A Day Before D-Day!

Undesirably Attractive (on HIATUS)

Today’s the last day rehearsal for the JYP Nation concert in Seoul. It’s been a week since the hangout session with Got7 members. The moment they left together to go home on their own dorms, Jimin did not realized that she was so tired from her crazy dancing that she fallen asleep on the van. It seems also Got7 are very thoughtful that time because they are incredibly silent on their way home. She was seated in the front seat of the van while the rest of the members are in the back. They are casually talking about the mix and match stages for the upcoming JYP nation concert when she can’t take her sleepiness anymore and just doze a bit. She was awoken through a gently shake on her shoulder by Jaebum.

What’s embarrassing on her part is that most members except Jackson, who was sleeping at the back, are all watching her reactions. She was so afraid to know how she looked while asleep. Well, Yerin always mentioned to her before that she drool sometimes and she even open while sleeping. She hopes she did not do any of those things.

“You look cute when you sleep” she remembered Jaebum whispered to her ear when he noticed that she looked flustered with them staring at her.

“Don’t worry you look good while sleeping” Jinyoung said knowing her worries.

“I took some pictures though for future reference” that was from Bambam.

“But you snore…” of course it was from Yugyeom.

With Bambam nodding to what Yugyeom’s comment, “Snore a lot.”

And both of them laugh like it was very hilarious of her snoring.

The two maknae lines can be scheming brat sometimes. She got used to it but they always love to banter every now and then.

He gave them a fierce look “I hate you both,” she said facing Yugyeom and Bambam while buckling off her seat belt. “Anyway, thanks for the ride. Annyeong Oppas!” she waved.

 Currently all artists are in stadium for the overall rehearsal.  She’s going to perform no solo yet but she’ll have a duet stages with Ayeon Unnie and Taecyeon Oppa and also another mix and match with some JYP idols. She’s been away for two episodes in ASC just to practice the whole routine. Also, it’s because of her upcoming comeback preparations.

She always hangout with her fellow soloist Ayeon Unnie and some JYP sunbaenim since she’s not really that close friend with their popular girl group Twice. Well, they great each other and do chitchat sometimes but not to the point of hanging out together. They seem so busy with their schedules and they have their own circle that she felt left out mostly. It’s all maybe because she’s a sunbaenim to them despite they were almost the same age.

“Mix and Match Stage 10.” The concert director announced from the megaphone.

It is Jimin, Twice’s Nayeon and Jihyo and Wonder Girl’s Yenny collaboration stage for Bang Bang Bang. They all went up to the middle of the stage for the formation.

“Jimin you go to the first platform stage for the opening, then Jihyo to the…”

As the director is furnishing their performance, the rest of the artists are waiting for their terms. Some are practicing behind the stage.

“Okay good. Next stage…” the director dismissed them.

She sits back in her sitting area with the Baek Ayeon her fellow JYP solo artist and also from Kpop Star just like her. Since they are just the two female soloists here (even though she’s in a group named 15& but her duo mate Yerin can’t participate the event), which most of the artists are either has their own groups to fit in. They have two stages together so, they just stick together.

“Jimin-ah, let’s eat after this. My threat.” Miss A’s Min called her from behind.

She’s ready to politely decline it but she saw JYP Pd-nim is also there listening to the conversation.

 “Count me in too!” Wonder Girl’s Lim said.

“Ok… I’ll tell my manager first.” That’s the safest answer she can response. She’s prohibited to eat any food that’s not on her diet list. With her upcoming solo and the concert she needs to control herself in eating.

“No need to tell your manager Jimin, I’ll call him myself. You’ve been through a lot and I can see how you work hard for your new figure.” JYP Pd-nim approached them over hearing their conversation.

Well, that’s a big consolation for her part. The Pd-nim itself will talk to his manager!

“Thank you Pd-nim.” She smiled brightly this time. Feels like new again.

 


“Everyone! Good luck for tomorrow we can all rest now!” The concert director announced at last.

As they all bid their goodbyes and ready to left the concert hall, her phone rings. It is from her manager.

“Hello. Manager Oppa?”

“Jiminie, the Pd-nim called me that you will hanging out with some Wonder Girls member.  He said that you can lessen your diet but I suggest you will still look for your food. You’re comeback is coming this end of the month. We can’t take anything for granted now.”

“Of course Oppa, I will look for my food. I will not order any fatty foods and I’ll watch my calories intakes.”

“Good, good. Anyway, I can’t come to the dorm early. All managers will be having a meeting tonight. I might be late; you can just ask your PA if you need anything.”

Her PA or Personal Assistant is like her manager’s partner when her manager’s not around. But the Unnie which is her PA is not really her own PA, its Yerin’s PA. Since Yerin is not in the country the management put her as her PA for awhile. Yerin and her shared the same manager as 15& but since they are not working as duo (for the mean time) the management give Yerin a PA to help her with her  personal schedules, while she sometimes take the manager with her or the vice versa.

It’s not that she doesn’t like the PA, but she think they don’t just click together. She noticed that she favors Yerin a lot and she also think that she finds her annoying when she usually jokes around. Good thing is the PA doesn’t live with them but rather on different floor in the same building together with the other JYP staffs.

“It’s okay Oppa, I’m tagging along with Min and Lim Unnie, and they can just drop me off to the dorm.”

“Good, ok. I’ll be going now. Just text me if you got in the dorm or in your destinations. Have a safe ride. Bye.”

She turn-off her phone and went to the Wonder Girls dressing room. Min already mention to her that she will be the in the Wonder Girls dressing room.

“Unnie’s let’s go?” she called from the door.

She saw all the Wonder Girls' Members in the room with their Personal Assistants but what she did not expect is to see Miss A’s Fei and Ayeon’s are in the room, too. Miss A members and the solo’s which is consists with Jimin and Baek Ayeon are sharing the same dressing room.

“Sure, sure let’s go!” Min called from the changing room.

“Manager’s not coming around with us, I’ll drive!” Lim happily announced.

“Watch out to Lim’s driving skills, you might be shock!” Yenny join the conversation.

“Don’t worry I pass the international driving exam with flying colors.”

“Really? That’s why I never saw you drive, huh?” Yubin teased.

“Never mind them, let’s go! I’m starving! Do you girls wanna come with us?” Min broke their taunting.

“Nah, I’ll passed I have some things to be done.” Ayeon decline.

“I’ll be meeting a friend tonight, so thanks.” Yubin also refused.


It was past eight in the evening when they left the Chinese restaurant that they have eaten. As promised they drop Jimin to her dorm’s building.  She’s used to going home alone, so the silence doesn’t really bother her when she opens the door.  Their dorm has three rooms; one is occupied by their manager and two of which are for Jimin and Yerin’s room, with an individual bathroom. They have one public bathroom which usually used by their manager or sometimes if they have a guest.  As what there co JYP artists always said, they got one of the best dorms in JYP. The room is personally modified by their parents, of course.

As she was changing in her room, she decided to put some pain relief patches on her aching back and neck. It was her kind of remedy when she’s having muscle pain, instead of drinking pain reliever medicine she just put menthol pain reliever patches. But as she check the medicine cabinet in the public bathroom, there’s no more supply left. Maybe the staffs who regularly put the medicinal stock on their dorm have forgotten to put some of her menthol patches.

The problem is she can’t properly sleep without those patches. Debating with herself whether she should just gone to the nearest drug store or she should just call her manager to buy it for her. The PA is not an option for her; she doesn’t want to see that woman for now. It’s late and she doesn’t want to disturb her. Her manager might come home midnight and she can’t wait that long. She’s sleepy and tired and her muscles are aching and she badly needed her patches. There’s a 24 hours open drug store not far from her dorm.

Grabbing her hoodie and putting her sneakers on, she left the dorm. While walking, she texted her manager.

J: There’s no more pain relief patches in the medicine cabinet. I’m going to buy some.

M: You can just ask your PA to buy it for you but if you’re already there then just be careful with those fans.

J: Ha-ha, oppa no fans can recognize me. They don’t know where my dorm at is and I don’t think any of the drug store employee knows me. By the way I’m already here.

As she entered the store, she doesn’t consider any possibility of any fans or anyone to recognize her. There was an elder woman in the counter probably the manager then there are two women probably mid 20s taking some orders from the buyers. But what surprised her is that there are many teen buyers in the store. More or less 6 young girls are buying something she’s not familiar with. It is hidden in a brown paper bag rather than the usual plastic bag which was given to the customers.

Well, it’s not her business and she has something to buy too.

She approached one of the women to ask her what she needs. Rather than being approachable to the customer the woman is as stiffed as she gives her orders. Some of the young customers has look at her then hide their faces through their hair.

“What a weird” she thought.

She left the store as soon as she got her orders. Those people are creeping her out! She give one last look to the close door of the store, to see if any of the young customer has gone out and she’s not mistaken! She saw two girls with their phones out staring blankly at her.

 She ignored them and just walk quickly back to her dorm.

She texted her manager that she’s safely home and not mentioning those weird people on the drug store.