Intro: Yoongi

Rap God

Yoongi


"Yoongi... Yoongi.." I hear the name being called, but I'm choosing to ignore it. "Yoongi, Yoongi, wake your up!" I gave out the loudest sigh and rolled my eyes over to my care taker. It's about time I should leave the house or something, I'm sick and tired of being here, I'm sick and tired of playing these dumb games, and I'm sick and tired of this same b*tch calling my name over and over, telling me the same damn thing like things are going to change. I gave her the most profound and lazy look as I pretend I was listening to music and reading a textbook. She was pacing around, picking things up and complaining about how I never clean, how I never cook, how I'm just a filthy freeloader who does things for free and how she is putting me through college with cold cash because financial aid didn't want to bless me with enough to cover tuition. I never asked to go to college, I never asked for this at all. What's college but 4 years of collecting debt and having your children's children's children pay it off. I wasn't feeling it. 

"Yoongi, you have class in an hour and you're over here sleeping."

"I'm studying."

"You're not doing sh*t." Same old story. I didn't have the patience to deal with her. I know I have class, I know I have things I got to do, I didn't need a damn alarm clock of a so called step mother to tell me how to lead my life. I got up from off the couch and pushed the mug off the coffee table and watched it break in spite of that damn beast. She looked at the mug on the floor and then at me, but who has time for that, I went to get dress for class, grabbing a notebook and a pen, sliding on some sneakers and heading out. 

"Come home early."

"Homewrecker says what?"

"What?" I snickered and slammed the door shut, walking towards my university. I disliked her, using hate is a stronger so I'm using dislike. She thinks she can come over and take over my life since she remarried my father. She thinks she's my mom. She can never replace her. My real mom is an angel who was taken from me way too soon. It hurts me everytime I think of her, I sighed softly as I felt a hand pat the top of my head. It was the people I tolerated the most in this world. My bros, Hoseok and Namjoon, otherwise known as J-Hope and Rap Monster (respectively). We've been bros since who knows how long to be honest. They were the closest thing I had to family. I just don't tell them this.

I felt the hand on my head and a kiss on my cheek. My boys. Together, J-Hope, Rap Monster and Me, Agust D were Bulletproof Bandits. We were a rap group and create our music, kind of like underground rappers or something. It was how we bonded. We were always about the rap game. We liked that lifestyle, the one where there were girls, and drugs and money, oh the money.. the things we can do with the money. Move out of that woman's house.. get an apartment, all three of us, start working, finally be somebody.. that's always been our dreams. But for now, just underground rappers who attend this dumb college and getting poorer by the minute.

"Machine Gun Kelly!" 

"What about him?" 

"Tonight at the kindergarten- "

"My stepmother said I have to come home earlier." I said with the straightest face. Both of them looked at me with the straightest of faces as well. It didn't take us long to burst out laughing, I don't listen to her, I never did. I ordered for the two of them and slid down onto the ground while they picked up stuff for tonight. Kindergarten wasn't just a kiddie play ground, no haha, Kindergarten is our home. It's where the realest rappers came out to play. Bulletproof Bandits performed a couple times and now we were starting up our fame. It was us, against the world and now we have our own small fanbase which was great, people who went always screamed for us and stopped to talk to us in the hallways. 

Hoseok placed a couple of drinks onto the counter and paid for everything. Namjoon placed some cash in Hoseok's backpocket and slid down next to me. We were all 2nd year prisoners in this psychiatric ward called college. Hoseok was a dance major, he wanted to be a choreographer if this rap career didn't take off and Namjoon was in music, as for me, I was an English Lit major. I don't know what a degree in English literature was going to get me but it was something, I guess. I would've done music but I don't like being assigned to do something I like and I don't know how Namjoon did it. 

"So I came up with something really good for tonight." Hoseok gave us a piece of paper, it was lyrics.. and the was fire, "Even when this rain stops, the clouds go away, I stand here, just the same."

   Namjoon was doing edits and corrections, and I was munching on a potato chip, reading the lyrics, minutes before class.. a normal for us. Tonight, I feel like, we were gonna hit it big.. I was confident. "Agust D and the Bulletproof Bandits are gonna make it..."