Sequel

What is the chance in Heaven?

Warning: Short and angsty? I'm sorry in advance ._.

Sentences in italics are flashbacks

 

 

Of all people in this entire world, it has to be Park Chanyeol?

 

Park Chanyeol as in the Chanyeol who was Byun Baekhyun’s every first. First crush, first bestfriend, first dance, first kiss, almost all the first time in Byun Baekhyun’s life. But guess what? He wasn’t Baekhyun’s first boyfriend. He hated him so much. Hate is even an understatement. That handsome giant doesn’t deserve any forgiveness at all.

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The two were like North and South or Up and Down because they always come together. The inseparable duo, people liked to call. Laughter and flushed faces always fill the streets and hallways as the two pass by. Baekhyun’s life was perfect in capital and bold letters−until the giant disappeared without a word.

 

It was during their graduation when Park Chanyeol dragged a smiling yet crying Baekhyun out from everyone’s sight. Baekhyun had asked a muffled ‘where are we going’ but the latter choose not to answer. Chanyeol released Baekhyun’s hands once they enter the school’s rooftop. Both were out of breath due to the sudden sprint. The soft wind brushed their matching brown locks as Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun to his embrace.

“Baek, I’m going to…” Chanyeol had stop mid-sentence. Baekhyun tried to break the hug but Chanyeol just pulled him tighter. “What is it Yeol? Hmm?” Baekhyun urged but Chanyeol had change the subject and uttered an “I’m so happy we finally graduated, Baek.”

That was the last conversation they had when Baekhyun heard from his mother that Mrs. Park together with her son sold their house and left the neighborhood.

 

 

 

One heartbeat later, Baekhyun had scampered away from the source of his discomfort. He knows that the giant wouldn't catch him so he turned to his side. “Stop running away from me, Baek!” A booming voice had commanded  as two large hands engulf his slender waist . Baekhyun tried to squirm away from his hold. He knows then again that he’s stronger than Chanyeol so he wasn’t able to escape. “Will you listen to me!?” Baekhyun’s body has stopped resisting as he heard that familiar tone on Chanyeol.

 

A sob was heard. Chanyeol immediately released his firm hold on him and searched through his eyes.

 

“Aren’t you tired of this game, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun’s voice cracked. “Stop making me believe in you. Stop making me assume things between us!  I’m tired, Yeol. My heart’s tired.” Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun to his embrace just like the old times. Baekhyun had missed that touch for almost 4 years. He always feels safe and secured whenever his bestfriend hug him like this. But it’s different now. He was about to push Chanyeol away when the latter had said, “I left because of mom, Baek.”

 

 

 

 

“Tell me the truth Chanyeol, are you…are you g-gay?” Mrs. Park had gain the courage to ask after all the evidences she got from her son. She doesn’t want to think of it at all but all she could see were loving stares and affectionate touches whenever his son and Baekhyun are together. Chanyeol looked at her with dreadful eyes and slowly nod his head. He wanted to explain to his mother that he didn’t mean to but his lips were trembling and he can’t even utter a word. Mrs. Park kneeled as she wiped her tears away. “A-are you gonna l-leave me like you what your father did, Chanyeol!?” Chanyeol felt the stab on his chest as he saw her mother breakdown because of him. He really tried to stop his feelings. He knows his mother loathe homouals like his father after he left his wife for his lover. He even despises that guy but then here he was−just like his father.

Chanyeol had promised her that he’ll change and convinced himself that he can forget his feelings for Baekhyun. From then on, he started avoiding his bestfriend. He makes sure not to do any intimate contact with him. Baekhyun was clueless about Chanyeol’s situation so he keeps on asking him what happened or did he do anything wrong for Chanyeol to avoid him. The giant keeps on pushing him away, telling him excuses just to distance himself.

 

Chanyeol had lost all his self-restraint. On the day when Baekhyun had cornered him, cried and begged for his bestfriend to comeback−he made the greatest mistake of his life. He had wiped Baekhyun’s tears away as emotions flow unto him and forced him to lean down and close the distance between them. Baekhyun had stop crying as soft lips captured his. He was about to respond to the kiss when Chanyeol gained his senses and pushed him away, making the situation a lot more difficult to undesrtand.

Park Chanyeol was the worst son ever. He kept his unlabeled relationship with Baekhyun hidden from his mother. They remained as friends who stole kisses and held hands when no one's looking. Happiness and guilt never come together−but that’s how Chanyeol’s life was.

He was so keen in hiding that Mrs. Park never doubt of him again. But not until when Mrs. Park went to see Mrs. Byun on her house to return the money she had borrowed only to see Baekhyun with Chanyeol in tow on the door. Baekhyun had smiled politely, a faint blush on his cheeks as he greeted her. Chanyeol stayed unmoving. He lied to his mother and told her that he’ll be making his project out with his other friends. Baekhyun shifted his eyes from Chanyeol to his mother and felt the tension between them. Mrs. Byun came into the picture and greeted Mrs. Park, told her to stay for a while to have dinner with them. Mrs. Park only bowed her head and grabbed Chanyeol away. Chanyeol restrained himself from crying until they reach their house.

 

That was when Mrs. Park had decided that after their graduation, she will leave the neighborhood and bring Chanyeol away from Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

Chanyeol had explained it all to Baekhyun. He cried as he recall all the fights he and his mother had. Baekhyun hugged him tighter this time not knowing all this burden Chanyeol has been hiding for years. He felt ashamed for being too selfish and not hearing Chanyeol at first. When he heard that Chanyeol was back, he immediately said yes to Sehun who was currently courting him at that time. He was so insecure of the thought that maybe, Chanyeol had found a lover while he was away from the country. Chanyeol has been following him at the university since he had chosen to take the same course as him. Chanyeol was back being a freshman while Baekhyun was at his last year at the university. He always shut Chanyeol away. Because how dare he? He left Baekhyun without a word at all and now he’s back as if nothing had happened and annoy him to no end?

But feelings never fade so easily especially to the one’s you’ve loved the most. Baekhyun’s wall was slowly being crashed down by a giant softie and he can’t help but fall in love all over again. He was scared that maybe he was being tricked, lead on, and then left hanging all over again. But as he heard all of Chanyeol’s explanation, love came back to him like a whirlwind.

 

“I love you so much, Baek. I love you. I love you. I love yhmmmph−“ Baekhyun had waited long enough to taste those sweet lips yet again that’s why he pulled him down to claim what has always been his. Tears and smiles in between kisses, love surely is painful yet beautiful in its own way.  

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol brought Baekhyun to see his mother. Baekhyun was fidgeting in his boyfriend’s hold as they walk closer and closer to her. One hand holding the roses and the other holding the hand of the person who gives him strength to finally face her again. The two halted to a stop on a well cleaned tomb. Baekhyun put down the roses beside Mrs.Park's grave. Chanyeol pat his shoulders and kissed his forhead, urging him to talk to her.

 

“Mrs. Park I’m so sorry for stealing your son’s heart. I’m sorry for loving him, but I will never stop loving this handsome and caring son of yours. Thank you for giving birth to the man who will complete and love me wholeheartedly. Thank you for raising him and taking care of him. I hope you’ll accept us−accept our love for each other. I know your listening there so please be happy because you deserve all the happiness in the world, ma’am. Please don’t ever doubt your son’s love for you. T-thank you again.” Baekhyun broke into tears while hearing his boyfriend’s muffled sobs.

 

Mrs. Park had smiled from the other side of the world.

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol had found their way on each other after all those who come in between. That, changed their lives completely in a much better form of pure happiness and true love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Short but I hope it'll satisfy the readers who requested for a sequel (TT) If your asking me how it turned into angst (or is it even?), THAT I DON'T KNOW. I feel like this sequel isn't even a sequel but another drabble with vague sequence of events. I'm so sorry OTL