Minja

Things That Happen At Starbucks

Minja

 

"Whoa!?" The customer jumped up as his drink was quickly presented to him. The new barista, Minji, shot him a quick grin before winking and walking away to do the next order. Baffled, the older man looked quizzically at his drink. He ordered the beverage no more than 30 seconds ago. Looking over the cup and then taking a sip, the man raised a brow and shrugged his shoulders.

Minji smile with satisfaction. Another happy customer by yours truly. Snickering, she was onto her next drink and finished that in an even shorter amount of time.

27 seconds.

You see, Minji took pride in her speed. She was very quick and accurate. Of course, you had to be if you were her. She was a barista by day, ninja by night. 

Now, was it cheating if she was using her skills in broad daylight? 

Maybe.

Was it ninja-like of her to actually use her skills in broad daylight?

Maybe not.

Still... Minji snorted as she fixed her seventh drink. Unaware that her co-workers and manager were staring at her flabbergasted, the 17 year old placed the order on the counter. What do they know? Everyone probably just thinks I am an amazing barista. Giggling a bit, Minji was also unaware that someone else was watching her with innocent fascination. Another boy her age, tan kissed skin and lips that were shaped like a bow.

He smiled in amusement.

Minji patiently waited for her next order. The cashier, Dara, was growing nervous at making the new girl wait. The teenager was making drinks faster than Dara could take orders. 

Oh gosh, and she looks pissed. Dara gulped at the look resting on Minji's face. It screamed irritation and boredom (little did she know that Minji had a natural 'resting ' face). I-I better hurry. Quickly smiling, Dara welcomed the boy at the counter. "Hi! What can I get for you today?" She asked sweetly. The boy in question grinned.

"The hardest drink to make that you've got."

At this strange request, Dara raised a brow but shrugged her shoulders nonetheless. 

"You got it." After spending three minutes coming up with an order, Dara handed the cup to Minji. She took it swiftly and so quickly that Dara blinked before realizing Minji was already on it. Huh. Folding her arms, Dara walked back to the cash register. I wonder how long it will take her to make a that venti.

Dara put in the order of a venti. Half-whole milk, one quarter 1%, one quarter non-fat, extra hot, split quad shots, no foam latter with whip, a touch of vanilla syrup and 2 short sprinkles of cinnamon.

"Done!" Minji shouted from the counter. "KAI!?" She called out. Dara face-palmed. The woman hadn't even made it back to the cashier yet. 

The boy, Kai, almost danced his way to the counter and smiled at Minji. She smiled softly in return. "Here's your drink." She said and turned around. Haha, that drink took only 33 seconds. Minji was proud of herself. When Dara handed her that order, it was the longest and hardest one to date. Still, she had no problem with it. 

With her ninja skills, no drink was impossible for Minji. 

I am such a great ninja. She thought giddily.

"Wait!" Kai called from across the counter. Turning around, Minji looked at the boy her age and raised a brow. There was a slight blush to his cheeks as he saw the fast barista up close.

She was cute. Definitely cute.

"Whoa..." He whispered to himself. Kai nearly forgot his next words but continued once he saw Minji turn around again. "WAIT!" He shouted. Again, Minji turned to look at him and raised a brow. "I-Uhh... Your name?" He asked her, albeit nervously. The barista rolled her eyes playfully and pointed to her name tag. Kai blushed from embarrassment. "R-Right. Minji, haha... You make drinks fast." He complimented.

"Thanks." Grinning once again, Minji was about to walk to Dara. 

"You're like a ninja." Kai added. Freezing in her spot, she twirled around and gave Kai a bewildered look. He was smiling like an idiot. Stunned and too speechless to say anything back, Kai continued. "But don't worry, your secret is safe with me." He joked. Winking, the boy grabbed his beverage and walked out the door.

Minji watched him with horror. 

Her secret was out.

OH MY GOD. She thought in panic. Her face held no emotion but Minji was definitely panicking. MASTER IS GOING TO BE MAD! Gulping at the thought, Minji walked slowly to Dara and got an order. How to make up for this? Oh gosh, this is what I get. Great ninja? ME!? Minji scowled. I ain't so great if someone simple like him could figure it out. Minji spent the rest of her shift with the scowl in place, cursing her own self for being so careless.

Much to Dara's surprise, Minji took 3-4 minutes to make every order after that 'difficult' drink. She was making drinks at Bom's pace. I wonder what happened. She wondered. Shrugging her shoulders, Dara looked to her next customer and nearly fell over. Before her was a tall, handsome, young and hopefully single man. He also didn't look Korean. With sparkling eyes, Dara grinned. "Hey handsome, what can I get you?" She asked, voice sultry and for good measure, added a wink. 

The man ignored her. "I'm here for Minji." 

Pouting, Dara nodded her head. "Fiiine." Turning her head, Dara yelled, "Minji-yah! Someone is here for you!"

Minji looked over her shoulder and shuddered. "M-Master..." She whimpered, the color leaving her face. The tall man narrowed his eyes at her.

"You've been found out." Was all he said. "And by an EXO-K no less." Minji gulped and sighed. "After you get off, you'll be coming straight home." With that done and said, Minji nodded her head.

"Yes master." She relented and went back to work. Dara, curious, came up next to Minji.

"Who's that?" She asked the younger girl. Minji shot Dara a Don't you dare kind of look. She ignored it. "He was so cool looking and quiet. He, He... He was like a ninja!" Dara sputtered happily. Minji suddenly slammed her head onto the espresso maker.

Damn it.

 


(A/N: Ho ho! Ninja's aren't always slick! Any guesses which member was at the counter during the last scene? Ufufufu~!)