furrowed eyebrows. “Is everything alright?” the owner asked, his voice husky and slightly cracked with hints sleep.

It was very y but now was not the time.

Since Yoongi couldn’t comprehend the correct words, he just shoved the cacti pot in front of the shop owner’s face. Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows further and soon started to flutter his eyes to get a hold of his vision and comprehend the situation going on. “Oh my god!” Hoseok exclaimed once he realized what had happened.

He took the pot from Yoongi’s hand and asked him to follow him into his house. Yoongi followed the owner of the shop with nervous steps and heart beating faster for various reasons. It was his first time entering the house of Jung Hoseok on whom he had a low key crush on but he was never going to admit that  and also, he was losing his over the fact that he may or may not have killed his cacti which he had named, “Hobi.”

Don’t ask why, it’s none of other’s concerns.

“When was the last time you watered it?” Hoseok asked as he inspected the cacti with a magnifying glass. “Just before I left home three days ago.” Yoongi answered with guilt, fiddling with his fingers, anticipating disappointment from the other. “That’s odd. This cacti can survive without proper nurturing for at least a week.” Hoseok informed whilst furrowing his eyebrows.

“Tell you what, have a seat and I’ll make both of us coffee whilst we talk about this.” Hoseok requested with a soft smile once he realized Yoongi was not even looking up from his shoes feeling disappointment and guilt. Yoongi looked up to the other and nodded in agreement as he took a seat on a couch in the living room area beside the open kitchen space.

Yoongi felt all sorts of emotions at the moment, disappointment, self loathing, nervousness, anticipation and what not which made him seem and feel like a hormonal high school boy in puppy love. He sighed inwardly and patiently waited for the owner of the shop to return with the coffee.

At one point, one way or the other, had started to think what it would be like to live with Jung Hoseok, in his apartment filled with the scent of flowers, cigarettes and the cologne he used. He mentally punched himself and called himself a bloody piece of at the thought and his imagination running wild.

“Do you like a lot of sugar, mild sugar or no sugar at all?” Hoseok asked his guest, who was finally distracted from his train of thoughts of making out with the other on the couch. “A tea spoon full is fine.” Yoongi answered, trying to hold a steady expression and tone. Also trying to hide the deep flush which appeared on his face due to embarrassment, by rubbing his face and pretending to be sleepier than he actually was.

Once the coffee was prepared, Hoseok walked over to the couch on which Yoongi was sitting on and sat beside his guest, closer than he should. Not that Yoongi didn’t know that people had different ways of walking but Hoseok seemed to be limping his steps from the kitchen whilst looking very unpleased or even in pain. Yoongi wanted to ask if the other was alright but he somehow couldn’t bring himself to do so.

“I hope you like it.” Hoseok said with a soft smile, sitting very close to the other with their shoulders brushing. Yoongi nodded and thanked the owner as they both sipped into their coffee in silence, waiting for the other to speak up. When Hoseok was assured that Yoongi wasn’t going to speak anytime soon, he decided to initiate the conversation.

“It’s odd but I might have a theory. The reason why I gave you that particular cacti pot was because it’s very strong when it comes to isolation. It can last for a week without any care at all and as far as I am concerned, you have been taking well care of it so far. Is this the first time you have left the cacti alone for the longest period of time?” Hoseok informed and interrogated the other.

“Yeah, I have been working at home for a while now, only leaving for a couple of hours a day. I had to hit the studio for the finishing touches three days ago and I just couldn’t find to the time to return home and take care of it.” Yoongi answered, feeling guilt in his veins once again.

Hoseok tapped his foot on the wooden floor and rested in head on the couch. “How do you exactly “care” for the cacti if you don’t mind me asking?” Hoseok asked sitting up straight and facing the other. Yoongi at the question blushed deeply because his way of taking care of the cacti was somewhat embarrassing and very unlikely of him.

“Don’t laugh okay?” Yoongi asked for assurance before he began and Hoseok nodded with determination appearing on his expression. Yoongi sighed and began, “I talk to it a lot okay? Whenever I come home from work, I talk to it, informing it about what happened throughout the day and how I feel. I know it’s ing stupid but I ask it what it thinks of my songs and how the sun’s heat is making it feel. Hell I even eat next to it. I know I sound like a lonely sore loser but I am not.”

“I just like this kind of quiet interaction and plants are the best for it. They don’t complain, get hurt and they accept facts. I know I sound lunatic but it’s just how I am.” Yoongi finished. “Did you name it?” Hoseok asked with curiosity and amusement, no sign mockery in his eyes and tone. “Yeah, I did,” Yoongi answered, wondering when his face was actually going to stop being flushed in embarrassment, at least for once. “What is it?” Hoseok asked. Yoongi remained quiet and fiddled with his fingers for a few seconds. “Hobi.” He answered quietly.

“Well then, I might sound more lunatic, as I also talk to plants but I think our Hobi here withered because he was feeling lonely.” Hoseok informed. “Are you ing with me right now?” Yoongi asked with a glare. “Whoa there!” Hoseok exclaimed with a chuckle, raising his heads as a sign of innocence.

“I am just stating what I think is happening. You see, I believe, plant have feelings too. They are weird don’t you think? They can feel pain someone tears a leaf or their fruit, they breathe kind of similarly to us and they also reproduce. It’s amazing really and I think they also hold the ability to feel emotions such as love, pain, loneliness, anger and happiness.”

“So I think our Hobi here, whom you had left alone with no love for the past three days was feeling lonely and withered without your presence and care.” Hoseok finished with an amusing smile, feeling proud of himself as if he had solved the mystery of life and death. Yoongi remained quiet upon hearing the theory and eyed the owner of the shop in suspicion, looking for hints of lies and mockery and fortunately, there were none.

“. You’re ing serious.” Yoongi said being astounded. “Hey! Language, I am older than you.” Hoseok warned narrowing his eyes, even though he wasn’t offended at all. “Yeah right, how old are you?” Yoongi asked scoffing. “You first.” Hoseok replied. “I turned twenty four just recently.” Yoongi replied rolling his eyes.

“There is no way you’re a year older than me!” Hoseok exclaimed and groaned in annoyance of defeat. Yoongi smirked as he felt like he had won a kingdom for himself. “Well, anyways, just in case, you can leave Hobi with me for the next few days and I’ll do my best to revive him and take care of him. You can come around to visit and see how he is doing.” Hoseok suggested taking the coffee mugs and dumping them in the sink to wash them, still walking with limping steps.

“Yeah, that sounds fine.” Yoongi replied, without thinking much about it as it meant he could enter the younger’s house more and his precious Hobi would be in great care. For some odd reason he still avoided asking Hoseok if he was feeling pain in his legs. “Good, now go home and relax. Leave your Hobi to me. I’ll take great care of him.” Hoseok informed with his toothy smile which made Yoongi’s knees weak and mind dizzy.

However he managed to return to his apartment after thanking Hoseok and without getting himself killed in an accident on the way back. He stripped his clothes, only leaving his boxers on and plopped on to the bed, missing the cacti and the scent of Hoseok’s warm house and falling into proper sleep, after three whole days.

 

-----***

It was odd, it was definitely odd. It wasn’t odd that he visited Hoseok everyday to check up on Hobi, it wasn’t odd that they often had lunch or dinner together and it wasn’t odd that whenever he had free time, he helped out the younger in the shop.

The matter which was odd was the fact that right now, he was straddling Jung Hoseok and making out with him on the same couch on which he had let his fantasies run wild a couple days ago. It was definitely odd that he had his hand fisted in the younger’s hair as the other ran his palm on his thighs.

It was all just odd.

It all started about nine days ago when he first visited Hoseok to see how his cacti were doing. He was expecting great results from Hoseok as he had a green thumb but unfortunately, he just found a very upset Hoseok sitting in front of the cacti. When he had asked the younger what was wrong, the answer was that, “Maybe it doesn’t need my affection but yours. I think it needs your care and you should be one to spend more time with it.”

However, Yoongi was still in no obligations to have Hobi in his apartment as he was barely at home due to deadlines, instead it was decided that he would be spending a generous amount of time at Hoseok’s apartment with Hobi, along with Hoseok, instead of his own apartment which was now even more isolated and dust coated.

His “caring” session with Hobi, along with Hoseok slowly turned into lunch and dinner dates together and one point Yoongi ended up suggesting that he helped out the younger with his flower shop as he felt like he was free loading at the other’s house by eating whatever he wanted to and  sleeping wherever he wanted to, specially the couch since it was very comfortable.

If he had to say, they had become quite close friends and Yoongi was sure close friends didn’t make out heatedly on the couch but it was he who had initiated it in the first place

As usual, on a Sunday evening after returning from the studio, Yoongi headed towards the younger’s house with Chinese food and beer. When he entered the house, he was met with a Hoseok who seemed to be kneeling down towards Hobi and speaking to him with a fond smile spread on his face.

It was stupid but Min Yoongi was jealous, of whom exactly, he didn’t know.

“I thought it needed my attention and care.” Yoongi scoffed putting down the food and beer on the table. “He does but he and I have our own fair share of secrets amongst us.” Hoseok informed with a grin and started to help the elder unpack the food.

They were now both brawled on the sofa with television , on which some weird drama was going on but it really didn’t matter to them as they were both busy talking about what had happened throughout the day and most important complaining about the government for not using their taxes properly.

“Hey Yoongi.” Hoseok called out sipping into his beer after their dinner plates were empty and stomachs full. Yoongi hummed and response and waited for the other to begin. “How come you don’t have a girlfriend?” Hoseok asked, “Even though you’re grumpy as hell and don’t like human interaction.” He added with a chuckle.

Yoongi slapped the back of the younger’s head as response. “I don’t ing like girls and I don’t like ing them, that’s why.” He added, gulping down the last few sips of the beer in one go. “Ah, that explains the number of men who keep on calling you.” Hoseok said with a smirk which earned him another slap on the back of his head.

“So why don’t you have a boyfriend?” Hoseok asked curiously. “Why don’t you have a lover Hoseok-ah?” Yoongi asked glaring at the younger in annoyance because the answer was because he was head over heels in love with Jung Hoseok and he didn’t even have to balls to admit it to himself let alone confess to the other.

“Well, maybe I do.” Hoseok said. Yoongi halted his action and looked at the younger wide eyes. “I mean you never asked.” Hoseok shrugged and before Yoongi knew it he had stood up on his feet and had started to leave the house, almost running.

If it weren’t for the fact that Hoseok had stopped him by holding him by his wrist, he might have been hit by a car and been bloody dead because his vision was blurry as with the tears on his waterline, waiting to roll down his cheeks. Hoseok hugged him and shushed his tears, assuring him he was just joking and he was single as cause who would date a guy who lived in a ty neighborhood with a flower shop?

Once they returned back their home and Yoongi had calmed down, Hoseok apologized numerous time and held Yoongi tight in his embrace until, Yoongi had initiated the first kiss, which lead to their current heated make out session, filled with passion, affection and lust.

The night ended with them snuggling on the sofa and falling back to sleep.

 

-----***

When Namjoon had asked Yoongi why he was so enthusiastic about returning home for the past couple of weeks, Yoongi had replied that it was none of the younger’s business and he should shut the up and return to work. He had skipped the details that he had obtained himself a boyfriend and how they were both spending their days in the midst of flowers, various plants and wild . No one needed to know anyways.

As long as Hoseok knew how much he needed and wanted the younger, it was just fine.

Yoongi jogged his way to Hoseok’s place from the nearest Chinese food stall. Now, not that Yoongi was “very easily jealous and insecure” but he was also “very easily jealous and insecure”. So when he saw Hoseok speaking with a dazzlingly beautiful girl in front of the shop, he felt a very unpleasant aching where his heart his caged in his chest.

However his hurt was turned into anxiousness when he saw the girl yelling at Hoseok for being selfish and ungrateful he was, of which none was true to Yoongi. He was even more anxious to see Hoseok yell back, for the first time in his life span time of knowing the younger.

It gave him chills all over his body and made cold shiver run down his spine.

The girl at the end of their yelling match had slapped Hoseok on the cheek and stomped away from the shop with tears rolling her cheeks and hiccups escaping her pink lips. Yoongi watched the younger kick the door close to his apartment in anger which made him jump and gasp being startled.

At that moment, Yoongi did not have the courage to step in to the younger’s house. In fear that he might be treated the same and in fear that he might do something to upset the younger even more. He had never seen Hoseok angered and he was sure he wouldn’t be able to take it if he upset the younger even further.

He walked back into his apartment complex which was now mostly coated with dust and all oh so unfamiliar environment. He was used to Hoseok’s clonge and the floral scent surrounding him, with the warmth of the younger, at Hoseok’s small cozy home. His apartment just seemed cold, uninviting and filled with dust.

Most of his important belongings were at Hoseok’s house as he thought what the point in keeping them in his apartment was, when he spent all his time at the younger’s home. He sighed and took off his shirt, plopping on the dusty bed.

He tried to fall asleep but his mind was running a thousand and one thoughts about Hoseok and the girl, not to mention the dusty bed making him sneeze. He knew enough about the younger but not more than enough. Hoseok usually avoided talking about his family, his childhood or even student days and Yoongi never invaded the younger’s privacy.

There were moments he shared with the elder, sitting on their sofa on a cozy night with hot mocha but there were many moments left unsaid or unmentioned.

Yoongi had just closed his eyes when he received a text from the younger.

Hobi 2.0: 12:34AM
Hyung, where are you?

Yoongi: 12:34AM
I am at my apartment.

Hobi 2.0: 12:35AM
Why are you there? Come over hyung! Hobi might get lonely again!!

Yoongi: 12:36AM
Yeah sorry, I was just going through some stuff. The dust is consuming all my belongings.

Hobi 2.0: 12:37AM
Come back. We can clean it later tomorrow morning, together. I need you right now, please.

And with the last text of which’s he could hear Hoseok’s soft tone in his mind, Yoongi had hastily begun to put his clothes back on and rushing towards the younger’s house, forgetting about the Chinese food on his dusty kitchen counter.
 

-----***
 

Yoongi fluttered his eyes open, his chapped lips, cursing at the existence of the bloody sun and the fact that “the bloody sun” was why Hobi was alive along with other living plants which gave him oxygen. He was about to uncover the blanket of his body when he felt and heard an unpleasant sigh on his neck.

Yoongi’s face flushed deep as the memories of the previous night returned to him. Memories of how shameless and needy he had been for the younger’s skin and touch, along with the memory of how he had thrown his phone across the room when Namjoon had called him in the middle of their love making session.

“I have to go to work and you have to open the shop you know.” Yoongi informed as Hoseok buried his face deeper in to the crook of the elder’s neck. “Give me five more minutes.” Hoseok muttered, pressing a kiss into the already marked skin of Yoongi. “That’s my line and no, we’re already behind schedule.” Yoongi informed before he pulled off the cover from both their bodies and pulled himself off of the younger’s caged embrace.

“You’re so mean.” Hoseok complained rolling on the bed from side to side. “Well Hoseok-ah, being nice won’t fulfill our stomach now will it?” Yoongi replied with a smug e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter