Chapter 1

It Hurts Here

A/N: Hi there! I hope you enjoy this story and the whole thing is dedicated to my best friend *coughs* You know who you are <3 
Don't be afraid to subscribe and comment cause the moment you subscribe you become kitties :') <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CHAPTER 1

 

 

Violent shouts filled the once silent street as he sprinted for his life, his feet taking him wherever he could go just to get away.

Why was he running?

Why else? They were at it again, those kids in their uniforms came for him just like yesterday and every other day in that week. With their fowl words and harsh faces, they swung for him again, bruised him again and destroyed his hope in them again.

Every single day, always the same. Maybe different faces… but the actions remained mirrored in every soul he came across.

As stones whirled past his heads like bullets, grazing his body, heart and soul like the sharp, venomous words that slipped so easily off their tongues, the once beautiful ears on his head now tattered and flat to his scalp, a whimper leaving his lips when a stone barely missed the clumped, dirty fur.

He knew it would stop if he just gave up and let them have their way…

But Jungkook was sick of it, he wanted to survive. His instincts told him to run, even on his scarred and bare feet, he ran like his life depended on it, just like every day.

This was all because what Jungkook dreamed of was a life worth living, not a life full of woe, misery or pain. So, no matter how much he loathed those who approached him, a part of him hoped one of them would reach out and hold him and love him as he is now, just a scared little kitten. A kitten alone in a big big world.

 

Alas, Jungkook was never fast enough. Not with those dirty, scarred feet. Not with those swollen bruises on his limbs. Not with his tail crooked and wavering. It was always his fate to be caught, always his fate to end up at the mercy of those foul creatures that frown upon his very being. Who was he? Why did he exist?

No one knew. No one knew who he was yet they still played games with his body, oh how many hits would it take before he blanked out for good? How many more scars must he take before he sleeps peacefully forever, curled up like the true little kitten he was.

 

 

Jungkook had lost track of time as the reality around him blurred and shook, yet another kick to his head. Sobs and cries would only satisfy them but even then, Jungkook couldn’t stop the silent tears. Tears of frustration, tears of pain and tears of disappointment. Why was he so useless that he ended up in this situation again? With one swift kick to his stomach, the pain proved too much… Yet again, like the previous days, he blanked out cold. His scrawny body sprawled out like a broken discarded doll on the ground, soon left alone so that the game may continue another day.

As Jungkook often said, “Where would the fun be for them if I was dead?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…”

What was that?

Jungkook couldn’t make it out. It sounded like one huge mumble, still a sound but no words.

“…ey?”

Oh, he must have been waking up. How Jungkook wished he wouldn’t be.

“Hey! Are you ok?!” The voice practically yelled as Jungkook felt his body being shook faintly, his limbs feeling like they were burning from yet another layer of blues, blacks and purples but the stupid stranger either didn’t notice them or was trying to make sure he was feeling every inch of it.

With a slight hiss, hands automatically moved to push the other away, dragging himself to a distance slightly the best he could, eyes barely open as his face contorted into something of pure horror. Why was the other this close? Why hadn’t he been hit yet?

As questions rushed through his mind, Jungkook’s barrier rose more at the sight of another person approaching, pushing himself up to his feet with a light scream of pain. With horror, he looked behind him at his tail to see it limply hanging. The sight of it caused his world to crash. His tail. His only treasured feature. His only means of getting food. They broke it.

 

Without any thought, he stumbled pathetically to the nearest exit escape route, body tensing at the people now getting closer and closer together, one of them now panting from running, the other staring at him with eyes he hated. Pity. Maybe Disgust? After-all, even Jungkook was disgusted at the way he became when it came to their race. How he wished that he wasn’t half contaminated with their filthy DNA. He wished that he could say not even a single thing was the same as the two men that were speaking with voices laced with concern.

It’s fake. It had to be fake. Jungkook knew all too well what that ‘caring’ sound usually meant. Sweetening up. They’d sweeten him up to get him to trust them just like that monster did to him when he was a child…

A hiss left his throat, soon followed by him choking on some metallic substance that was pooling in his mouth and then oozing out of the cavern when he threatened them by showing his teeth. Only when the man who shook him awake tugged on his friend’s arm to halt their movements, did Jungkook stop hissing and actually make a break for it, limbs flailing painfully as if he was certain that staying would mean knocking on death’s door.

 

 

 

When he got away far enough, he collapsed behind some bushes, clutching onto his tattered tail as if it was the only thing that mattered right then and there. Soft, gentle tears flowed down, the salt water causing his wounds on his face to sting and become more apparent when he did so.

“Stupid humans!” He hissed faintly, tilting his head back to try and stop his tears from falling any further.

He knew he had to stop. In this world, even fellow stray hybrids are monsters. Not all, Jungkook had met a few nice hybrids too… But there’s always those few who help humans capture stray hybrids to sell somewhere else and Jungkook is not going anywhere near that foul building again. Never again.

 

 

 

 

 

The boy let out a sigh as he watched the injured hybrid’s figure disappear completely, feeling completely and utterly useless in that moment. He could have helped. But he didn’t.

 

“Taehyung, stop making that face.” His friend groaned, causing him to look up and stare at the smaller’s scrunched up features. “Why do you even want to help that” every feature of the other twisted as he thought of a word, only to come out with “pet?”

 

A sharp breath in and a glare later, Taehyung mumbled dangerously low, his eyes piercing into the short man’s very being. “Before you call him just a pet, think of him as a human first. Would you let any human walk around and live outside with that condition?” as he straightened his body, Taehyung ruffled his hair in frustration. “And you know that that kid is the ing target of our school!”

Countless of days, he watched people plan this thing called a ‘chase’ and for countless of days, Taehyung assumed they were just going to play an extreme version of Tag but no. Just the day before, he found out. They were all chasing that kid. That injured, bruised and scared kitten-like person. Endless stories about how they beat him, some stories spoken with such glee that it sounded like they had won the lottery. How Tae loathed them all when he found out. How he wished he could have snapped at them all. But alas, the school was too big for that…

 

 

 

It felt like months had flown by when Jungkook finally opened his eyes again, body painfully contorted into the smallest shape it could handle. Everything was so much colder. Why was it so much colder? Breath fogging up the air slightly, Jungkook managed to sit up, his tail still laying limply on the ground next to him. How was he ever going to be the same again? They broke the one thing he actually liked about himself. With a deep sigh, Jungkook stood up onto swollen limbs and began to walk without thinking, just going wherever his feet led him. Like most days, he tried his best to steal some food while people weren’t looking, only to get caught because of having to use his hands and not his tail.

 

 

About 1 hour and 3 whacks with a broom later, Jungkook was ready to give up. The whole world seemed so much darker without the use of his tail, even the little baby of the owner he’d steal off of didn’t smile at him today. He was ready to just let go of hope until he saw the man from yesterday, his ears going on high alert just to make sure no one was going to sneak up on him as his body lead him to follow the other at a safe distance. The man practically reeked of delicious smelling food. Maybe if Jungkook could get whatever was in his bag without the other noticing?

 

Taehyung took in shaky breaths when his friend texted him, telling him not to turn around, being worried that maybe he was about to get mugged or beat up, only to sigh a little in relief when his friend then sent another message ‘Cat boy is following you.’

 

To say Taehyung wasn’t surprised would be a lie. But then again… He thought maybe someone would be drawn in by the smell of his mother’s home-made food in his bag. Ah, but what should he do in this situation? A beautiful little feline is following him. A beautiful, injured and probably sick feline. His lips pursed before he suddenly stopped walking, causing Jungkook behind him to grow frigid, even more so when Taehyung reached into his backpack.

Without any words, Taehyung placed his lunch box on the floor, glancing back slightly before walking away. His heart rushing at 100mph as he thought about the cat maybe taking it. Would he take it? At his thoughts, his lips formed a little pout. If it was possible, smoke would be coming out of his ears by now.

 

 

 

Jungkook watched in weariness as the other walked away, slowly taking step by step closer to the lunch box before he sniffed slightly, a light mewl escaping his cut lips as the heavenly smell sent shivers down his spine. Without further thought, he picked up the box, squatting down on his heals to open the lid recklessly, discarding it somewhere along the path as he poked around the food a little. It was some sort of rice dish- Then it hit him. There’s a little bit of salmon in the shape of a cat in the middle of the rice. Was this for him? Or was that boy younger than he looked?

 

Rice dropped all the way down his body as he scoffed it, head practically buried in the container without a care in the world, a slight purr erupting from his chest as the salmon slid down his throat with ease. He felt like a little kitten again. That is, until the sound of something metal tapping in front of him was heard. Whooshing and clinking of something cutting through the air before landing a painfully numbing blow to the side of his head, the box dropped and as Jungkook’s vision blurred, he glanced up with hatred in his eyes.

 

He allowed himself to be distracted for one damn minute. The smell of blood made him feel sick along with the taste of metal that now overpowered the salmon. Retched and twisted was the smirk the other showed down at his misery.

 

“Hey Kitty Kitty.” The taunting voice rang in his ears, echoing through his thoughts before everything faded and darkened. Jungkook had fainted.