Sān - The Ministry

Our Little Angels

my twin tower >,<

Please.... keep your expectations low!! ^^


Lu Han had waited until the next morning to inform his lover of everything that the Doctor had told him. Kris, as Lu Han had predicted, had been incredibly furious when he’d been told about the examination and the hearing. Even though they’d always thought that children would be out of the question for them, Kris was just as happy about the idea of having babies as Lu Han was. He couldn't believe that the Ministry was willing to force his lover to have an abortion, simply because he was a werewolf.

As soon as Lu Han had given him this bit of news, Kris had set off for the Ministry at once, in a towering rage over the treatment his lover was being forced to endure. Lu Han, not wanting to draw any more attention to himself than was absolutely necessary, had chosen to stay at home. He had, however, asked Chanyeol to go with Kris so that someone would be there to keep him in line. That was why, the morning after Lu Han and Baekhee had found out that they were both pregnant, Chanyeol and Kris could be found, not at home celebrating their impending fatherhood, but storming through the lobby of the Ministry of Suncheon City. Well, Kris was storming; Chanyeol was running several yards behind him, trying to keep up.

Chanyeol had no idea what Kris planned to accomlish by visiting the Ministry. All he knew was that his best friend was now on a veritable rampage, searching for the Head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, most likely so that he could give the man a piece of his mind, for all the good it would do. Kris knew as well as Chanyeol did that Kim Youngmin, a rather fat short-tempered man. Everyone at the Ministry knew the man by reputation, if not through any personal dealings with him, and no one liked him. Kim Youngmin was the one responsible for most of the recent anti-werewolf legislation, and it was not at all likely that he would raise a finger to help Lu Han. The simple fact was that the man absolutely hated (and feared) anyone who wasn't techinically fully human. Unfortunately, Kim Youngmin was also the only one with the authority to help Lu Han and Kris's case at the moment, as the Committee that would be hearing it had not been chosen from the department members yet.

****

As it turned out, Chanyeol had been right to fear that their visit wouldn't accomplish anything. In fact, it had more than likely hurt their case, as Kris was now no longer allowed to accompany Lu Han during his examination. This angered Kris to know end; he knew Lu Han hated going to the Ministry at all, and he never liked to go alone. It was almost as if he was afraid that he might be arrested just for being there. One week later, Kris was still fuming over what he'd been told by Kim Youngmin. Sometimes, he found it hard to believe that he lived in same world with that evil man.

As Kris pulled on his workclothes, he called into the kitchen, "Hannie, you sure you'll be alright meeting those people by yourself? I know how much you hate going there."

"I'll be fine, Fan.." Lu Han called back as he finished cooking their breakfast. "..it's not as though I've never gone to the Ministry by myself, love."

"I know that," Kris said, as he walked into the small kitchen. He wrapped his arms around Lu Han's waist and placed a light kiss on his lips. Grabbing a piece of bacon, Kris said, " But I also know prejudiced those unpleasant in the Magical Creatures Department can be. I just don't like the thought of them hurting you. Hhmmm, this is good love." Tossing another piece of bacon into his mouth before Lu Han could swat his arm away, Kris kissed him once more on the cheek before going to the cupboard and getting out two plates.

"Yifan, I know you're concerned, but I hardly think anyone's going to torture me," Lu Han said as he took two pieces of toast out of the toaster.

"Still, just be careful, will you? And hey..." Kris said, as they sat down at their small table and served each other breakfast, "....if you get finished by two, why don't you come up to my studio and we can go somewhere for lunch? Come up there anyway, even if you aren't done by then, actually. I'll probably be bored from all the photoshoot Joonmyeon's going to have me to do; especially with his new bratty model named Oh Sehun, damn he’s really giving me headache."

Lu Han chuckled lightly. "Alright. As long as I won't be distracting you from your work," he said as he buttered his toast.

"Are you kidding?" Kris scoffed. "Of course you'll be distracting me from my work. But it'll be a very welcome distraction, believe me," he said, leaning across the table for another kiss. "Hhmm.." he said as their lips met. "..you're the best kind of distraction there is."

****

A few hours later, Lu Han was sitting in a waiting room just outside of Kim Youngmin's office with two other men, one of whom was clearly a werewolf like himself. He was supposed to meet with the Department Head, in order to answer a few questions the Ministry had, before seeing the person appointed to give him his physical exam. To say that Lu Han was nervous would be an understatement. Despite what he'd told Kris earlier, he was also a bit concerned about this meeting. He wished Kris had been allowed to come with him, but it was pointless to dwell on that. He'd assured Kris that if by any chance, something did go wrong, he would 'call’ him, using the mindlink that all werewolves shared with their mates.

Suddenly, the door to Lu Han's right opened, and a young blonde woman in light purple robes stepped out. She might have been pretty, if she wasn't wearing quite as much make-up it made her look like a two bit hooker. "Mr. Lu?" She called in a sickly sweet sort of voice. He nodded slightly at her, and stood up. As he approached her, she said, "Mr. Kim will see you now," before stepping back and letting him enter. "Don't worry, Mr. Lu.." the woman said, with what would have been an encouraging smile from anyone else, but on her, it simply gave the impression that she was constipated. "..Mr. Kim knows how to deal with your sort of case."

The blonde woman showed him through her own small office and right to a large, chestnut door that clearly led to Mr. Kim's office. She knocked lightly on the door before opening it. "Sir?" She called into the room. "Mr. Lu is here for his appointment."

"Yes, thank you Sunyoung" came a gruff voice from within the room. "Show the werewolf in then," he said impatiently. Lu Han frowned slightly at the term 'werewolf'. He did have a name, after all. Nonetheless, he nodded politely at the woman as she quite unsincerely wished him luck before he stepped into the room.


Here the 3rd chapter! Thank's for the wait and please enjoy it!! ^^