A Day In The Life

A Maknae's Point Of View

AN: Chan's POV about his day in the life of a Seventeen member and seeing Mingyu and Jihoon together all the time~ An innocent and naive take on Jigyu's relationship within the group :D

I hope you enjoy reading this and have a great day (/ ouo)/


Hello there, My name is Dino, Seventeen's giant maknae. We debuted not too long ago, and our success as a group definitely went up, but I must admit that we still have a long way to go. We are quite young, so we have more time to learn and grow. It's been a busy year for us! From our comeback, to our fanmeetings, it's been a whirlwind. But being tired because of the job that we love feels quite nice, I don't mind being exhausted as long as I get to do what I love. 

Today is a rare occasion! Today, we have our day off! We've been busy lately so we don't have time to rest, but today is an exception. I wake up and brush my teeth like I normally do. The stock of our toothpaste and other neccesities skyrocketed along with our popularity. I'm happy that our fans are looking out for us. Ah, where was I? Oh yes! I usually drag myself out of bed to wake up the hyungs. It's a hard life to be the youngest but I got to do what I got to do. I always start off with the easiest, my roommates! 

We recently moved to a new dorm, and we get to have new roommates! Jun hyung, Wonwoo hyung, The8 hyung, Vernon hyung and Hoshi hyung are my roommates. They are easy to wake up and they don't threaten me with scary words unlike the other hyungs. The next one will be the room at the opposite end of the hall, Jisoo hyung, Seokmin hyung and Seungkwan hyung. They are not as easy to wake up, but Jisoo hyung always tries to help me. I always put the second room last because Jihoon hyung and Jeonghan hyung are the hardest to wake up. 

As I make my way to the second bedroom, I was surprised to see Seungcheol hyung by our room and Jeonghan hyung coming out of the bathroom just across us. Well, that leaves Jihoon hyung and Mingyu hyung to wake up! 

"Maknae-yah!" Seungcheol hyung's deep voiced rang in my ears.

"Yes, hyung?" I said in response.

"Are you going to wake up Mingyu and Jihoon?" He asked the obvious.

"Yes, why?" It was odd of him to have a very suspicious smirk so early in the morning.

"Good luck." Seungcheol hyung said, he looked like he was about to cry?  I could hear Hoshi hyung and Wonwoo hyung's conversation about pitying me? What was it? Why are they weird this morning?

I sighed heavily, sometimes I don't get why the hyungs would play around like that.They would sometimes act so weird whenever it comes to Jihoon hyung and Mingyu hyung, do they know something that I don't?  I headed to the second room once more, I was about to knock--- Huh? What's that strange sound? I leaned over the door, with my ear pressed upon the wood. I bunched up my brows together, what an unsual sound... Jihoon hyung sounds like he's in pain. How surprising.. Jihoon hyung is awake at this hour but why does he sound like someone was hurting him? Ah! I culd hear Mingyu hyung as well... Are they..... wrestling? Isn't it a little too early to play around? 

Those two are always in their own world. I would always catch them fooling around, Mingyu hyung would threaten Jihoon hyung with kisses. He would also carry Jihoon hyung a little too much than before. Their relationship is quite special I must say, sometimes I would see Jihoon hyung wear Mingyu hyung's sweater in the middle of the night. It's no big deal, we always borrow each other's clothes. Jihoon hyung for some reason would always have a good mood whenever Mingyu hyung was around, even though he tells him off with sharp words, I could see the smile Jihoon hyung would always have.

Hmmm... I should really call them, since Mingyu hyung is going to cook breakfast today-- Wow, Jihoon hyung sounds like he's really hurt, he even called Mingyu hyung's real name instead of his nickname Minggu. I kind of feel bad for Jihoon hyung, he's really not a morning person, but Mingyu hyung is torturing him.

I was about to knock on the door, when Seungkwan hyung took hold of my wrist.

"What is it, hyung?" I asked.

"It's... It's better to leave them be." Seungkwan hyung looked red, was he sick?

"What do you mean? Jihoon hyung sounds like he's in a lot of pain." I explained.

"Oh, he's in a lot of pain alright." Vernon hyung passed by with a smirk on his face.

"NOT HELPING." Seungkwan hyung shouted.

"But hyung, Mingyu hyung promised to cook--"

"Let's just order take out." Seungkwan hyung pushed me away from the second room. I don't understand what was happening at all. The hyungs are definitely acting weird.

The day went on like normal. Actually, time flew by as fast as can be. We are going out for lunch and everyone is having a great time as we walked a few blocks away from our dorm. It was always great to be with the hyungs like this, we should have day offs more often. I smiled as Seokmin hyung imitated  a funny looking statue. I looked over my shoulder to find Jihoon hyung and Mingyu hyung holding hands. They do that a lot lately, even when Jihoon hyung looks like he is sick as can be with his red face, he would always hold hands with Mingyu hyung. I'm glad they are very close even though they are the opposites of each other.

As we entered the restaurant, I could tell some of the people recognize us, but I'm thankful that they are not disturbing us. I sat by the end, across Hoshi hyung and Seungcheol hyung. I don't know why they look so pissed off, but I followed their line of sight to find Mingyu hyung squeezing Jihoon hyung's cheeks. I was scared for Mingyu hyung, we all know that Jihoon hyung doesn't like to be fooled.

"Aish, look at them." I heard Hoshi hyung comment in distaste.

"Y-Yah! Mingyu! That's too close to Jihoon!" I heard Seungcheol hyung exclaim. 

They are very lively today. I'm just thankful to find such a close-knit family. Jihoon hyung and Mingyu hyung's odd relationship was certainly something you would think about at most times. Mingyu hyung would always pull Jihoon hyung to sit on his lap, but that's nothing new, but sometimes Jihoonie hyung would sometimes turn pink. I bet he's embarrassed to be treated as a baby, I know I would be! I'm the maknae after all, they always baby me, so I feel so much for Jihoon hyung's problem.

Mingyu hyung would sometimes argue with Hoshi hyung about Jihoon hyung. I know they are good friends, but sometimes I just think they are just jealous of each other because Jihoon hyung treats them in a special way. Then again... Hoshi hyung and Mingyu hyung are the top 2 on Jihoon hyung's list to curse at whenever they annoyed him.

We had a grand time eating our lunch. I can't remember when was the last time I laughed so much. Jeonghan hyung placed two fries against his eyes and imitated Hoshi hyung, while Wonwoo hyung made a funny syllable poem about his hamburger. It was nice to bond like this. We all agreed to watch a movie right after our lunch. We decided to watch something action-packed, something that will catch our attention. It's not all the time that we act our age.

Everywhere we go we draw attention to ourselves, I think it's because we have so many people walking in a group. I was about to ask Jun hyung about the movie we were watching when I noticed Jihoon hyung and Mingyu hyung were missing. Immediately I became worried.

"Jun hyung, where did Jihoon hyung and Mingyu hyung go?" I asked.

"Jihoonie left his jacket in the dorm. He went back to get it, Mingyu came with him." Jun hyung said nonchalantly.

"Ah! Is that so?" My face immediately lit up in relief, "Then I should catch up to them! I didn't bring my jacket as well." I said as I bolted off back to the dorm, I could hear Jun hyung asking me to enter at my own risk? Why? I looked over my shoulder to find Jun hyung looking a bit sorry for me. Hmmm.... 

It didn't take too long until I reached the dorm, I had long legs and I was fast at running too so it was easy for me. I brought out my key but I was startled when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Jun hyung looking out of breath. He looked exhausted, did he follow me all the way here? 

"Hyung! That scared me!" I whined.

"Neve---Nevermind about your jacket.. I'll lend you mine.." He said in between breaths, "Just let them be..." Jun hyung wheezed as he placed his other hand on my shoulder, pushing me away from the door.In the end we watched the movie without Jihoon hyung and Mingyu hyung, knowing Jihoon hyung he must have slept through the whole day while Mingyu would probably be watching television right now. Come to think of it..... Jihoon hyung and Mingyu hyung would always disappear whenever they have the chance. 

It was quite suspicious but I never thought anything of it. Jihoon hyung wasn't the type to go out all the time and as for Mingyu hyung.... well, he always follows Jihoon hyung around. We spent the rest of our day in the park, playing by the sand box and playground. Ah, it was nice to have a leisure day with everyone. We didn't even notice that it was already sundown when we got back to the dorm. Everyone was tired and we barely had enough energy to order food. But I still have a bit of strength left to go to the kitchen to have a glass of water and as I did I saw Jihoon hyung and Mingyu hyung. I felt a sense of happiness as I saw them, I missed them during the day.

"Hyung, you missed out on the fun!" I said as I approached them. I saw them holding cups, I guess they were there to drink water as well.

"Really? Then next time we'll tag along." Mingyu hyung gave his usual smile that showed off his canines.

"And who's fault do you think that is?" I heard Jihoon hyung comment as he gave Mingyu hyung the side eye.

"What? I'm innocent!" Mingyu hyung smirked.

I didn't know what was happening between them but I felt like Mingyu hyung was giving Jihoon hyung a hard time. I always see Jihoon hyung being frustrated about Mingyu hyung and I want to stand up for it. I puffed my cheeks as I grabbed a glass and poured some cold water.

"You know, Mingyu hyung..." I said before taking a gulp, "You should really be nice to Jihoon hyung. He works hard all the time but I always hear him being in pain because of you."

 

I wasn't sure why they choked on their own water and I wasn't really sure why Jihoon hyung started to kick and punch Mingyu hyung. I just said what was on my mind, it was true, I always hear Jihoon hyung sound like he was in pain. Why is Mingyu hyung red? Did I say something wrong?