one

When You Least Expect It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We absolutely need to eradicate all these delinquent acts in our academy and here's the proposal that I've came up with to address this precisely." Kim Seokjin pushed the glasses up his nosebridge, a grim smile on his perfectly-sculpted features and nodding towards me.

Flustered that I had been caught glancing at his side profile, I quickly did my job and clicked on the next slide of his presentation.

"Thank you, Binnie." He gestured towards the screen. "So now, I will begin to address these salient points in the next ten minutes..."

His voice trailed off in my mind as the image of him addressing the rest of the school councillors and teachers in his professional, serious demeanour was slowly but surely being imprinted in my memory. The audience was all eyes and ears- everyone pays attention when Kim Seokjin is speaking. I tried to tear my eyes away and attempted to focus on what he was saying.

Yeah, okay, I know. It's obvious that I have a big crush on Kim Seokjin.

But so does every girl in my school population. He's not just smart, capable and hot, try adding sincere, down-to-earth and sensible to that formula for the most perfect boy I've ever known. He's not only the president of the Student Council, but also the heir to Kim Corporation, which is one of the biggest finance conglomerates in South-east Asia. 

Where am I in this equation, you're asking? I'm the secretary of the Student Council, which means I see him almost everyday in school. In case you're wondering, I shall be honest- I did join the Student Council for him. But, hey, I do my work well-

"Binnie," A gentle, but firm voice urged me out of my thoughts and I jolted back to awareness. Seokjin was regarding me and I realised, so was the entire audience.

"You have something to add about our new proposal right? You were sharing with me this morning?"

I hurriedly nodded, trying to recollect my thoughts. "Yes, yes." I rose to my feet, feeling my cheeks redden. "So I had a few measures that I thought would be worth putting in place. The first is more frequent patrols- and also, second a clear protocol of what to do when acts of deliquency are chanced upon. The third is empowering every student to be part of this protocol to stamp out deliquency in our school, by involving them more and giving them more authority to effect change."

Seokjin nodded, smiling. "That's right. By empowering the student body, we'll not only ensure that it's not a top-down approach, but we can also increase the outreach and prevent new deliquency converts. Thanks for the great input, Binnie. That's all I have to share for today. Thank you, everyone."

I felt myself glowing as I clapped along with the audience. He thanked me! He complimented me! This was definitely something worth celebrating about and sharing with Taehyung, my best friend.

"Very well put together presentation, Seokjin. The board will definitely review your proposal favourably and try to ensure it's up by the next semester." Our headmaster commented. "And very good ideas, Binnie. Actually, we would like to appoint a committee leader to spearhead this proposal. In view of the fact that Seokjin has quite a bit on his plate, I say, Binnie, you're the girl for the job."

Seokjin turned towards me, beaming. "I second that."

"Yes, Binnie!" Kahyoung, one of the councillors pumped her fist in the air. The rest of the audience broke into choruses of agreement and feeling extremely flattered, I couldn't hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter