Work Related Goodbye

Troubled Tonsils - Optional Bias

-- 2 Weeks Later --

A light, cool morning breeze brushed through the curtains and carried them off of the wood floors. Leaning against the counter top, your fingertips slowly trailed across the lip of the glass while your mind slowly moved from one thought to another.

Footsteps slowly cascaded down the stairs, shaking your attention from your thoughts, your eyes glided over to the figure descending. A light blue polo hugged his torso while darker jeans hugged his legs. Looking sharp and professional, you could feel butterflies take flight in your stomach. Yet the butterflies died down once your eyes caught the black gym bag swinging back and forth clutched in his right hand.

Blinking your eyes away from him, you shifted your weight from one foot to the other as your finger moved over the brim of your glass. your lips slowly, you heard the hardwood slowly creak under his weight as he made his way to to the door. Dropping down to one knee, he ped his bag and rifled through the contents a moment before zipping it back up and rising back to his feet.

Standing upright, his eyes focused on the beauty before him, loving how the morning light basked against your perfectly plain skin. Loving how the slight morning breeze gently lifted the ends of your hair and brushed the strands slowly across the nape of your neck. Lowering his eyes to his baby blue button up hanging over your flawless form, a hint of your undergarments could be seen causing blush to coat his cheeks.

Padding into the kitchen, his arm gently wrapped around your hips as he brought his body against yours.

“How do you manage to look so beautiful while doing absolutely nothing?” Your boyfriend’s warm breath brushed over the shell of your ear.

“I think that is the lack of sleep talking” You giggled, moving your hand around and poking his stomach.

“I don’t think that is it” He shook his head lightly slightly nuzzling into you with the sweet action.

“What else could it be?” You leaned your head back, your eyes lifting and scanning his flawless complexion.

“Love” His eyes slowly locked with yours, his free hand gently brushing up the bare skin on your arm.

Slowly lifting his hand up, he cradled your jaw while his thumb slowly brushed over your warm cheek. Moving slightly, he positioned himself to peer into your eyes better, turning you slightly, your chest gently pressed up against his. Pulling you closer to him, his hand rested on the small of your back while his dreamy eyes soothed your racing heart.

Snaking your arms slowly around him, you gripped the soft fabric on either side of him. Lowering your eyes slowly, you rested your head against his shoulder, sliding his hand across your cheek he moved his hand to cradle your head while his body slowly began to sway.

“Are you going to be okay if I leave?” He questioned softly, his fingers tangling in your hair.

“Hopefully…” You whispered back slowly rubbing his back slowly

“I just don’t want to leave to Germany if you still need me” He pulled away and tipped your chin to look up at him.

“You need to go, besides you nursed me back to health.” You gave him a reassuring smile, “I have the doctor’s number if I get a sore throat and I will keep you in the loop as much as I can.”

“Make sure you take your medicines and don’t sleep on the couch too much” He chuckled lightly, his fingertips tucking some fallen hairs behind your ear.

“Why not? The bed is so big when you are gone” You pouted cutely

“I left some of my hoodies and shirts for you, but please try and sleep in the bed, you stinker” He teased, his fingers gently running along your sides earning a giggle from you.

“What if I don’t want to?” You looked up at him with mysterious eyes

“Then maybe someone will have to pay a visit” He rose one of his eye brows as you pushed yourself slightly away from him.

“Who’s that?” You questioned, without saying another word, his fingers worked quickly and ran up and down your sides hitting all of your ticklish spots in one foul swoop.

Your knees buckled as his encompassing arms brought you back against him and away from the island as his hands continued their playful attack. Gripping onto his strong arms, you tried to wiggle out of his strong hold, yet he just kept you against him until you were struggling for a breath.

Lifting you up onto the counter top, he steadied you with his hands resting on your hips. Taking in deep breaths, your arms wrapped around his shoulders and your fingers slowly combed across the back of his hair.

“Do you really have to go?” You mumbled against his freshly washed and styled hair.

“I do, I’m sorry” He whispered before pressing a soft and loving kiss against your soft skin.

“Come back as soon as you can then” You whispered pressing a soft kiss against his exposed forehead

“I will, you be good” Pulling back, his eyes lifted to yours as you nodded softly

“I promise” You whispered, nodding your head in reassurance.

“That’s my girl” Tilting his head slightly to one side, you picked up on the cue and tilted your head to the other side. Pulling your hips closer to the edge of the counter, he brought his lips against yours. Feeling his lips touch yours sparks lit happily around you as you moved your legs around his hips.

A soft hum vibrated your conjoined lips as his fingers spread out across your back, trying to pull one another closer, the kiss was slow yet passionate and heated while each of you tried to take in every stimulating touch.

Pulling slowly away from the kiss, the hot breath from the two of you flooded over one another as his forehead gently rested against yours.

“Hold that thought until I get back” He whispered softly as he pressed a soft yet short kiss on your pair of lips.

“Yes, sir” You saluted him playfully as his eyes traveled over your face once more before his touch slowly faded from you.

His arms retracted from you as he walked through the kitchen to the front door. Slipping on his shoes, he leaned down and picked up the duffle bag and a jacket that he was going to take with him.

Patting his pockets, he made sure that he got his wallet and keys as well as his passport before his eyes met with yours again. “I love you”

“I love you too” You whispered back, your hands gripping the edge of the counter top while the churning in your stomach began to make you sick of goodbyes.

Kissing the tip of his fingers, he blew the kiss towards you. Catching it, you blew one back to him, catching it and locking it up with a smile he headed out the door. Waving and smiling at him, you stayed put on the counter while you watched his figure move through the entry and out the doorway. The echoing of the door closing resonated through the now lonely apartment.

The once fluttering feeling of your heart turned into an ache as his touches still felt warm and fresh across your skin. Picking up your glass, you sipped your morning drink for a moment or two before jumping off of the counter and placing your glass in the sink. Heading upstairs, you moseyed into your closet, your eyes traveled across his side of the closet, seeing the empty hangers, you sighed softly before pulling a pair of tighter jeans from the shelves between the two sides of your closet.

Slipping your legs through the pants, you wiggled your hips until the jeans sat where you would like them to. Bringing your fingers up across the pearl button up, your eyes dropped down, with his scent still dabbled over the shirt, you twitched your lips from one side to the other.

Pulling a light tank top from a hanger, you ed his shirt and slipped the tank top under the button up. Re-buttoning up the shirt, you left the bottom two buttons undone, tying the bottom lightly you turned and looked at yourself in the mirror on the back of the door.

“That’s cute” You mumbled to yourself before opening up the door and heading out to the bathroom to finish your morning routine just before you had to leave for work.