Height

No Words Needed

Jihoon looked pissed off. His brows were knotted together and his face was scrunched up to express his displeasure of the situation he was currently in. Of all the times he needed the music book, it had to be that day where everything else didn't seem to go his way. First, he woke up late, as he ran all the way to the company. Second, he barely got any breakfast inside his stomach and third, he was all alone in the recording studio, staring at the tall shelf without anyone there to help him.

It was a given that his height wasn't on the tall side, and he was fine with that. He could live with that fact. Jihoon didn't care, he had talent and that's what matters. But at that current situation, height did matter. He tried to use the chair to give himself a boost, but it fell short as his fingers barely reached the tip of the book. Then he tried to climb the shelf, which turned out to be a horrible idea as the old shelf was rickity. 

Now he was stuck with the problem of how was he going to get the blasted music book from that height?

He hated how his height became an inconvenience for him at that moment. He cursed to himself as he angrily looked at the book from the top shelf. Who placed it there anyway? He thought to himself.

He was desperately standing on his tip toes and even when he knew himself that it was no use, he tried to reach the back, but suddenly his ears perked up as he heard, "Hyung?" But Jihoon was too fixed on the music book to turn around. He knew who it was, but he didn't bother to respond. Yet Jihoon paused for a minute, he could ask Mingyu to grab the book for him, but at that time, his pride was too precious to give up. Jihoon continued to try to reach the book but to no avail.

Suddenly, he felt a shadow envelop him. His nose could smell the clean and crisp cologne Mingyu wore, his small stature could sense the warmth and the broadness of Mingyu's chest. Jihoon's body froze on the spot, he was taken aback, flustered at the thought of Mingyu too near for his own comfort. But what baffled him more was the obvious blush he was having.

Mingyu easily reached for the music book, hovering over his hyung. 

"Is this what you were reaching for?" Asked Mingyu, he didn't know why Jihoon's ears were so red but he found it adorable. 

"How did you know?" Jihoon asked, barely making eye contact as he still hates himself for being so red just because of his dongsaeng.

"Because I placed the book up here myself, I was cleaning the studio when-- OW!"

Jihoon threw a heavy punch, his fist landing on Mingyu's chest. His back faced the shelf as Mingyu's arms unintentionally trapped him.

"Yah! You're the reason why I was struggling in the first place!" Jihoon retorted, continuing to slap and punch Mingyu's chest out of annoyance.

"Hyung!--OW! Wait!-- OW! The shelf is going to--" But Jihoon didn't stop to hear him. Mingyu could see the shelf wobbling aggressively. He pulled Jihoon by the arm, turning him around as Mingyu covered Jihoon's stature with his own body. Jihoon was about to react, when suddenly he heard loud thuds. Mingyu closed his eyes, holding Jihoon in his arms tightly, making sure he wasn't hit by the books.

"..." Jihoon was lost for words, apart from the close proximity, he felt a bit guilty. He didn't even realize that he clung on to Mingyu's shirt so tightly.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Mingyu asked, he opened his eyes to find Jihoon pressed up on his chest. Mingyu could feel the temperature rise in his body, his mouth turned dry as he felt Jihoon's small stature against him.

"Yes.." Jihoon said in response.

"That was a close call." Mingyu commented, wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

"....Yeah." Jihoon tear himself apart from Mingyu, getting the music book from the floor, he immediately made his way to his chair.

Mingyu gave a small smile as he collected the books that were on the ground. The silence was nothing new between them, he was oddly comfortable with it since he knows that Jihoon was already busy enough. As he placed the books back on the shelf, he made his way to the door.

"Minggu..." Jihoon called for his name.

Mingyu ceased his steps and looked over to where Jihoon was seated.

"Thank you...." Jihoon shyly admitted, avoiding Mingyu's eyes as he buried his face in the book.

"You're welcome, hyung." Mingyu gave a toothy smile, he could see Jihoon's ears red as can be. He already knew how thankful Jihoon was, Jihoon didn't have to put it to words. Mingyu knew. He smiled to himself, feeling happy to be of use to his hyung who was always busy. 


AN: The first to many stories for this series c: started with something light as a starting point. But soon enough the drabbles and stories will vary in genre and themes <3 thank you for reading~