Chapter 1

Agape

Chapter 1


“Are you kidding me?” Jay said to the guy who was sitting down in front of her. “You’re calling me in early morning just to give me this?” She said again as she lifted a card on the air. ‘Wedding Invitation’. That was what written on that card.

“I know… and I'm so sorry about that, but—”

“I thought you know me already, I thought you care about me and I love you for that but is this how you're going to treat me?” Jay said while showing a sad expression to that guy.

“What? Hey, don’t overreacting like that. I'm just handing you that because your grandfather asked me to.”

“And there is no way you’d be obediently following that old man’s words.” Jay said suspiciously. “Kim Woobin, why? What does he said to you?” Different than before, Jay’s expression become serious after the word ‘grandfather’ come out.

“It’s not like that—”

“Then I won’t go.”

“Jeon Jay…” Jay could see the pleading in Woobin eyes by the time he called her name. The kind of expression that Jay has never experienced to see, especially in her dearest friend, Kim Woobin. The Kim Woobin that she knew, who was daring enough to befriended her a long time ago despite the hard situation he’d be in, never has that kind of expression like he was about to beg her to spare his life. Jay then realized that something fishy was going on.

“I'm sorry.” Jay finally said. “Sorry for dragging you into this. You know what; I’ll just meet that old man. That’s the only thing that he wants right now, don’t worry.” She said again before she got up from her seat.

“Yah, call me later!” Woobin then said after he saw Jay walked. He heard an ‘Okay’ from his friend as he keep looking at her back figure, somewhat feeling sorry for not being able to help her.

On the other hand, Jay who already walked out from the coffee shop she was in before, taking out her phone before he called someone. “Where’s that old man right now?” Jay said. “No, no, I have a business with him, so tell him to stay there until I come.” She said again as she trying to avoid a guy who walked so close to her so she wouldn’t bump into him. “I said I’ll come right now!!!” She then yelled, finally couldn’t contain the anger she kept inside before she ended the phone call and stop the taxi which pass near her. She then get on the taxi fastly without realizing that her yell before has drawn an attention from the guy she passed earlier.

❀❁❀❁❀❁❀❁❀

In the big mansion that placed near the heart of Seoul, a man in his mid thirty look at his phone after someone who called him ended the call. A gloomy expression could be seen on that man’s face, informing that whatever he talked earlier, it wasn’t something nice.

“Someone called me?” That man then heard his boss asked him. He then turned around and saw an old man in his 70s walked toward him.

“Yes, Chairman. Young Lady has called.”

“What does she say?”

“She will come here.” That man explained.

“Ah… she must’ve meet Woobin then.” That old man smiled before he walked past the younger man. “I need to get ready then, right, Secretary Yang? My one and only granddaughter will come and visit me.” He then said again as he laughed happily.

❀❁❀❁❀❁❀❁❀

The taxi Jay was in stopped in front of a big mansion before he step out of it and walked to the entrance door.

“Oh! Young Lady!” Jay heard someone called her as he walking toward her.

“Where is he?”

“Chairman has waiting for you in his study room.” Secretary Yang then explained before he lead Jay to the study room he that he mentioned.

Not long after, Secretary Yang stopped in front of a big wooden door before he knocked it. “Young Lady is here.” He said kinda loud before he opened the door and mentioned Jay to walk inside.

There Jay saw, an old man in his 70s, sitting down in a comfy couch while drinking a hot tea.

“You’re fast.” That old man said.

“What do you want from me?”

“Jeon Jay, that’s not how you greet your grandfather. It’s been so long since the last time we meet you know.” He said while flashing Jay a big smile.

“Grandfather? Stop joking, I don’t have a grandfather like you.” Jay said rather hatefully as she hold herself from jumping on that old man and screw his face so she could wipe that annoying smile off of him.

❀❁❀❁❀❁❀❁❀

One hour has passed after Jay met her grandfather. Not long after that, the door of the room Jay was in open widely as she walked out of that room. Behind her, her grandfather smiled widely and laughed satisfyingly which make Jay really want to throw something so he’d stop laughing.

As she walking, she could hear a few whispers from the worker there.

“Is she ‘her’? Really?”

“Oh my, I wouldn’t know if you didn’t tell me. ”

“It’s my first time seeing her.”

Jay heard all of them, but she couldn’t care anymore when she realized that the way she look at that time was far from ‘appropriate’. A sandal, track suit and a messy curly hair. Nobody would believe that she was a ‘Young Lady’ of that big mansion.

“Yo what’s up?” Jay said through the phone after she realized that Woobin called her. “I'm okay. Where are you now?” She said again. “I’ll go there then.” She said again. She then ended the call and once she out of the building, she saw Secretary Yang standing near a black Ford beside him.

“Let me drive you home.” Secretary Yang said. 

“Forget it.”

“But Chairman said--”

“I’d rather go with a taxi.” With that, Jay walked away from Secretary Yang as she called a taxi to pick her up.



Author's Corner: Hello everyone, this is my very first story after a long time hiatus. I hope you all like it and looking forward to this story. Don't forget to give me your thought about this chapter ^^