One Visit

'A Very Short Period of Time

It's been a month. And three days...? No? Five. Yes, that's 36 days since I last saw his eyes. As he fell back from the rooftop, and I returned to re-draw his world. Letting out a sigh, I put the conditioner bottle back onto its place in the shower stall. Soap and water dribbles off my toes, and as it swirls down the drain, my heart yearns to let my feelings float down it too. Another sigh and I turn off the faucet. Why does my actions feel like I'm in slow-motion? Ahhhh. Yes. No sleep. We've had back to back surgeries since Crazy Dog has been happy to work, now that W is all on track. Bleeeeeht.

Stepping out of the stall, I splash water in the tub. "Wait. Tub? What tub? When did I get a tub?!" I hiss in shock. Turning around violently, I realize that I'm in Representive Kang's bathroom. I see the two, now one, empty hangers which held "our" bathrobes from before. Picking up his shaver, I notice the skin care novelties I had used once, are now gone from their place next to his. Advancing forward, I recall my crazy notion to move his heart through my flashing scene. A small smile forms as I remember his lips, and the heat from his hand on the small of my back.

I blink my tears back, and shiver wildly, realizing where I was, and what-lack-thereof I wore...my wet...and very much body!

"OMO What do I do?" I screech loudly, then stifling my mouth, I grab the nearest towel-like item I can get my hands on. Slipping into a black bathrobe, I smell the familar scent of Chul. Ahhh. I miss this particular essence. Feeling like his arms are around me, I snuggle a bit closer into the robe.

Curiosity gets the better of me.

Peeking around the bathroom door, I glance around for signs of life. The interior lights are all dim. A soft glow from the nightstand beside Chul's bed beckons me to enter the room. He's asleep. Dreaming? Of me? He's restless; blankets are thrown to the floor. Approaching cautiously, I pick up the forgotten spread, laying it over him. 'Ah, this should have been one of his romantic homework', recalling the illustration from the book. Crouching down to his face, I stare openly. It's been so long since I was this close. 'It hurts,' I mouth as I clutch at my burning chest. Tears puddle my vision, so I bite my lip to keep from crying out loud.

'If I touch him, would he wake?'

His head thrashes as if saying, "No". Frown lines appear on his handsome brow. Softly, yet silently, I place my hand ontop of his.

Chul's breathing level, and in his sleep he sighs, but then utters, "I've missed you. Stay. Please. Even for a very short time."

Does he remember me? I know not, but maybe...hopefully...

Laying my head down near his arm, I breathe in this moment. He feels warm, his pulse beating at a continueous rhythm under my fingertips. 'One, two, three, four, five...' I count his pulse rate. Ahhh. 58 resting rate. He's recovered nicely.

Seconds, minutes, hour, hours go by until I notice it's 5 a.m. The sound of his breathing is deafening to my heart, and my eyes wearily flutter close. Sleep is just on my horizon as the sun is daring to rise outside. I should be leaving soon, right? He'll wake soon...right?

"Whatever. I'm so tired" I mumble as I see my hands fading. I touch his face gently as I disappear.

Cold. Wet. Hard. The floor to my bathroom is such a rude awakening. However, I smile mischievously at the beautiful swag I gained as I finger the robe.

With a glint in my eye, I pronounce, "Next time, I should carry my camera on me!"

END

Meanwhile, at a certain hotel penthouse, Representive Kang wakes from a restful sleep. "Wahhhhh! What's this?" he feels his chest. "I haven't slept so soundly in such a long time...Hmmmm. Since when?" Getting out of bed, Kang Chul feels that his day is going to get even better. Yet upon entering his bathroom he notices an oddity...his favorite bathrobe is gone! Strange. He swore he put it there the previous night. "Oh well. I best tell the housekeeper." Whipping out his phone, he calls Do Yoon to inform his housekeeper to have a new black robe available when he returns from his run.

"And call a doctor to schedule a physical; my heart feels a bit off."