Recovery At Home

Troubled Tonsils - Optional Bias

Sitting there quietly, you watched you boyfriend’s car come into view. The nurse pushed you to the curb as your boyfriend parked his car and opened the passenger door for you. Both of them helped you into the car, your boyfriend buckled you into the seat as he thanked the nurse and then headed back inside as your boyfriend moved behind the wheel.

“Ready?” Your boyfriend questioned as his hand gently rested over yours. Nodding your head, you waved to the nurse before they headed back inside with the emptied chair.

Pulling away from the hospital, the two of you headed back to your small apartment. Keeping your eyes closed for most of the ride, you soaked in your boyfriend’s soft and slow touches while he drove with his other hand securely on the wheel.

Rolling into the garage, your boyfriend pulled in slowly and twisted the key back as the engine stopped. Unbuckling himself, he opened his door and slowly untangled his hand from yours, walking around the car, he opened your door and helped you out. Wrapping his arm around your waist, he slowly walked with you into the apartment, making sure to hold the doors open for you, he brought you upstairs and set you down on the bed.

“How’s that?” He questioned as you rested on the edge of the bed, slowly waiting for the room to stop spinning.

“Good, just give me a moment” You whispered softly.

“Of course, I’m going to go get some water for you and the medicines for tonight if you need. Do you need anything?” He questioned as he rubbed your leg slowly.

“I’m good for right now” You whispered as you slowly started to lean back.

Your boyfriend helped you lay back, positioned the pillows behind your head, placing a light blanket over your figure, he a soft lamp as your eyes slowly started to close.

“I’ll be right back” He pressed his lips against your forehead before he left the room to grab a few things for the night.

Coming back up to you, he rounded the corner and peered in to see you fast asleep on the bed. Stopping for a moment, he smiled and felt his heart swell at the sight of you sleeping. Padding into the room, he placed the medicines and water on the bedside table next to you.

Checking up on you, he pushed some fallen hairs away from your eyes before he headed into the conjoined bathroom to get ready for the upcoming night. Turning off all of the other lights, he carefully exchanged your jeans to shorts for the night and tied back your hair just in case before crawling into bed next to you.

Turning on the television, he kept the audio volume low wanting you to sleep, choosing a movie on Netflix, he watched as you rolled over and curled next to him. With your head on his chest, he watched your arms wrap around him and your sleeping form get cozy next to him. Adjusting the blanket slightly on you and him, he rested his hand on your back to feel your breathing.

Hours ticked by as you continued to sleep soundly next to him, brushing his fingertips along your skin, he continued to watch over you the entire night making sure that you weren’t in pain and that you could get a good night’s sleep.

The lonely dark hours of night turned into a hopeful dawn as your boyfriend’s eyes slipped closed. Whining softly in pain, you stirred in his secure arms waking him up.

“What do you need?” He mumbled in his deep morning voice, his eyes opening and focusing down on you.

Grasping the fabric of his shirt in your hand, you pulled him closer as he knew that you were in pain. Whispering softly to you, he rolled over and got a pain pill for you and some water

“Open” He whispered as you did as you were told, opening your mouth the widest you could, you felt the chalky pill fall onto your tongue before a straw was placed between your lips.

Gulping down the water and the pill, you whined in pain and held him close as the pill scraped down your throat. Pulling yourself closer to him, he placed the water back on the table and kissed your head.

Watching the show that was playing, your boyfriend laid back and rubbed your back slowly. Your legs tangled with his as he continuously held you. Falling asleep in his arms once again, he rested his head against yours and closed his eyes falling in love with you more and more. Happy to be taking care of the one he loves, honored to feel needed and helping you feel safe and recover.