Final

Our Destiny Is Laced Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our Destiny is Laced Together

By: 30flowervictory30


 

Kyuhyun had exceptional memory.

 

Sungmin didn't.

 

Kyuhyun never took much interest in others.

 

Sungmin had a crush on the other.

 

-

 

Kyuhyun was walking through the school’s main corridor, black framed glasses balancing carefully on the tip of his nose as he gripped on his heavy calculus textbook and his notebooks, whilst scurrying to his next class - mathematics.

 

Despite the school being a prestigious private high school known for winning various academic awards, it wasn't an exaggeration to say that the school was basically overflowed by students.

With more than 1000 students roaming around the student campus, it was an impossible task to match everybody’s names with their faces - even for Kyuhyun, who was known for having amazing photographic memory. (Well, maybe he didn't want to remember names - he had better things to recite anyways. Like the Heron’s formula. Or the 24th digit of Tau.)

 

Of course, the said school was well-organized, and thus it was also famous for not having any problems with low things like bullying. Still, Kyuhyun liked to keep a low profile by wearing his nerd glasses and keeping a nerdy image. He didn't fancy standing out and it wasn't like he had good looks either. (Though things may have been different if he did have the looks though.)

So he was surprised, to say the least, when an adorable-looking guy started walking towards him the said morning, looking directly and fiercely into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

Kyuhyun wondered what this cute student would say to him - or let alone say anything to him. (Curse his insecure self for thinking that.) He stopped his legs momentarily before darting his eyes around the other.

 

Kyuhyun was fast on making observations. The tie that loosely hung around the other’s neck was dark blue and grey, which indicated that the ‘cute guy’ was an upperclassman - and overall, his uniform was worn nicely, like it was designed to fit for him. The older’s face was round with brown hair and doe-like eyes of the same colour. Totally Kyuhyun’s type.

 

Damn, he was cute.

 

Too cute.

 

When the good-looking upperclassmen finally reached Kyuhyun, he was kind of in a daze - Kyuhyun could totally see the long lashes of the other and he couldn't resist himself from inhaling the older’s sweet perfume.

 

Without any warning, the said cute guy placed his rather warm hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder blades.

 

Kyuhyun flinched a little. He knew at this point that a faint blush was evident on his cheeks and he prayed to God (if there was one - Kyuhyun was kind of Atheist, and so were his parents too) that the older would not see it.

 

“Hey,” the cute brunet softly said, no emotion shown on his face, yet his voice sweet and relaxing.

 

Kyuhyun gulped, imagining what the other could possibly say to him.


 

“Your shoelaces… They’re undone. You could trip, you know.”

 

The younger didn't know what to say.

 

Kyuhyun blinked a few times in the other’s direction before he dumbly replied with an “Oh! Oh, thanks.” (He mentally slapped himself for sounding so moronic.) Unfortunately, that was all he got to say before the bell suddenly rang and snapped both students into reality. (Kyuhyun slapped himself again - why didn't he say more?)

 

And that was all the chance and moment Kyuhyun got before the other was once again lost in the sea of other students.

 

He sighed.

 

It was going to be a long day.

 

-

 

Sungmin always hated mornings.

 

He didn't like waking up early, he didn't like shoving down his breakfast in a hurry, and he most definitely did not like riding the bus to his school. Especially when he had to stand on the bus.

 

The bus wasn't a school bus, but because most of the neighbourhood kids went to the same school, the bus was always inevitably crammed with students with the same uniforms.

 

So when Sungmin entered the bus one morning, he sighed in frustration as there were no more seats available. Well, one seat was, actually. But that seat was next to the creep, Jongwoon. (Not like the students picked on him though - Jongwoon was too much of a weirdo that no one bothered with him) And the only person who was daring enough to sit there was an underclassman named Ryeowook.

 

So no, there were no seats.

 

Pouting slightly, he grabbed one of the handrails as the bus started to move slowly. He always tried sleeping on the bus, but somehow, he felt so weird and uncomfortable doing so. He couldn't read on the bus either, as he would easily get motion sickness despite the short ride to the school campus. So he just gripped harder on the rail as he tried to observe things. As usual.

 

 

 

 

He saw that on the seat at the front, a fat kid - Shindong was it? - was fast asleep, emitting soft snores. Across from him were “besties-from-birth” Donghae and Hyukjae. Behind them was a quiet kid who kept on reading books. Sungmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter