In the darkness

Microclimate

It's dark in the room even though the clock reads 3 in the afternoon. The door was shut and locked, the windows closed and curtains drawn. Everything was silent safe for the occational screech of tyres and the soft snores of a dozing person. The only soul awake in the peaceful space was none other than the hyperactive Kim Taehyung.

Exhaustion was heavy in his bones yet he could not relax enough to let go. It was not his endless energy that kept him awake. Rather, it was the loudness in his mind that prevents sleep from taking it's place.

Where others often misjudge him, Kim Taehyung behind closed doors is a passionate and fragile individual. In the quietness of a late afternoon is often times where all the negativity and stress that has been accumulating like tiny specks of dust grow big, clouding every crevice of his being. This is when Taehyung feels as if his body has been twinned tight like a rope and compressed till he can't breathe.

Clenching his fists tight, the tanned boy tried to take whispered breaths as a way to calm himself. However, it came out as a stuttered gasp that awoke his partner in bed. Puffy eyes blinked open trying to locate the source of disturbance. Small hands instantly reached out to try and find their puzzle piece.

"Tae, are you alright?" Jimin's sleep-laden voice was a deep timbre, opposite of the pitch that is usually heard. Upon the lack of response, the black-haird boy sat up to chase away the last remnants of slumber and as a means to observe his lover.

"Tae, what's wrong?" Said male could hear the worry lacing every word spoken, yet it's the exact voice that managed to pacify the thundering in his head. Taehyung could feel the tension leaving his body in a single blow and how the nonexistent knots of his shoulders unwind.

"I'm fine, Jiminie" his voice was soft and rough from the lack of use. Taehyung clears his throat as he peers up at Jimin. Even in the dark he could see the worry shinning bright in Jimin's eyes and knows of the wrinkles present between brows. With a tanned hand, Taehyung reaches to cup Jimin's cheek.

"Come here" he beckoned. It was no louder than a faint whisper but Jimin followed heed to the command, leaning down till he was a breath away  from the younger.

"Are you sure you're alright, Taetae?" The younger wound his arms around the older male, pulling him close and savouring the warnth he felt. Taehyung closed his eyes and inhaled the sweet scent of vanilla shampoo before releasing it out. Jimin could feel how the warm air ruffled  his hair as he tucked his face into the younger's shoulder.

He pressed a light kiss before turning to look back at his lover. Sensing the motion, Taehyung opened his eyes to return Jimin's gaze. A small smile graced his features at seeing the older, face filed with love and concern. "I'm fine, Jimin. Promise. Having you here, in my arms. Nothing else matters as long as you're here with me like this."

Jimin couldn't help the way his heart jumped at the confession nor how his eyes becae strangely moist. He gave a silent chuckle before tightening his hold on the taller male. "You're so cheesy sometimes Tae. But I still love you the way you are and nothing else matters when you're with me too"

"I love you Tae. Don't ever doubt that and I'll always be by your side whenever you need me to. But for now, it's time to sleep. We're supposed to be having a nap, Tae" Jimin chided.

Taehyung gave his lover a boxy smile, adjusting himself so that he's lying on his side and curled up against the said boy. "Good night Jiminie"

"Night Tae. Love you" and before long, he could hear the soft snores again.

Taehyung watched as the older's breathing came to a steady state and felt the last bits of stiffness fall away. He knows he's not yet back to being hundred percent fine, knows that he'll need to keep on working harder at recovering. But one thing for sure was that he knows it's not going to be a forever thing. He has Jimin to rely on even if there's no one else.

"The tension confines us and our minds actually believe that everything important is in this room."

He read that somewhere, while surfing online. He now understood the meaning of it. Lying here in the silence with Jimin, he's pretty certain Jimin is the most important. As he slowly let sleep take over, Taehyung felt, for the first time in weeks, that he's strong enough to overcome any hurdle as long as he's not alone.