Meeting Trouble

Door to Door

Someone commented about making individual stories for each ship and I said no because I was busy. I'm still saying no but this little thing came about as a weird idea and because I didn't feel like writing any of my other stuff so yea. Don't expect anything else to be written.

Pairing: more WonHui, Jihan


After the last debacle of the cutest delivery boy requests things calmed down. Either those guys weren’t that interested or they asked when Joshua wasn’t working. He had cut down on shifts at the store thanks to the upswing of work at his internship, which the owner was very accommodating. Today he went to the store to use the employee discount. Walking into the store he said his hellos to his fellow coworkers.

“Hey, Joshua. Haven’t seen you in a while? Here to use the employee discount?” Minhyun asked, smile on his face.

“Of course,” Joshua said laughing. Looking around he asked, “Where’s Jun? I know he’s working today.”

“He’s clocking out now. Said something about meeting his boyfriend,” Minhyun answered arching his brow in a comical seductive manner. “You know? That guy he was dancing around for the longest time.”

Joshua mouth dropped open, moving close until he hit the counter, “No way. He didn’t tell me anything that little rat.” He huffed in irritation.

“Yea, well apparently after that little breakdown you had about those guys eye ing you, Wonwoo came to apologize and somehow they asked each other out on a date.” Minhyun tapped his chin, “I think they’ve been dating for like three weeks at the most.”

Humming thoughtfully ignoring Minhyun’s comment on his minor hysterical moment, Joshua’s face took on a devious look, “You said he’s clocking out?” Seeing Minhyun nod in confirmation he said, “Looks like I’m date crashing today.”

Minhyun laughed, slapping the counter. “No need for that pizza today then?”

“Nope,” Joshua replied, popping the P, smirking. “Me crashing is payback for not telling me even if I was too busy to work here.”

 “You’re so much more evil than people give you credit for Joshua,” Minhyun laughed. “Jun is going to want to kill you,” he said.

“Too bad,” giving his older friend an arched brow, “And I have hidden depths,” he shrugged.  

Minhyun just kept laughing as Jun walked into the front.

“Oh hyung. What are you doing here?” Jun asked.

Joshua smiled that ever so sweet smile he always used to get his way. “I was going to get pizza but then I heard that you’re meeting a certain someone.” He made his smile even bigger. “Someone by the name of Wonwoo.”

Jun gulped loud enough for them to hear. In a slightly shaky voice, “Did you now?” Glancing at Minhyun before turning back to Joshua, “I am. But it’s going to be boring hyung. Nothing special.”

Pouting Joshua put a bit of whine into his voice, “But Jun, I missed hanging out with my dongsaeng. Isn’t it ok if I tag along? I mean haven’t you missed me?” He knew he was laying it on a bit thick but hey whatever got him an invination to the wonders of the WonHui relationship. Not to mention he really did want payback.

He kept looking at Jun with the saddest eyes he could muster and he could tell that Jun was breaking down. The tiny sweat drops and the slight nervous wringing of his hands, even the shaking of his leg. Jun always had a hard time saying no to anything remotely animal like and Joshua knew he resembled a cat; everyone said so.

“Ok. Sure. Why not.” Jun let out in a rush. “Let me text him and then we can go.”

Joshua smiled brightly at Jun. Hook line and sinker. Payback time. Minhyun, who had no grace whatsoever, kept laughing during the whole exchange, practically dying on the counter. “Perfect. I can’t wait to meet him."


Watching as Jun did a sort of fast walk/slow run towards Wonwoo, he smiled. It was cute. The two of them, or rather Jun grabbed Wonwoo’s hand, but the other man didn’t push it away or tear his hand out of Jun’s. Instead he intertwined it ever so gently, allowing Jun to give him a quick peck on the cheek. Ah sweet young love. Now for Joshua to embarrass the hell out of Jun.

“Jun,” keeping that sweet sweet smile on his face, “Introduce me to your boyfriend.” He knew Wonwoo by sight, the two of them even talking occasionally about books, but that was the extent of their friendship.

He cleared his throat, tightening his hold on Wonwoo’s hand. “This is Jeon Wonwoo. My boyfriend.”

Joshua smiled and nodded, holding out his hand for Wonwoo to shake. “So you two finally got together. When? How? You got to tell me all about it.” They had too. Minghao, Vernon, and him had bets running on when they would hook up. The fact that Jun didn’t tell Joshua meant that either Vernon and Minghao were also in the dark or he had won and they didn’t want to give up the money. “Ah silly me, let’s get inside first and then you two lovebirds can tell me.” He really laid it on thick right now.

Grabbing the door, he motioned for the two of them to enter first with him behind. He honestly just wanted to mess with Jun a little and then leave. So he should at least be more than his usual polite.

Wonwoo in his deep voice told the hostess, “Table for three please.”

She nodded leading the three of them into the café and seated them near the windows, laying down three menus. She left telling them their server would be with them shortly.

“So how did you two get together?” Joshua put his chin in between his hands and waited.

“After the last delivery I went to the store to apologize for,” clearing his throat a bit, “You know for the umm y Macarena dancing, and the ah flirting that Mingyu did.” Mumbling slightly, “I’m so sorry for that Joshua hyung. Mingyu is normally harmless but he’s an idiot so yea.”

Joshua watched as Jun tightened his hold on Wonwoo’s hand in comfort which was cute as heck. “You don’t have to call me hyung. You’re dating one of my cute dongsaeng’s now. You can just call me Joshua.” The taller guy was a giant softie. How cute. The two of them looked good together. “As long as Mingyu doesn’t do that again I’ll be fine.”

“So I apologized and Jun said that he’d take the apology if I went out on a date with him and here we are.” He held Jun’s hand, softly caressing the skin.

Smiling at the pair, in his head Joshua fist pumped. He won the bet. Meaning Minghao and Vernon had to pay up. As he was about to congratulate them a familiar voice rang out.

“Hello, I’m your server for the day Jeonghan. What can I start you guys out with to drink? Water? Soda?”

In horror Joshua turned his head and saw the flirty, long haired, touchy guy from the debacle that had him in minor hysterics. As Jeonghan looked around the table Joshua flinched as he laid eyes on him. The smile that spread across Jeonghan’s face made him look practically ecstatic. The guy was in heaven and Joshua…Joshua didn’t know what to do.

“Oh hyung, you’re working today?” Wonwoo asked.

his life right now. Jun’s new boyfriend was friends with touchy feely eye ing guy? No. . He should leave. Like right now before things escalated and he was lost in the chaos.

He turned to Jun and Wonwoo making his excuses, “I just realized I had an important paper due tomorrow and that I haven’t even started yet. Sorry to tag along and leave like this.” Getting up from his seat, he felt an arm on his. He was almost too afraid to look at who grabbed him, but deep down in that pit of his stomach that was telling him run Joshua knew who it was.

Jun smiled, evilly. “Oh hyung, really? You’re always so on top of things. Being a bit of a procrastinator won’t hurt. It’s only lunch. It’ll be quick. My treat hyung.”

ing Jun. How dare he do this to Joshua. After he took care of him so well. This is what he got for trying to crash one date. Joshua looked quietly to the side, seeing Jeonghan smiling at him. That flirty smile is strong as ever and Joshua wanted to die at that moment.

“No, it’s all right. Jun right?” Jeonghan said. “Joshua’s meal is on me. After this I’m on my lunch break too.” If anything his smile got wider and Joshua despite the dread he felt, was a bit enchanted by it. It was nice looking if anything. “I’ll join you guys. It’ll be like a double date.”

Joshua felt blood rush to his ears. God why did these things happen to him. He was perfectly content with his single status. He used all his time for himself, and some time for his friends. He could work as long as he wanted, study as long as he wanted, watch anime, read, laze about. And no one would yell at him besides his mom, if she knew what he did.

He didn’t want or need a significant other. But the combination of Jun’s evil smile and Jeonghan’s full force happy smile, made him sit down reluctantly. He trapped himself here, by being too damn nice. Joshua slid the menu towards himself, and internally wrangled the voices telling him to run before touchy guy came back and started taking liberties with him. He reasoned with himself that they were out in public, in front of Wonwoo and Jun. Jeonghan couldn’t possibly be that free with his affections in public. Right?


Wrong. Well, ok not completely wrong. Jeonghan wasn’t as bold as he was the last time, but he wasn’t exactly keeping to himself either.  He would bend close to Joshua to apparently hear better, or see something better that Joshua pointed out on his phone. Or he would accidentally graze Joshua’s arm with his fingers to grab the napkins. Nothing as overt as running his fingers down Joshua’s jaw. But everything gave Joshua butterflies in his stomach and he couldn’t tell if it was in good way or a bad way.

“So hyung what were you so busy with that all of your shifts were changed or cancelled?” Jun asked. He finally dropped the evil smile seeing how Jeonghan was being all touchy with him. Joshua narrowed his eyes at him wondering what was Jun’s angle at first. Until he realized that perhaps he wanted Joshua to hook up with his new boyfriend’s hyung so they could all be big happy family.

Jun just wanted Joshua to get a lover so he would be slightly less stressed. did wonders for a person he knew and he wanted Joshua to be less stressed. But no need to tell him that. It would make Joshua yell and throw a minor hissy fit.

“Internship work. School work. Volunteer work.” Joshua took a sip of his soda. “Work.”

Wonwoo, who finally let go of Jun’s hand, said, “That sounds so…sad.” His eyes opened wide, surprised that he said such a thing. Wonwoo apologized, “Oh my god. I didn’t mean—“

Joshua cut him off. “It’s fine. And yea it does. I was just really busy. And stressed. Things have calmed down now so it should be better.” Things always got super busy then super dead. Now was the super dead period. It was nice.

Once again brushing his fingers against Joshua’s on his way to grab his own cup, Jeonghan replied, “Well maybe you can find someone to date now. So they can help you relieve some of your stress.”

The way he emphasized stress made Joshua blush. He couldn’t believe that one word could sound so damn dirty.

Stuttering slightly, Joshua said, “I, I don’t think so.” This guy made him a blushing, stuttering mess and Joshua hated it. But clearly, given the wink Jeonghan just gave him, he liked how Joshua reacted. He looked away, feeling the blood rise to his face, as it got a little warm.

“Ah,” Jeonghan let out staring at the clock. “I got to get back to work. My lunch break is over. I’ll be back with the bill in a bit?” He asked.

Wonwoo nodded.

When Jeonghan left, Jun pounced on Joshua. “So hyung,” eyebrows raised, “You going to take him up on his offer. For the stress relieving?” The smile on his face couldn’t be described as anything other than dirty.

“I barely know him.” Joshua shook his head. “How the hell am I supposed to get stress relief from a guy I don’t know.”

“Well I think he’d like to get to know you— “Jun got cut off by Jeonghan coming back.

“Here’s the bill Wonwoo.” Turning to Joshua, “And yours is taken care of Joshua, don’t worry,” he said winking.

Protesting Joshua said, “No. I can’t let you do that. I’ll take care of it. You don’t have too.”

Jeonghan shook his head. “I offered. I don’t go back on my word.”

“No, please let me pay you back.” Joshua didn’t want to be in this guy’s debt.

Snapping his fingers like he had a good idea in his head, Jeonghan said excitedly, “You can totally pay me back. With another date. Just the two of us.” He looked down at Joshua, with that butterfly inducing smile again.

Joshua taken aback couldn’t say anything but, “I….I….”

“Only one date. And after that,” shrugging, “It’s up to you. But please, if you want to pay me back.”

Joshua felt helpless. He didn’t want to be in this guy’s debt, but he wasn’t exactly hankering for another date either. But he hated owing people. “Just one date right?” He wanted to sigh.

“Of course. Just one. After that is up to you.” Jeonghan said, voice infused with happiness.

“Ok. One date.” He took out his phone, “Give me your number. I’ll text you.”

Jeonghan smirked. “You washed away my number from last time?”

Looking down at his phone, ignoring the blush forming yet again, “No duh. It was too weird.”

He took the phone, tapping in his number. “I’ll be looking forward to your texts.” Jeonghan walked away with Wonwoo’s card in this book, smiling widely.

“Oh Shua hyung,” Jun said. “You’re screwed. Metaphorically and if Jeonghan has his way, physically too.”

“Jun, just be quiet.” Joshua replied. He knew he was in for it, but he could handle it. Hopefully. He looked at the contact, seeing that Jeonghan added a nickname, angel. Joshua snorted. Angel? More like devil. He was going to make sure this devil didn’t get into his pants.