Sleep

Sleep

Someone was shaking me.

Who the hell is shaking me?

What in the flying blue frig?!

My eyes flew open and my room was pitch black. I closed them again and tried to settle back into my dream but the shaking persisted. I swore and opened my eyes again, blinking away sleep begrudgingly. The shaking was coming from behind me.

It was Jihoon.

Jihoon was shaking me.

Jihoon doesn’t wake up at night.

Something’s wrong.

I turned over and stared at the male with pale pink hair who was sitting up in the bed.

I slowly sat up and placed my elbows on my knees, pressing the heel of my palms into my eyes.

“Ugh Jihoon what’s wrong?” I croaked out, removing my hands and blinking away colourful spots. Jihoon didn’t say anything for a few moments.

“I had a bad dream. I can’t go back to sleep.” He spoke softly, voice still slightly hoarse from sleep. I couldn’t help the smile which spread across my face.

I lay back down and sighed, opening my arms to him. He lay down with his head on my chest, arm draped across my stomach. One of his legs was draped over mine, a familiar weight. I used the arm under him to pat his shoulder and the other to softly smooth out his hair, running my fingers down his face as well.

I began humming a song softly, trying to calm the boy in my arms down. He shifted, getting comfortable and I placed a kiss on the top of his head. The fingers on the arm draped over my stomach tapped along softly to my humming. As I reached the bridge of the song, the tapping stopped and his breathing evened out.

He was asleep.

Jihoon was fine and asleep.

I slowly slid my arm from under him, and he made himself more comfortable, still sleeping. I curled up next to him, pulling the blanket over both of us and drifting off to sleep once more.