004

Romance vs Bromance

Kikwang’s POV

“Ahh finally I can get some rest!”

“Ya where have you been for so long?” Doojoon hyung asked.

“Ahh I was just playing basketball with a friend that I met today!”

“Friend? We only went to the dance studio and home today, where you meet a new friend?”

Before I could answer hyung’s question he blurted out.

“YA don’t tell me it’s the girl that we met at the lobby today?!”

“Nae hyung she’s my new friend, and our new neighbor! She lives just above us.”

“Oh my gosh Lee Kikwang! I can’t believe you actually made friends with such a stuck up girl like her!”

“AIyee hyung! She’s not as bad as you think she is! She’s quite friendly and cute actually once you get to know her. Maybe it’s because of the way you spoke to her, that’s why she is mean towards you.”

“YA LEE KIKWANG I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU ARE SPEAKING UP FOR HER. Did she cast a spell on you?!”

Laughing at hyung’s childishness, I said “Hyung you know I still love you the most!” with a cute face.

“Aish stop that face! Let’s sleep.”

“Nae, jalja woori hyung!” and I drifted off to sleep.

 

~the next day~

Your POV
“Ahhh such a great night sleep! It’s time for breakfast!!”

You decided to head down to the nearby café for breakfast, and then explore more of the neighbourhood after that, to familiarize yourself before school starts.

After washing up and getting dressed, you headed down to the café.

“One green tea latte and one sandwich please.” you ordered.

Just after placing your order, you heard someone call your name, and you turn around to see Kikwang together with the cocky guy from yesterday.

Kikwang was gesturing you to head over to sit with them, while the other guy was just sitting at the table playing with his phone.

“Annyeong haeun-ah!” Gikwang greeted you with a bright smile on his face, putting a smile on your face too.

“Good morning Gikwang hyung! Kekeke.”

“Mwo hyung? Aren’t you a girl?” the cocky guy asked. Seems like he’s in a better mood today.

Just then your buzzer vibrated, indicating that your food is ready.

“I’ll take it for you, you can explain to Doojoon hyung the reason kekeke.” Gikwang offered.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Haeun.” Since he seems like he’s in a better mood than yesterday, you decided to be friendlier towards him.

“Annyeong, I’m Doojoon.” he replied.

“The reason why I call Gikwang hyung instead of oppa is because he seems more like a hyung to me instead of a oppa after playing basketball together yesterday.” you explained.

“That’s a new. Usually girls are fighting to call Gikwang oppa.” Doojoon said.

“Jinjja? Ohwells, given his friendliness and his handsome face, it’s no surprise that girls are fighting to call him oppa kekeke.”

“I hear compliments about me!” Gikwang returned with your food.

“Here comes the showing off again..”

“Wae hyung, you’re jealous? That’s why I always tell you, put a smile on your face instead of frowning all the time!”

“Well that I must agree, Doojoon-sshi you shouldn’t be frowning all the time kekeke” you added, while Doojoon just rolled his eyes.

“Haeun-ah, what are you going to do today?”

“I’m just going to take a walk around the neighborhood to familiarize myself before school starts!”

“Ahh I see, which school are you studying in?”

“Seoul University! That’s the reason why I moved here, because it’s near.”

“JINJJA?! That makes you our junior then! Me and hyung studies there too! Doojoon hyung! Since we have nothing much to do today, why not we show Haeun around??”

“Whatever, I’m just gonna follow along since I don’t wanna be bored at home.”

“Gomawo Gikwang hyung!”

After finishing your breakfast, Gikwang started to bring you around the neighbourhood, recommending to you the nice restaurants around, while Doojoon just trailed behind.

“Wah hyung, I can see that you really love to eat! Is there a single restaurant that you haven’t tried in the area?!”

“Ahh actually I’m not the one that loves to eat over here. Sometimes I’ll just eat chicken to maintain my figure. Our real food guru is actually Doojoon hyung, he will never say no to food!”

“Yaya I can hear you from here!” Doojoon said, while you and Gikwang exchanged eye contact and laughed.

“Speaking about food, can we have lunch already? I’m hungry and its lunch time! We’ve been walking for the whole morning!” Doojoon said.

“Nae Doojoon-sshi, why not you recommend a restaurant, and let’s go there for lunch!”

“I’m craving for tteokbokki, let’s go!”

It’s the first time you see Doojoon smile so brightly. Seems like food is the only thing that makes him happy?