[P] Chapter II (PART 2)

[P] Office Romance (by Silver_Light)

“Please stop!” Taeyeon covered her tomato red face in embarrassment.

“Oh,” Baekhyun paused. “You must be cold in that.” grabbing his coat from the back seat, Baekhyun threw it at Taeyeon.

“Wear this. We wouldn’t want you to catch a cold now, would we?” he smiled. Taeyeon held his coat in her hand and observed it.

“Wear it, pabo,” Baekhyun spoke a bit impatiently. She turned towards him and shot him a perplexed look. “Wear it, or you’ll get a cold.”

“Oh okay…” Taeyeon nodded her head and wore the coat as commanded. She carefully covered her front with the coat, not wanting to embarrass herself any further.

“Let’s stop at the coffee shop, eh?” Baekhyun suddenly suggested and Taeyeon blinked. “Well I don’t know about you, but I’m freezing and a cup of coffee will help, don’t ‘cha agree?”

She opened to say something but she couldn’t think of something to reply with, so she closed it immediately. Her boss; Baekhyun’s actions were very strange and she didn’t know what to make out of them. He was the exact opposite of what he acted like in the office. It was the first time she was seeing his ‘childish side’ if she must put it into words.

“Hellloooooo~?” Baekhyun waved his hand over Taeyeon’s face. Blinking twice, she snapped out of her trains.

“YES?” She accidentally spoke a little louder than she had wanted to.

“Sheesh, No need to yell woman,” Baekhyun put his hands over his ears, “You’re gonna destroy my eardrums,” he added, annoyed.

“Sorry. I wasn’t paying attention sir,” She quickly explained. “Sir-?” Baekhyun didn’t reply.


Baekhyun stopped the car in front of the coffee shop and faced her, “I thought I told you to call me Baekhyun. That’s an order young lady.” Baekhyun looked at her with an undefinable expression. ‘Dark’ in Taeyeon’s opinion.

She swallowed her saliva, “Oh sorry sir- Baekhyun.” She waited for his reply.

“Say, what coffee would you like?” He asked her with sparkly eyes instead as he killed the engine and took off his seat belt. “Latte, Mocha, Cappuccino, Espresso? Or would you like an Americano?”

She was speechless for quite a few minutes. Was this man in front of her by any chance, bi-polar? Because he sure acted like one. Dark and mysterious one moment and Childish and cute the other?

“Latte please?” Taeyeon tried giving her best smile.

“Aw. Okay. Give me a moment.” he was about to open his door when Taeyeon stopped him. He turned around and creased his brows.

“Shouldn’t I come with you?” she asked curiously. He placed his hand over hers and gently removed it.

“As much as I’d like that, I’m afraid you can’t come with me looking like that.” he pointed at her. “Huh?”

“I wouldn’t want other men to stare at your wet skirt, eh?” he smirked and Taeyeon’s smile immediately faded, and quickly retreated her hand. Faking a cough, she turned her face the other way. She didn’t want Baekhyun to see her red face. She didn’t know what to make out of his actions and words. If she didn’t know any better, she’d say that he was hitting on her. But she was too dense to think that. Patting her cheeks, she blew a raspberry. She heard Baekhyun chuckle before he got out of the car. She sighed.

 


Why was she so self-conscious today? Why was she letting Baekhyun’s words go inside her head? He was definitely messing with her.

‘Maybe he thinks that I’m an easy woman?’ she gasped.

‘Is he perhaps? Oh no. Mr. Byun is a nice guy. He is, isn’t he?’

She ruffled her hair, annoyed. She looked down and noticed Baekhyun’s coat. She leaned her head a bit, and God knows why, inhaled the scent that it possessed.

It smelt like chocolate and soap. ‘Did he use chocolate scented soap?’ She shook her head violently, irritated at her own actions. What was she even doing? Taeyeon glanced at her watch, it was bloody 12 AM, for God’s sake. She should’ve been at her small yet cozy apartment by this time, lying on her comfy bed, reading fan fictions like she always did when she couldn’t sleep.

She was messing with the buttons of Baekhyun’s coat when Baekhyun opened the door to the driver's seat and got inside. “Omo! You’re dripping wet.” She yelped.

“I am, am I not?” Laughing a mesmerizing laugh, he handed her the paper coffee cup. She took it from his hands and held it tightly.

Taeyeon almost lost it for a moment when a drop of water from his wet hair fell on his nose as Baekhyun sipped his coffee. Almost.

She gulped and forced her gaze away, away from his wet shirt where the outline of his muscles and abs were becoming visible. She was trying really hard not to stare at his wet shirt which was gripping tightly to his biceps. But of course, she was failing miserably. Baekhyun cleared his throat and she finally tore her gaze away from his torso and onto his face, oh his face. She didn’t know why was she suddenly attracted to him. He was the same y and short tempered boss she was working with this morning, wasn’t he?

“Uh Taeyeon-shii…” Baekhyun suddenly spoke and Taeyeon broke out of her trance. “Yes?” she asked. Baekhyun’s face was now a bit gloomy, she noticed. “What’s the matter?” she asked carefully.

“You live in Hongdae, right?”

She nodded her head almost immediately. “Yes. What about it?”

“Uh…” Baekhyun trailed off not quite sure how to continue. “Is there something wrong?” Baekhyun instead of speaking, took out his phone, after a few swipes on it. He handed her the phone, “Take a look.”

A gasp escaped her lips when she read the article on his phone.


A huge storm had taken place and all roads were temporarily closed. She was currently in the other part of Seoul with Baekhyun and there was no way for her to go to her home now. There were no hotels in sight. This was a bad day for her after all.

She groaned, running a hand through her platinum hair in frustration.

“What am I even going to do now!?” She half-screamed. Baekhyun himself was confused. As if something clicked inside him, he snapped his fingers, “Aha!”

Taeyeon turned to face him and squinted her eyes.

“I own an apartment near here. You can stay there! It’s near this place anyways.”

Baekhyun was proud of his quick thinking and Taeyeon on the other hand, she wanted to hit this immature guy in front of her.

“You can stay the night with me!” He added.

“EEEHHH!!!??” she shrieked.