Let Me Love You

Let Me Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    "Hey, babe. Where have you been?" Sandara Park asked her boyfriend, as he wrapped his arms around her. "I thought you were hanging out with us today?"
  "Around." Kwon Jiyong answered as he buried his face deeper into the crook of his petite girlfriend's neck. Dong Youngbae watched as Dara smiled in contentment, as she closed her eyes and breathed in deep, as if savoring the fact that she had her boyfriend wrapped around her. Youngbae watched silently as the contented expression on her face turned into suspicion. She turned her head towards Jiyong's chest for a moment. He saw her expression falter and turn to sadness. She gave a sigh and saw Youngbae watching her. She gave him a small smile. Obviously, a show for his benefit.
  Damn you, Jiyong. He thought as he watched her loosen her arms around him and take a step back. She went towards where her bag was placed and took out her phone. Youngbae suspects it was to give herself some space, to get her emotions in control before facing the room again.
  Damn it. He cursed internally again. A part of him is thankful that she loves Jiyong so much. That his best friend found such an amazing girl who loves him wholeheartedly. That part is the 'best friend'. The one who is always one hundred percent loyal to the boy he grew up with. The boy who helped him achieve his dream. The boy who continually encouraged him and supported him. The boy who fought for Youngbae's dream as hard as he fought for his own. And the man he grew up to be who'll always always be in Youngbae's corner.
  The other part part of him wishes that she'd just explode and give Jiyong a piece of her mind. He's almost positive she must have smelled perfume on Jiyong's shirt. He'd bet his next single, that the perfume isn't Jiyong's. He looked at the girl that captured his best friend's heart and wished she didn't love him that much. Or maybe that Jiyong loved her better.  Or maybe that she'd love him more wisely. Not because he wants Jiyong to lose her but because he hates seeing her like this. Hurt and insecure. She's an amazing person. Beautiful inside and out. She deserves better.
  "What's up, Bae?" Jiyong finally greeted his best friend.
  "Glad you noticed I was in the room, too." Youngbae joked.
  "Well, you know when Dara is in the room I don't see anyone else." He replied with a really cheesy, love-struck smile. It was when faced with the obviously in-love Kwon Jiyong that Youngbae wonders about the disconnect between his best friend's love for Dara and his actions when he isn't around her. He sees that Jiyong's love for Dara consumes his whole being. Hell, everyone around them could see it. And yet, he wonders why there are still times when Dara cries because of Jiyong's actions.
  He saw Dara smile softly. Some of her earlier doubts probably disappearing. "Yeah. We're all aware of that fact. You get Dara-vision when you're in the same room." It's when you're not in the same room that's the problem, he added bitterly to himself.
  "That's love." Jiyong answered. "Ah, Bae-ah! I can't wait for you to feel this. I bet you'll be Mr. Romantic and treat your girlfriend like a queen." Youngbae just smiled at him, because he has felt it. He knows it and Jiyong knows it. He fell in love. Just like Jiyong. Unfortunately, unlike Jiyong she didn't love him back. "Better be careful or she might take you for granted. You should introduce her to YG Family first so we can see if she's good enough for our Taeyang."
  "If I do get a girl as great as Dara noona, I would treat her right, give her everything she wants and needs. I'd spoil her good." Youngbae replied. He saw Dara blushing from where she was sitting.
  "Youngbae, I don't doubt it. Whoever you love is a lucky girl." She told him sincerely, smiling softly at him.
  "Yeah.." He played with the water bottle he grabbed when they took a break from rehearsing for his new music video. Dara was starring in his I Need A Girl music video where Jiyong was also featuring. He and Dara have been in rehearsals for two days now since they will be filming two videos, one of which will be a dance version. "That part is easy, noona. The hard part is getting her to love me back."
  "Nonsense." Dara protested. "Just be you. You're talented and awesome and just so kind. Also, you're not-so bad looking.." She joked. "But seriously, if people could see just how you are in real life, you'd have no problem. You just have to have more confidence and let the girl you like get to know you better. Your heart is as beautiful as your smile, Dong Youngbae. Give her a chance to see that and you'll have no problem making her fall for you."
  "That part's already hard, noona." He told her referencing his infamous shyness around girls. "But even if I get close to the girl I like, there's still no assurance she'll love me back."
  "Why not?" Dara asked indignantly. "You're one of the good guys, Dong Youngbae. She'd be really lucky to have you."
  "We can't help who we love, noona." He replied meaningfully. Can she really be this clueless? Youngbae asked himself.
  Even Jiyong who was busy on his phone moments ago, looked up at Youngbae's words. He stared at his best friend and Youngbae stared right back. Dara was still ranting about how any girl would be foolish to not love Youngbae as the two men gauged each other.  Finally, Youngbae shrugged. He gave Jiyong a small smile and turned back to pay attention to Dara.

He knew his place.
  He knew her choice.
  And it wasn't him.
  Yes, he is the fool who fell in love with his best friend's girlfriend. To be fair, they weren't an item when it happened. And by the time he found the courage to confess, she had already fallen in love with his best friend.

Like he told her, you can't help you love.
  Just then, Jaewook came back in and asked Youngbae to resume their rehearsal. He nodded and stood up. "You staying, Ji?"
  He noticed Dara look at Jiyong expectantly.
  "For a bit." Jiyong answered. "Soo hyuk wants to meet up. He's just came back from a gig in Japan and says he wants to round up the crew."
  "Oh, I thought you were coming with me back to my dorm?" Dara asked in a small voice. Her plans for an evening with boyfriend crumbling.
  "Yeah. That was the plan." Jiyong nodded and rubbed his neck, smiling sheepishly. "But when I spoke with Jaewook hyung earlier, he mentioned that you'd probably take a couple more hours before you call it a day, so..."
  "Of course." Dara agreed instantly. "You'd just be bored here. And you don't have a lot of free days as it is.. So yeah.."
  "You're the best, babe!" Jiyong gave her a kiss. "It's just that Soo hyuk has been a gone a while.."
  "I understand." She answered him. "Call me when you get home."
  "I will." He gave her another kiss. "See you around, Bae. Don't overwork my baby girl."
  Dara and Youngbae watched him leave. He bumped his shoulder against hers, wanting to ask if she was okay but deciding not to. "Shall we begin, noona?" He bowed in front of her and put out his hand, in a courtly gesture.
  She laughed and placed her hand in his. "Like I said, any girl would be lucky to be loved by you, Dong Youngbae. You just have to find the right one."
  Oh, he found her. He's sure he has found her. Unfortunately, she's already found someone else.
_______________________________________
  After another grueling day of rehears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter