Microcosm IV - Dead Bite

Full Spectrum [Color Palette]


Baekhyun's absent hums traveled through the air as he maundered around the rooftop.
“Good night, sleep tight...”




"I swear to god, he's just nine! Park Kyung, if you involve him in any more bull, I'll kick you out!"
"I'm your best hacker though."
"You're our only hacker."
"See?"
Baekhyun pouted, fidgeting in his spot. He didn't look very remorseful, just like his closest brother Kyung.
"We didn't get caught though!" he protested childishly and yelped when he was lightly whacked over the head.
"Cause Ju saved your ! Brats. You're gonna be the death of us." Jiho replied with a resigned sigh. He wasn't the leader of their union - or street gang, as the news called them - but seeing as Taeil was often busy with his own schemes, he'd quickly taken his place in public.

Baekhyun wasn't too worried. He wore a tattoo. A simple, black 'B' at the side of his neck, telling everyone not to mess with him in a world where not belonging to a union equaled being fresh meat.
"Kyungie, Baekkie. Up to no good again?"
"Yukwon!" Baekhyun exclaimed, the scolding already forgotten as he looked up at his favorite brother lounging on the upper level, leaning over the railing.
"You good?" Jiho asked in slight worry and the blond nodded with a placating smile.
"What did you take?" Baekhyun asked eagerly.
"Still too young, hun."
"Tss. I'll find you in the newspaper!" he announced stubbornly. Sleek cat-burglar Yukwon. If he grew up, he wanted to be cool like him.
"Oh, you can read?"
"Haha." he pouted with a miffed expression. Yukwon only grinned teasingly before calling out to Kyung.
"Who's in charge of dinner?"
"Sohee, I think?"
Yukwon made a grimace.
"We're doomed, then."
"I heard that, ."
With a high-pitched squeal, Baekhyun scurried away with Kyung, escaping the wrath of his sister.

Baekhyun's mother had been kind of a . It was a fact. The tattoo had barely healed when she left behind nothing but an unwanted baby.
Still, Baekhyun had always considered himself a lucky person with all his brothers and sisters.
It wasn't B for Baekhyun but Byun Baekhyun for Block B.
His home, his family.

Luck came to an end when newcomer '2-1' appeared out of nowhere, brutally conquering most of the city. Submit or face the consequences.
Baekhyun was 13 when they returned to a burning club house. When they'd pushed their most precious belongings -three syringes- into his hands and sent him away. He protested until Taeil harshly grabbed his shoulders, telling him the union was dispersed as of now.

Kyung's last words were slightly shaky but piercing nonetheless.
"You'll make it. After all, you're fearless, right?"
 




Today, there was nothing left of it.
He reminisced about his family with an unreadable expression, a mild smile not quite reaching his eyes as he thumbed his spotless, white neck.
"Good night, sleep tight..."
The empty gasoline canister met the roof with a dull thud.
"...don't let the dead bite."

 


 

Look at aaall the idols I love! :D
Jucy and Say are from the girl group evoL (who have disbanded, sadly), while the others are Block B members, obviously. I think we all know Taeyeon by now.

Writing this was very fun, and I could've delved into it far deeper, but the world limit kept me at bay.

Love,
Sugar-and-Salt ♥︎