[P] Chapter I (PART 1)

[P] Office Romance (by Silver_Light)

“Where were you?” a loud voice sounded in the luxurious room when the blonde-haired woman entered, the clicking of her heels could be heard. She flinched at the loud voice.

“I said where were you and why the heck are you so late!?” he roared.

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Byun. I apologise, Mr. Chanyeol called me. He said it was urgent. It won't happen again sir.” the secretary bowed. He stood up from his seat and walked towards Taeyeon.

 

“Are you Chanyeol’s secretary or mine!?” Baekhyun shouted and Taeyeon balked. When she didn't reply, “I asked you something!” he yelled once more, as he took a step closer to her. Instinctively, Taeyeon stepped back. Baekhyun lowered his perfect brows and clenched his jaw. Taeyeon hunched her shoulders and tried to understand why her boss was acting this way. “Yours, sir” she gulped because she could barely speak. Baekhyun’s anger was getting worse as time passed by.

 

“What was that? I didn’t hear you,” he grinned slyly as he took a few more steps near his secretary, Taeyeon until her back hit the wall and there was no space for her to move.

 

“I’m yours- I’m your secretary sir,” she stammered.

 

Good,” said Baekhyun's hoarse voice, as he lessened the distance between them, leaving a few mere inches between them.

Reaching out his hand, Baekhyun caressed her cheek in a gentle manner. Taeyeon creased her brows, not fully understanding her boss’ motives.

 

“Keep that in mind, you're mine and only mine,” he cooed as his hand found a lock of Taeyeon’s platinum blond hair. Tugging it behind her ear, “You work for me. Not him.” he winked before leaving Taeyeon there, and towards his desk.

 

“What’s my schedule for today?” he said askingly as he sat down on his big and tall leather chair.


 

“Omo!” yelped Taeyeon when she felt the drops of water falling on her from the sky.

 

‘Rain?…Did it have to be today?’

 

She kicked the tire of her car in frustration. Her car had broken down in the middle of the road and wasn’t starting and that was a big issue for her. The rain was becoming heavier by the moment. And It didn’t help that Taeyeon had no umbrella and she wore a white button-down shirt to work today. There were no cars in sight. It was already very dark. The clouds hung low in the sky, raining upon her. She glanced at her wrist watch. It was almost eleven.

 

She sighed.

 

She pulled out her phone from her purse but was disappointed to see that there were no signals. Taeyeon had a crappy day at work because of her cranky, bi-polar boss and this whole new situation wasn’t exactly working out for her. Taeyeon rubbed her eyes and the nape of her neck. She was about to pull her hair in frustration when a black SUV stopped in front of her. The window to the driver’s seat rolled down to reveal a familiar figure.

 

“Mr. Chanyeol!” she shrieked.


 

Oh, What’re you doing here miss?” Chanyeol spoke in his charming deep voice.

 

“I’m.. uhh…” she trailed off, not sure if she should ask her boss for help.

 

“What happened? If you need a ride… I could.” said Chanyeol, blinking quite a few times.

 

“No- I can- I’ll take care of this myself.” Taeyeon tried refusing at first because of obvious reasons.

 

“Oh please. I insist.

 

Taeyeon pondered at the offer. As soon as she was about to accept his offer, another car stopped behind Chanyeol’s car. She at once, knew who it was. She gulped. Baekhyun got off his white Mercedes-Benz and made his way towards her.

 

“Sir.” her eyes widened.

 

“She’s not going with you, Yeol.” said Baekhyun in a firm tone.

 

“But hyung, why?” Chanyeol tried protesting but one glare from Baekhyun shut him up. Taeyeon looked at Chanyeol then at Baekhyun, she glanced once more at Chanyeol, giving him a small smile. 

 

“She’s coming with me,” commanded Baekhyun as he pulled Taeyeon’s wrist and dragged her towards his car. He opened the door to the passenger’s seat and beckoned her inside. He soon joined her from the driver’s seat. Chanyeol’s car drove away.

 

“Why the heck were you standing there in the rain!?” yelled Baekhyun and Taeyeon tensed at the sudden yelling. What was she supposed to say or do?

 

“I’m sorry sir-“

 

“Stop saying that!” Baekhyun cut her off and she gave him a confused look.

 

“Stop what?”

 

“Stop saying that you're sorry,” said Baekhyun in a low tone this time. He squinted his eyes.

 

“Oh okay…” Taeyeon looked down and away.

 

Baekhyun leaned forward and her eyes widened. “Sir-“ she was about to say something when Baekhyun silenced her, placing his slender fingers on her lips. Taeyeon froze at her spot.

 

It's Baekhyun outside the office for you,” he grinned. She swallowed and looked up through her eyelashes. “Got it?” he asked. Unable to say something, she just nodded.

 

Instead of leaning back, Baekhyun leaned closer once more, this time steadily. Their faces inches apart. Taeyeon could feel Baekhyun’s warm breath on her. She blinked her eyes. Baekhyun looked at Taeyeon’s eyes briefly before his lips. He was about to what he wanted to do ever since he had laid his eyes on the mind-blowing goddess in front of him-

 

“Aaaccchhoooo!” sneezed Taeyeon, causing Baekhyun to move back to his seat awkwardly. “I’m so sorry-“ said Taeyeon, embarrassed.

 

Here,” Baekhyun said as he handed her the box of tissues. “Well that was awkward.” murmured Baekhyun.

 

“What what that sir?” asked Taeyeon curiously.

 

“Nothing, and I thought I told you to call me Baekhyun.” he glared at poor Taeyeon and she shrunk back.

 

“Sorry si- I mean Baekhyun.” as soon as his name came out from , she flushed and a million dollar smile appeared on Baekhyun’s handsome face. Taeyeon thought all the teasing was over but, boy was she wrong.

 

"Sweetheart, you really should do something about that shirt of yours. You know, everything inside is visible." smirked Baekhyun and blood immediately rushed towards Taeyeon's face.

 

"Aw. You're blushing!" added Baekhyun mischievously.

 

"Stop please!" Taeyeon covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.