Ignore me

Ignore me, I can ignore you better

“Myungho, hold up. Why are you walking so fast?” Mingyu shouts from behind Seungkwan. He has been calling the Chinese boy three times, before he finally rushes to him and stumbled over Seungkwan’s feet, which gains grumbles from the vocalist.

Myungho who walks beside Jisoo keeps going forward heading to the van that is waiting for them in front of the SBS building. Jisoo, being a nice hyung, nudges him so that he realizes Mingyu was calling for him. Not that Myungho actually did not realize what Mingyu has been doing, but he just feels like ignoring the group visual. “Let him be, hyung,” he says as he climbs the van.

“Yah, yah, yah, ride the other van with me, this one is full already,” Mingyu grabs Myungho’s wrist as he tries to hold the younger one to ride the black van. But of course, the latter won’t listen to the request easily, he keeps insisting to go in and squish himself between Jeonghan and Chan.

“No, you ride this van with him. I’ll move to the other one,” Jeonghan says as he suddenly gets out from the car, dragging Jisoo with him to the silver van. Obviously he is far from being okay to listens to the two same age friends’ banter, so he takes the preventive action. Taking Jeonghan previous spot, Myungho sits beside Chan in hustled, not leaving any spot for Mingyu. But to his disadvantage, Chan kicks his left leg right away and makes him give some space for Mingyu to sit on.

Throwing his gratitude, the tallest member of the group beams so shiningly toward the youngest. But those smiles suddenly changes into a pouty gestures the moment he faces Myungho, “Are you doing this in purpose, hah? Pretend not hear my shouts?”

“Didn’t you just do the same thing to me back in the building 30 minutes ago?,” That was during a recording for their greeting for Asia Pacific Fanmeet in Auckland. That time, Jisoo was asked to recommend a movie for the audience, he then explained about the Anime Stray Dog. Knowing that usually it is Mingyu the playful one, Myungho acted like a little puppy and made a cute expression in front of Mingyu. Expecting that at least Mingyu will imitate it or play along with him, but instead Mingyu just sent him a cold stare and turn his head away. That left a mark in Myungho’s heart somehow, he went wordless until the end of the recording.

“Oh so you are taking revenge at me now? But I was just joking!” Myungho obviously missed the those giggles Mingyu made because of his cuteness. Myungho still gives nothing in response. Sighing loudly on purpose, Mingyu continues “Fine, let’s see how long you can keep doing this. Ignoring me, pretending I am not here. Fine.”

Apparently Myungho already starts his game right away. He just shrugs in response and turns his gaze toward the window, letting Mingyu facing his back. Serves you right Kim Mingyu, you ignored me, I can ignore you better, he thinks.

“Don’t fight okay, don’t fight.  You guys can ignore each other. But for the God sake, I am so tired and I don’t want to hear any sh*ts from both of you. So shut up,” Jihoon says from the back seat, sounds so weary, mostly because of the all-day recording today.

----

“Kim Mingyu, where is the frying pan?” There is a shout heard from the kitchen, apparently it is Seungcheol. He and Seokmin have been searching for the ing frying pan for 15 minutes but they can not seem to find it. “Kim Mingyu, where the hell are you? Where did you put it last time?”

Still no answer from Mingyu. Wonwoo who has been watching a drama in the living room with Junhui answers instead, “He’s in the bedroom since we came home, hyung. Probably already sleeping.”

Myungho enters the kitchen, attempting to make a glass of milk for himself. “There’s no way a Kim Mingyu sleep this early,” he speaks softly to himself, more like a scowl, but Seungchoel hears him anyway.

“Then why don’t you help us, go to his bedroom and ask him where the frying pan is?” he orders.

“But, I’m not talking to Mingyu now, hyung,” Myungho replies hesitantly.

“Oh come on, Myungho, please. We’ve been searching for it for ages now. We are just trying to help, since that big puppy refuse to cook today,” Seokmin pops up from under the dining table. “And sure you need an excuse to talk to him too, right? Use it now!” he winks.

Myungho knits his eyebrows together hearing Seokmin’s suggestion. “I don’t need any excuse, Seokmin. I just don’t want to talk to him right now,” Myungho continues. Seokmin rolls his eyes to the dancer's replies, how denial this kid can be.

“Just do it,” Seungcheol only needs three words and a nod to sends Myungho to Mingyu’s room.

Myungho knocks. Once, twice, and three ing times, but as expected no one will answer. Either the one living in the room is really sleeping or too busy being deaf. Myungho opens the door and pops his head to find out that there is a sleeping Hansol occupying Mingyu and Seungcheol’s sharing bed. Not finding Mingyu in the room, he is panicked and scans the entire room.

A second later, Mingyu come out from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips. He stops when he realizes Myungho is peeking his head behind the door. “Ah I must forgot to close the door,” he turns away and heads to his cupboard to get a pair of short pants and shirt.

“Seungcheol-hyung asked, where is the frying pan? He and Seokmin tried to cook for us because you are being a brat today and refuse to cook, but you seem to put them in a hard situation because you hide the fry—“

“Oh is the air conditioner squeaking? Because I can hear sounds….” Mingyu cuts Myungho’s words, sending the latter gaping.

Disturbed by the chatter sounds, Hansol shifts softly and rubs his eyes, tries to recognize who are the ones that waking him up from his sleep and find out that Mingyu is walking toward him. 

“Hansol-ah, you woke up. Are you waking up because the air conditioner squeaking? I think we need to get it repaired, I started hearing sounds.”

Hansol then sits up from his position and scans the room and then looks at the air conditioner. “Oh I guess it works just fine, hyung. I don’t hear any sound though,” the younger answers while making sure that he hears nothing come from the accused air conditioner. “Myungho-hyung, what are you doing there? If you want to come in, just come.”

Being annoyed by Mingyu’s antique, Myungho is about to slam the door closed but Mingyu suddenly recites loudly, “Hansol-ah, can you please tell Seungcheol-hyung, if he is looking for frying pan, it is in the second drawer under the TV.” Obviously making sure that Myungho hears it.

BAM!! Only freaking Kim Mingyu put a freaking frying pan under the freaking television, Myungho grunts under his breath while stomping toward the living room to take the frying pan.

Hansol tries his best to digest what Mingyu’s order was, but before he is able to comprehend it, Mingyu push his head back to the pillow. “Never mind, just go back to sleep. Sorry for being too noisy. Don’t worry, Myungho will do it.”

“You two have another fight?”

----

The boys have a morning schedule the very next day. Usually, most of them skip breakfast whenever they have a schedule in the morning. But Myungho is an exception. Believing that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, he always makes time to has breakfast, even though that means he has to wake up at 4 AM.  Before everyone else in the bedroom wake up, Myungho gets up from his bed. Without turning on the lamp, he walks soundlessly toward the kitchen, planning to make a sandwich for himself. He did not expect to see the lamp on the kitchen is already on, so he walks closer to find someone already occupying the kitchen.

It is Mingyu. He is too busy to prepare something to realize that Myungho is watching every single of his movement. The image of serious Mingyu while cooking always be Myungho’s favorite, his sincerity, his positivity, never fails to captivate Myungho.  Seems like he is currently preparing a rice box, much to Myungho’s surprise. Why don’t he just eat it now, he still have time to do so, why bother prepares a rice box, Myungho thinks.

Finishing his rice box, Mingyu put the rice box on the dining table and smiles contently. He turns off the kitchen lamp and about to make a walk toward his bedroom. Myungho, who has been watching him silently, suddenly feels the urge to make a run and hide. He ends up running to the bathroom and hides there.

Around 3 minutes later, someone knocks on the bathroom door. “Whoever insides please hurry, hyung. Manager-hyung told us to be ready in an hour.” Myungho hears Chan’s voice in the other side of the door. 

“Yeah sure, in a minute, Channie!” Myungho jolts and rushes to take a bath. Forgetting to make his important breakfast this morning.

Later, as usual, the boys separating into two vans to reach the shooting location. This time Mingyu is not calling for Myungho and ask him to go to the same van with him. He just walks to the silver van leisurely while putting his arms around Wonwoo’s shoulder.

After sitting in the black van, Soonyoung plops himself beside Myungho and hands him a rice box. Myungho can not be mistaken, this is the same rice box that Mingyu prepared before. “What is this, hyung?”

“Your breakfast. Mingyu gave it to me earlier, he said you missed your breakfast today.” As if he knows what Myungho is thinking, he continues, “Since you need to eat breakfast, and only you have breakfast so early in the morning, so yeah the other members don’t get rice boxes.”

Myungho gapes, kind of awed that Soonyoung can exactly figure out what was he thinking. But he only thanks him nonetheless.

“Are you two currently avoiding each other? Or having another fight?”

“No, no, no, obviously not a fight. Just some kind of…. game?” Myungho answers, not really sure of what he just said either. Well he indeed did not mean this to be a fight, he sure just want to challenge Mingyu who can ignore each other better, right?

Seeing Soonyoung only nods in response, Myungho takes it as an acceptance. He looks down at the rice box in his hand, wrapped with Mingyu’s favorite blue handkerchief. Unconsciously a smile spread in his lips. Knowing the fact that Mingyu woke up earlier and prepared the rice box for him warms his heart somehow. Seriously, how can I ignore this precious friend of mine?

----

“Mingyu, thank you for the rice box. I ate it well!” Myungho wrapped his arm around Mingyu’s shoulder right after they arrive on the shooting location.

Mingyu, who is currently walking beside Seungkwan, stops. “Seungkwan-ah, do you know what kind of bird that can chirp this loudly?” he looks at the sky pretending to search for the said birds.

Seungkwan rolls his eyes and shots Mingyu an I-don’t-care look. “I’m not interfering with anything you are currently doing, hyung. But remember, if you two fight again, I’ll call Seungcheol-hyung,” He walks faster than the two and call out for Seungcheol.

“Yah, stop this already okay. Fine, you win, I apologize that I tried to ignore you before.” Now Myungho put both of his hands on Mingyu’s shoulders. “But you started it first! You ignored me in front of the camera, you should know how embarrassed I was! It should be you the one apologizing though!”

Mingyu stays silent and only scratches his neck.

Getting no response from the tallest, Myungho rolls his eyes and leaves. But a second after, long arms wrapped around his waist, preventing him to walk further. “No, you should be the one apologizing, Myungho. Promise me you won’t act like that ever again in front of the camera,” Mingyu gives him a back hug. Myungho shivers from the action.

Releasing himself from the big puppy’s hug, Myungho asks, “Acting like what? A puppy? But Jisoo-hyung was talking about the Stray Dog! It was reasonable enough if I pretend to be a puppy, I thought you’d play it along with me, since you are the real puppy here. But you—“

“No. Stop acting cute. I can’t take it if you act cute in front of me when the camera around. All I want to do is squish your face and...” kiss you, but Mingyu does not saying it out loud, “slap you right there right away. And I can’t do that in front of the camera!! So would you please don’t do that ever again?”

Myungho pouts cutely listening to Mingyu’s rants.

“Stop doing this, didn't I just told you?” Mingyu squishes Myungho’s face with both hands. “This time, I win okay. Whatever we are competing about, I’ll win. Remember that, so don’t even try. You ignore me, I can ignore you better,” But if you love me, I promise I’ll love you better, but of course once again Mingyu does not saying it out loud.