1/1

Pictures I'm Living Through For Now

Jungkook was moving. He was finally able to gather enough money to move out from that ty apartment where he lived during practically all his life. He thought he would feel sad but in fact he couldn’t feel happier. As he was dropping off the last box, he sat down in front of it and opened it to see what was inside for the box to be so light. He took a pen from his pocket and managed to tear the tape up. He opened the box and found himself face to face with photographs of him and Jimin. Jimin. His first and only love that he met in high school. He was a freshman while Jimin was a senior. They had common friends thanks to whom they met and quickly fell in love. Jimin was always very demonstrative and would hug Jungkook or ask for a kiss whenever and wherever. Jungkook would be more… distant ? He loved him but couldn’t resolve to show affection in public. He thought it was embarrassing so he would always reject Jimin in public even if everyone knew that they were together. Jimin was bearing with everything. The rejection, the people bad mouthing about him and Jungkook, saying that Jungkook was only toying with Jimin, that he didn’t like him. But Jimin knew the truth. He knew that Jungkook loved him, he had told him many times, between hugs, kisses. Jungkook remembered their first kiss as if it was yesterday. It was their 2 weeks anniversary and Jungkook had witnessed people bad mouthing about his and Jimin’s relationship after lunch. He had run to the closest bathroom and spent the entire day there, crying his eyes out. He wanted to go find Jimin, he needed his hug but couldn’t. He was afraid that Jimin had heard those people and was thinking of their relationship. Maybe he believed them about the fact that Jungkook was only playing with his feelings. Jungkook wasn’t but he couldn’t muster enough courage to go tell him the truth. At the end of the day, as he was going to get out of the bathroom to go back home when the door burst open, revealing a panicked Jimin.

 

 

Flashback

“Jungkookie ! What are you doing here ?” Jimin asked, surprised.

“Jimin ? How… ?”

“Your classmates told me that you weren’t in class the whole afternoon. They saw you enter here after lunch and when they entered they heard you crying and decided to let you alone. What happened ?” Jimin approached Jungkook carefully.

“Hyung… I-I heard p-people talking about u-us…” Jungkook sobbed.

“You heard about the rumours ?” Jungkook nodded. “Aww Kookie ! Don’t cry ! I don’t care what they are saying about us ! I know you love me and it’s our 2 weeks anniversary today, right ? You should be happy !” Jimin said, hugging Jungkook tight.

“I’m sorry hyung…” Jungkook whined.

“Don’t be Kookie. I have a present for you.” Jimin stated. Jungkook looked at him. “Happy 2 weeks anniversary Kookie.” He said and he kissed Jungkook right then.

End of flashback

 

Jungkook smiled at the memory and took the first picture. It was a picture of Jungkook when he was in first year. He was smiling brightly and he could see in the background a short chubby guy looking at him from afar, smiling as brightly as him if not brighter. Jungkook smiled at the memory. It was around 1 week after he had entered high school. The first friend he had made, Taehyung, took this photo just after he had proposed to Jungkook to go eat ice creams. Jungkook remembered that two seconds after, Jimin had come running to them, asking if he could come with them. It was the first time they got out together and Jungkook immediately liked how Jimin was always hyped and smiley. After the ice cream, Taehyung had something to do so Jimin walked Jungkook home. It was very awkward because Jungkook couldn’t look at Jimin or talk to him. He was mesmerised by Jimin’s features. So Jimin had to talk alone, Jungkook sometimes nodding to some questions or giggling when Jimin would say something silly. When they arrived, Jungkook thanked Jimin and Jimin beamed before saying ‘See you tomorrow Kookie’ which had Jungkook blushing madly like a school girl. Needless to say that Jungkook couldn’t sleep well this night.

Jungkook took another photo. It was a picture of the group he had been accepted in thanks to Taehyung and Jimin. In fact, one day, Jimin and Taehyung had come to him during lunch, dragging him to their table in the centre of the cafeteria. He sat there awkwardly and four guys came, sitting at the same table, looking at Jungkook with curious eyes.

 

Flashback

“Jimin, Tae ! Who’s that ?” A tall guy with broad shoulders asked.

“Jin-hyung, it’s Jungkook !” Taehyung answered.

“He’s so cute ! Is he a freshman ?” A guy who resembles a horse asked.

“Yep ! He’s a cutie pie, right ?” Jimin said.

“I’m not cute hyung.” Jungkook mumbled.

“I like him. Hello, my name is Namjoon.” A blonde haired guy stated, reaching his hand for Jungkook to take it. Jungkook took it hesitantly and the guy smiled to him.

“Namjoon-ah, you seem to like him, huh ?” The guy with broad shoulders said, smirking.

“Shut up hyung. He just reminds me of me when I was a freshman.” Namjoon replied. The horse-looking guy burst out laughing.

“Are you serious ? You were so awkward, always having your earphones on and lip-syncing to the lyrics! But it didn’t stop me to become your friend!”

“We are friends ? That’s new Hoseok. Would you now shut your ing mouth and let this boy breathe, he seems scared.”

The guy named Hoseok looked at Jungkook and he looked like a horse so much, Jungkook laughed out loud, hitting the table with his fist. Everyone looked at him as if he was crazy and Namjoon sat beside him.

“Hey, breathe ! What’s happening ?”

Jungkook had to breathe deeply a few times before he could speak normally.

“Nothing, he just looked like a horse so much looking at me with his confused face !” he said before keeping on laughing.

Everyone then burst out laughing, even Hoseok. Jin and Hoseok sat in front of the other four and began to eat, chatting together and discovering things about Jungkook as such as he likes to dance and sing, he likes to draw and he wants to learn playing guitar.

After this day, they all became inseparable.

End of flashback

 

Jungkook saw other photos of the group and every time he was drawn back to the happy memories. He couldn’t help himself, they were the happiest moments of his life.

Then, he saw a picture of him and Jimin. It was the picture they took at Jimin’s graduation. They were both beaming but Jungkook had red and puffy eyes. Jungkook’s expression faltered a little. He had been so sad to see Jimin go.

 

Flashback

As they took the picture, Jimin had his hand on Jungkook’s waist at the younger was sniffing softly. When they were done, Jimin turned to him and took him in a bone-crashing hug.

“It’s okay Kookie. We can still meet during the week-ends, it’s not a big deal. I’ll call you every day too. I promise.” Jungkook blinked a few times.

“Really ?” Jimin nodded. He pecked Jungkook on his lips and Jungkook was about to hit him but held back. He didn’t want to hit Jimin on his graduation day. So he smiled and they went to join the others.

End of flashback

 

Jungkook almost teared up at this memory. He had been very sad to see Jimin go to university but Jimin kept his promise and they went like that for a year, seeing each other during the week-ends and holidays.

 

Flashback

When the summer holidays came, Jungkook wanted to surprise Jimin so he went to his university to take him to his home to chill together. They couldn’t see each other during two weeks since Jimin had exams so Jungkook had missed Jimin a lot. He was waiting in front of the entrance when he saw Jimin. He was about to wave at him when he saw a girl beside him. She was beautiful and was wearing a mini-skirt and high heels. Jimin was smiling to her, the same smile that he made when he would see Jungkook. A loving and caring one. Jungkook teared up and ran back to his house. When Jimin called him, he didn’t answer. Jimin called him over three times and Jungkook decided to turn his phone off. He went to sleep even if it only was 6P.M. When he woke up the next morning, it was to the sound of his doorbell. His parents weren’t home since they had to go to work and it was 10A.M so he was sure they weren’t home. Jungkook got up, dragged himself to the door and opened it. Jimin stood there, seemingly confused and Jungkook immediately closed the door. He didn’t want to see Jimin right now. He felt betrayed and furious. Jimin began to hit the door.

“Jungkook open the door !” Jimin exclaimed.

“No !” Jungkook shouted back.

The stopped and there was silence.

“Jungkook. I know you’re behind this door. Tell me what’s wrong. Why didn’t you pick up my calls yesterday ? I’ve been so worried.”

Jungkook wanted to shout at him but held back.

“W-why would you be worried about me ?” he asked fiercely, opening the door.

Jimin stood there, an expression of bewilderment on his face at the sight of Jungkook’s red and puffy eyes.

“Jungkook ? Have you been crying ?”

“W-what ? N-no ! Answer my question !” Jungkook screamed.

“You have been crying Kookie ! Tell me why.” Jimin said, taking a step closer to Jungkook. Jungkook took one step back.

“Don’t come closer.”

“Kookie ? What happened ?” Jimin asked, hurt.

“Like you don’t know what happened ! How long have you been cheating on me ?” Jungkook shouted.

“What ? Jungkook, let me in so we can talk about this. I don’t know-”

“STOP LYING ! GO BACK WITH YOUR PRETTY GIRLFRIEND AND DISAPPEAR FROM MY LIFE FOREVER !” Jungkook shouted, now clearly crying, unable to stop his tears. He was feeling a mix of anger and betrayal.

“What ? Girlfriend ? Jungkook, I don’t know what you saw or heard but I do not have a girlfriend. I swear.” Jimin said, pushing Jungkook aside and entering the apartment.

“Get out…” Jungkook whimpered.

“No. Now, come and sit beside me because I think I understood everything now.” Jungkook reluctantly went to sit on his sofa beside Jimin.

“Yesterday, when I was going out of the university, in the distance, I saw a young man, looking just like you, waiting for someone. I was alone, thinking that it was you while making my way to the exit when this girl, BaekHee, came. I swear that she isn’t my girlfriend. She is trying to get her hands on me since day 1 and I always rejected her. When she came yesterday, it was to ask me about the party that is going to take place tonight. She asked me if I was planning to come and I kindly said ‘no’, smiling. But she insisted and I said that I had a cute boyfriend that was probably waiting for me since it was the end of school and that she better go her way if she didn’t want me to reveal everything about her in front of the whole uni. That’s the story. You maybe saw me smile at her and drew a hasty conclusion. If you had stayed some seconds more, you would have seen her make a disgusted face when I clearly revealed that I was gay.” Jimin explained.

Jungkook was feeling so stupid in the moment, he just wanted to hide. He shoved his face in his hands, turning bright red. Jimin giggled and took Jungkook’s hands off.

“Kookie, no need to be embarrassed. I understand but you’ll have to trust me more okay ? I don’t want anyone other than you. Neither a girl nor boy in the world could make me feel the same way I feel about you. I only need you Kookie. I love you.” Jimin said before kissing Jungkook. They had their first time together this night.

End of flashback

 

Just remembering that day makes Jungkook embarrassed. He also remembers that they almost broke up one year after because of Min Yoongi.

 

Flashback

“What are you talking about for God’s sake ?” Jimin said, pushing his hair back, sighing deeply.

“Yoongi hyung told me that you went on a date yesterday which was our 4 years anniversary hyung ! How could you do this to me ?” Jungkook said, shedding tears of anger.

“What the hell ?!? It is NOT true ! Just ask Namjoon hyung ! No, in fact look at this !” Jimin said, showing his phone to Jungkook. It was the texts he shared with Yoongi yesterday.

‘Jiminie, come to my room.’

‘No. I’ve already told you to stop harassing me. I have a lovely boyfriend who doesn’t take advantage of me. He loves me and I love him. I’m over you.’

‘You could leave this kid and be with a grown up man. I’m sorry that I took advantage of you in the past but I know now that I was wrong. You’re my soulmate Jimin. I love you. Come back to me.’

‘Yoongi stop. You have to forget me. I don’t love you anymore, I think I never loved you in fact. Stop texting me, calling me, I don’t want to be with you. Jungkook is all I want, all I need, I can’t live without him. Goodbye forever.’

Yoongi didn’t reply after that.

“See, I wasn’t lying to you. Yesterday, I was with Namjoon hyung in the studio the whole night to finish an assignment for my vocal class.” Jimin coldly said. He took his phone back and was ready to leave Jungkook in his room, alone, when said boy grabbed his arm.

“Ji-Jimin-ah… I’m s-sorry, please… Don’t l-leave m-me…” Jungkook managed to say between sobs. Jimin broke free from his grip and turned to him.

“Jungkook, you don’t give me a choice. You did that 2 years ago if you remember. It turned out that she was only a wanting to steal me from you. You don’t have faith in me Jungkook.”

“J-Jimin hyung… Pl-please, I’ll do everyth-thing, just s-stay with m-me…”

“I can’t stay with someone who doesn’t believe in me Jungkook. I just can’t. I believe in you.” Jungkook tried to calm down and looked at Jimin.

“But I don’t hang out with everyone in the uni. You don’t need to be worried. Everyone wants to be friends with you, you’re so sociable. You accept anyone who comes to you, you’re oblivious of their real purpose so you every time get played with. I know everyone in this uni even if they don’t know me. That’s why I’m worried about you. I trust you but I don’t trust them. You’re so kind you’d never be suspicious of anyone.” Jungkook said.

Jimin suddenly felt guilty. He remembered all the times that Jungkook had saved him from bad people even before he graduated from high school. Even Taehyung and Hoseok had told him to be careful but he always ignored them saying that he knows the people he hangs out with. But it always turned out they wanted to take advantage of him like Yoongi had. Jungkook had always protected him and Jimin would be thankful to him his whole life. He had saved him from his past with Yoongi and made him discover Love, real Love. Jimin approached Jungkook and hugged him tight, Jungkook immediately returning it.

“You’re not leaving me ?” Jungkook asked to be sure.

“Of course not. You saved me Jungkook. I was in the darkness the whole time after Yoongi left me and when I met you I could live again. You brought life to me the moment I met you in high school and I’ve been living since then. I can’t live without you, literally. I just want to be with you, see you, touch you, love you every single day of my life. I don’t know what I did to deserve you but I’d always be grateful to the Heavens for having brought you to me.” Jungkook giggled and nuzzled his nose in Jimin’s hair.

“You’re so cheesy Jiminie. I don’t know what I did to deserve you too but I’d never change you even for all the gold in the world. I love you and you’re the only one I need hyung.” Jungkook said and Jimin pulled back a little and Jungkook kissed him.

End of flashback

 

As Jungkook teared up at the memory, he was startled by a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and looked at Jimin who was smiling brightly at him.

“What are you doing Kookie ?” he asked.

“Oh, um, I found some photographs in this box. It was so light I wondered what was inside.” Jungkook answered, standing up. Jimin grabbed him by his hips and pulled him close.

“We’ll be able to make new memories now. Isn’t it, Jeon Jungkook ? Or should I say Park Jungkook ?”

“I like the second one better, my lovely husband.” Jungkook said, smiling, and they kissed.


Author's Note :

I hope you enjoyed reading this short story^^

You can check my other stories if you're bored lol   :shameless promotion:

If you have any question or remark, you can write a comment or send me a message.

[I'm sorry for any typo^^] edited

#JiKook4Ever#

♥ Love BTS ♥