The broken-hearted

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The broken-hearted

Victoria had always known how he was like. She knew him too well.

She had known him since she was 15. They had most of the same class together, and it was hard not to know each other. They became friends – very good friends, until she can’t help developing feelings for him. Their classmates always tease them about being so close together, and said that it was so obvious that they like each other in a romantic way. She was so happy when their classmates think that, but she always denies it because he doesn’t really show any actions that he likes her that way.

Their classmates were right.

A year later, when he asked her to be his girlfriend, she was so overwhelmed with happiness. The next day at school, they were seen walking to school together, holding hands. People in school weren’t even surprised, because they know they will be together sooner or later. She was so happy every second when she was with him. When they were not together, they will keep texting each other, where one text the other and the other replies back immediately. They were really close, and people thought that their relationship would last.

They were wrong.

3 months later, a transfer student came to their class. Their homeroom teacher assigned the transfer student to him, telling him to show her around the school and help her with anything she has problems with.

As the transfer student was having a hard time to catch up with some of the school work, he volunteered to help her in her studies. This causes them to have lesser time to spend together. She was very understanding. She doesn’t give him a hard time like other jealous girlfriends would do when their boyfriends told them that they were going to help another girl. Instead, she keeps encouraging him to help her since she has seen how the transfer student trying to cope with her studies.

And this became his daily routine.

They haven’t spent any time together for a month, and even when she texts him, he doesn’t respond like how he used to. His responses were all short and uninterested, and she knew he started to drift away. She has seen how he treated the transfer student in class. His attention was always focus on the transfer student, and when he needed something like a pen when he forgotten to bring it, he would asked the transfer student for one instead of asking her, his girlfriend. She knew his heart wasn’t with her anymore.

When they finally have the time to go for a date, they don’t talk like how they used to. He seemed uninterested in everything she said, everything she do. It’s like his mind were elsewhere. When his phone started ringing, he answered it immediately and told her that he had some important stuff to do and had to leave. Her heart shattered that moment. She forced out a smile and nod.

She knew it was the transfer student who called him. She saw the caller ID on his phone before he answered it. She knew he likes the transfer student, and based on how well she know him, he himself also knew that he likes the transfer student, but she doesn’t understand why he’s still together with her. It hurts so much that he likes someone else and still doesn’t break u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter