First

The Stardust Clan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Oh! Xiumin! Come on!" The brown hair girl whined at the boy in front of her who was glaring at the window, trying to break the glass surface if it was possible. This girl in front of him was really annoying.

" I told you.. I can't make it. So, the meeting is cancel."

" Why?"

" What?" Minseok eyed the girl suspiciously. She was the vice president and her named, JaeHee. She pouted for the last time and slamed her hands hard on Minseok's table, startling everyone in the class. She puffed out her cheeks and turned her heels to go to her seat.

" I just want to spend some of my time staring at you, Minseok idiot! That's why I want to have the meeting, you punk! What am I talking about?! Haishhhh!!!" 

Minseok just stared blankly at JaeHee's back head when the said girl was already pulling her own hairs in frustration. Minseok snorted. He already knew for ages that JaeHee liked her. Very very much. Glaring for the last time to the other students to make sure all of them went to their seats and just kept their mouths shut, Minseok then continued his job to glare at the glass window.

 

 

 

 

" Huh? What are you talking about?" Yifan was confused. His friends, Chanyeol and Lay laughed but not so loudly. They didn't want to piss off the president and the vice president who looked like they were stuck in a serious talk across the class where their cold president was glaring death to the poor window.

" Kris, how come you're so innocent," Chanyeol said, high fiving Lay. Yifan frowned.

" What do you just mean.."

" Nothing," Chanyeol sent him a cheeky naughty smile that could make you shudder. Then Lay was already singing something like ' I am a ' over and over again.

" Just stop, Zhang Yixing!" He hit the said boy head, earning an 'ouch' from the naive boy. Chanyeol asked him to sing that song. Chanyeol chuckled.

" That's hurt, man!"

" Whatever. I'm not going."

" Oh~ come on. Just one night," Chanyeol begged, jutting out his bottom lip and widening his eyes as pitiful as he could. Lay was patting the younger boy's head.

" No."

" Yifan is no fun," Lay said in a monotone voice.

" The girls won't eat you at the club. Please..." Chanyeol begged more, jutting out his lips more.

" N-" SLAM!!!!! The loud slam of the table made everyone jumped one feet in the air. Startled and shocked. Chanyeol immediately straightened his body, scared. They looked at the direction across the class. They saw JaeHee almost making holes on the floor with her powerful steps. While their president, Minseok was sending daggers at the girl's head. Yifan saw the way their president's face grimace slightly in a fast movements, no one would notice the simple action. Slowly and painfully, Minseok turned to all of them with a menacing glare ever, making everyone rushing on their feet to take a seat. Yifan was more than amused when everyone shut their mouths up, scared. Then, Minseok went back to his job, glaring at the window.

" I don't know why...but... Don't you think the window will exactly break one day?" Lay asked dumbfounded. Chanyeol was slapping his own face in the background.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok was walking down the hallway calmly without sparing anyone a glance. He heard all the whispers and he noticed all the stares that were coming toward his moving body. Some of the students even stepped back to make a way for Minseok. But, he pay no attention at all. These students never respected him but only scared when they saw him. That was really annoying. He wasn't a monster. He just a human...okay..maybe a little unique in some way. Minseok glued his eyes on the phone in his hands. Suddenly, he collided with someone.

" Oh!" Minseok was about to pay no attention but he saw the student fell to the floor. Not only that, Minseok haeard something like metal collided loudly against the floor. When he trailed his eyes to the white metal rod laying on the floor, Minseok knew that he shouldn't be that cruel. And of course because he was a president.

" Are you okay?" Minseok asked. Some students mostly girls flew aimlessly in the air when they heard how calm and smooth his voice sounds. The student who was still on the floor looked bewildered and confused, hands couldn't stay still. Minseok touched his hand and bring it to the rod beside him.

" Mmm.. Thank you. I - I'm sorry. I didn't mean that to happen," he apologised, hugging the rod to his chest. Minseok hummed, standing up.

" I think you can stand on your own. I'll go now," Minseok declared his departure. He slowly stepped away.

" Waited!" Minseok stopped on his track, didn't turn to look at the student.

" I- I'm new here. C-can you please help me go to the school office?" He asked, fidgeting. Minseok spun his body around looking straight into that blank brown eyes. He was trying to read the blind student's mind but he only saw a white blank space in his head. Maybe he wasn't lying that he was a new student so that was why Minseok could read nothing.

" Hahhhh.." Minseok sighed. He approached the student.

" Let me help you," he offered, taking the blind student's not surprisingly small hand, judging from his petite body. He helped him to stand up.

" Thanks..mmm.. I'm Junmyeon.."

" Xiumin," Minseok said his nickname. This Junmyeon guy looked a bit confused.

" Are you Chinese?" Junmyeon frowned. Minseok couldn't help to smile.

" No."

" Then?" Minseok pulled Junmyeon by his hand without he even realising. He didn't know why but Junmyeon was vibrating a warm aura around his petite body.

" You'll know one day."

" Oh? That's mean we will meet again,right?"  Junmyeon asked, not really aware to his surrounding. Minseok smiled his tiny smile, making the school exploded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Are you sure? Aish!!! I'm died! I'm died!" JaeHee pulled her hairs dramatically. Her friends awkwardly smiled. With a puff cheeks, she turned her heels without thanking both of her friends.

" Jaehee could be something sometimes."

" I heard that!!!!!" Jaehee came to them in a full speed, knocking everyone in the process. Her hairs flew back, showing how scary she could be.

" I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!" the satan appeared and flipped over the school.

 

 

" What the?" Yifan deadpan when he saw the strange event in front of his eyes. He stopped dribbling the ball, mouth open wide. Jaehee was running after her friends maniacally. This just reminded him of the zombie in 'Train to Busan'.

" Girls," a teacher, Mr Han commented while sending Yifan a cheeky smile. The older man then walked away.

" Jaehee," Yifan called out, trying hard to avoid some crazy movements coming from the vice president. Turning her head to the side, the zombie in her body gone when he saw Yifan's handsome face.

" Oh! Kris!!"

" What are you doing?" Yifan blinked his eyes innocently. Both of Jaehee's friends fainted. Yifan chuckled amusedly.

" Hahahaha. Nothing. We are just kidding. Right guys?!" Jaehee hit her friends' backs painfully when they had recovered.

" Yes!"

" Yes! We are just kidding!"

" O..kay.... So, what this is all about?" Yifan tilted his head to the side. JaeHee hummed, thinking.

" OH! YES! I REMEMBER NOW!!!" Yifan thought his eardrums almost explode. JaeHee's mouth could be really loud.

" Can you just calm down?" Yifan smiled in displeasure.

" Oh my god, I'm sorry guys. Today, we have a new transfer student. Mrs Lee told me to get her or him at school office. But, when I went there...... There is no one. I think I walked too slow and annoyed this new transfer student."

" So?"

" I can't find her or him!!" JaeHee hissed, annoyed because she need to repeat 'her or him' because she didn't know if the new student was a girl or a boy.

" Oh my god, Jaehee. You're just stuffing too much things in your head," One of her friends, Syika said.

" No! That's not only it! What if this new student lost?!"

" This school is not that big," Hana commented even though all of them knew how big this school was.

" Yes, Hana is right," Yifan smiled sweetly.

" No! That's not the problem!

" Then, what is it?" Yifan eyed her.

" This new student is BLIND!!!!!"

 

 

 

 

Yifan ended up helping JaeHee finding the new student. He went everywhere but he still couldn't find someone that he never meet in this school. Well, Yifan was quite communicative even his face shows otherwise. Yifan really got the urge to use his unique way to find the new student but in the same time he didn't want to freak the students out. He could just sigh.

" I saw a new guy today."

" Oh, really?"

" Yeah.. But, poor thing he is blin-" Yifan gripped the student's arm immediately. He didn't mean to startle him.

" I'm sorry... But, where did you see him?" Yifan gripped him harder. Now, he knew the new student was a boy. Jaehee would be really glad.

" Errr... I think he walk aimlessly to school backyard," he replied, suffocating. Yifan bow deeply and ran to the said place.

" That's weird."

 

 

 

 

 

When Yifan arrived, he immediately scanned the place. His eyes then dropped upon the small body that was walking without direction. Yifan let out a relief sigh, still eyeing the boy who was far across the pond. But, Yifan could feel his neck hairs straightened up in fright when he saw the boy was inching closer to the pond.

" WATCH OUT!!!" Yifan shouted loudly but it was too late. That boy slipped from his feet. His brown eyes widen in shock. Yifan didn't realise what happen, but he could feel the flame from his feet. He knew he was pressing his feet too strong against the soil, but then he let his body cut through the air in a crazy full speed.

" Ahhhh!!!" Before that boy could even touch the water, Yifan gripped his hand and pulled him harshly to collide against his firm chest.

" Offth-!" Yifan lost his balance and both of them felt to the ground. Yifan groaned because he had bumped his head too hard to the ground.

" I'm sorry, are you okay?" The blind boy was fidgeting, trying to straighten up his body. Yifan ruffled his own hairs, trying to get up.

" It's okay," Yifan replied, holding out his hand for the boy. But, the boy didn't make any sign to move. Yifan was staring into those brown eyes then realisation hit him. Those eyes were blank even though they were sparkling under the sunlight.

" Oh! I'm sorry!" Yifan panicked. He knelt down and held the boy's hand.

" I'm Yifan."

" Junmyeon."

 

" Kim Junmyeon.."

2 months later,

 

" Good morning, Minseok," Minseok turned away from the window to eyed the sunshine beside him.

" Hey," Minseok said, trying too sound halfhearted. Junmyeon smiled, looking at Minseok with his blank eyes.

" Have you finished your homeworks?" Minseok asked. He would always ask that question to Junmyeon everyday. He wasn't trying to be busybody, he just really concerned with Junmyeon. Junmyeon nodded his head smiling widely. It has been 2 months they were being desksmate. Practically, Minseok really loved Junmyeon's presence. And yes... Junmyeon loved Minseok's presence too.

" Good then," Minseok smiled.

" Good morning, Junmyeon.. P-president," Yifan awkwardly smiled at Minseok who immediately turned to his best friend, Mr. Window. Junmyeon chuckled because he could sense Yifan's awkwardness.

" Junmyeon, do you want to go to library today?"

" Yes."

" Can you help me borrow some books? You know, I never go to library before," Yifan sheepishly said. Junmyeon chuckled at him.

" Yes. I can help you."

" Help me borrow some books too," Minseok turned to them, eyeing Yifan with his icy cold stare. Yifan gulped.

" Huh? Why an expert like you need my help, Minseok?"

" It's what I call curiosity. I just want to know your point of view."

" Brilliant! We can go together!" Yifan exclaimed excitedly. Junmyeon could only laugh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Now, turn to page 245," Mrs Lee said then she turned to the whiteboard writing something on the white surface. The class was quiet only sound of flipping pages could be hear. Mrs Lee then turned around to face her students again.

" Now, who want to volunteer to explain to me what i-..."

" Mrs Lee."

" I'm talking here, SookHan. What I'm trying to say bef-"

" THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM MRS LEE!!!!" SookHan shouted, shocking everyone. All of them turned to the said boy. Mrs Lee tried not to piss off.

" What it is?"

" LOOK!!!" SookHan pointed his finger to the window. All of them even Minseok who wasn't glaring at the window for surprisingly 3 hours, turned to look out the window. Students were gasping in fright. Minseok's eyes widen in pure terror. Junmyeon tried to reach his hand that Minseok immediately take in his.

" What's happening?" Junmyeon asked, scared. He didn't like hearing the gasps from their friends. Minseok couldn't find his voice to answer the desperate boy beside him.

" We are doom," Yifan's voice could be hear clearly in the seemingly shocked and quiet class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Is everyone already here?" Mr Jang, the principal asked through the microphone. Every class monitor stood up, making sure all of their classmates were there. Minseok, Jaehee and other council students were lining up at the side of the hall. Some teachers were gathering around Minseok and JaeHee, talking. But the major part of teachers were on the stage, standing here and there concerned and nervous.

Junmyeon sat quietly. Beside him was Yifan and his gang. He still wasn't sure what was happening.

" Hyung, we are going to be okay,right? Chanyeol asked Yifan, he looked just like a little boy being caught stealing cookies in the jar. Yifan sighed but Lay being the positive minded he was, patted the younger boy's head.

" Everything is going to be fine, Yeolie."

" Yifan.." Junmyeon tried to reach the Chinese boy's hand. Yifan took the small hand, comforting him. The taller boy hummed in respond.

" Yifan, can you tell me what's happening? Where's Minseok? Is he okay?" Junmyeon asked, sound much like pleading. Yifan sighed. He turned his head to the right. He saw Minseok standing with both of his arms crossing his chest. The president was eyeing the principal on the stage with a serious gaze. While, the old man was talking to comfort all the worried and scared student. Yifan then turned to Junmyeon back.

" Yes. He is okay."

" I don't know how to tell you...." Yifan paused, looking out the large glass window of the hall. He moved his eyes to look at the seemingly unwelcoming sky.

" The sky out there is really creepy."

" Why, Yifan?" Junmyeon inched up closer to Yifan. While Chanyeol on the other hand, back away from the taller boy to hug Lay. Lay patted the younger boy's head understandingly.

" It's really dark. The wind was really harsh. I can see light things are flying in the air right now. And... Junmyeon, it's good that you can't see because I think I will be useless if you see this."

" What are you talking about, Yifan?"

" I don't want you to be scared.... But... There is a big black hole with lightning on the sky. This is not something that we can call a rare phenomenon. It's just really insane!" Yifan whispered. He hugged Junmyeon when he could sense the boy was scared.

" H-how about my parent?"

" Don't worry. They are coming. Everyone's parents are coming. That's why we are in the hall," Yifan tried to soothe Junmyeon, patting his head. Yifan was more than sure he could sense a really powerful dark aura coming from the dark sky. He could feel how his spine feeling like want to break. He felt nervous and itchy. He was thirsty. He didn't know why.

" Hey, guys" Minseok approached his own class, greeting everyone. All of their heads perk up. When they saw Minseok was smiling, relief washed over them. It was really comforting when you could see the president's smile.

" Everything is going to be okay. Don't worry," Minseok said, almost saying that to himself. He too could feel the butterflies in his stomach. His genius brain couldn't really functioning that day. Then, Minseok went to sit beside Junmyeon who was looking lost. He looked over Junmyeon's shoulder, only to find a pale face Yifan. Yifan was too quiet.

" Yifan, Junmyeon. Are you guys okay?" Minseok touched Junmyeon's hand. The said boy nodded halfheartedly. Yifan was groaning.

" I.. I.. Need to go to the restroom. I.. I'm sorry," Yifan stuttered. He ran to one of the teachers to ask for permission. The teacher nodded and Yifan ran away to the hall restroom.

" Minseok..."

" Hmmm..."

" We will be okay, right?" Minseok turned to face Junmyeon when he asked him that. Minseok concentrated and try to unfold Junmyeon's mind but like always he only found a white blank space in Junmyeon's mind. For 2 months he had tried to read the blind's boy mind. All the efforts went for waste. Minseok wasn't sure but somehow he could tell that Junmyeon was a unique normal human. Yes, there was sometime he thought Junmyeon had something other people didn't have just like him. But, he dismissed the thought immediately.

" Yes... I think so..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yifan rushed into the restroom, almost tearing down the door. Anxiously, he walked around the rest room to make sure no one was there. He even lied down on his stomach to look if there was someone in the bathrooms. When there was no one, Yifan ran to the restroom door and locked it. Yifan was sweating and he was thirsty. The taller boy made his way to the sink and washed his face while taking a gulp of the water.

" What's wrong with me?" Yifan asked no one, staring at his reflection in the mirror. He could feel how his body was burning inside. Yifan held up his own palm slightly. A flame symbol appeared slowly but vanished in a split second when someone suddenly knocked the door.

" Yifan, are you okay?" He heard someone asked. Yifan was fidgeting nervously because he knew that voice was belonged to the president. He didn't know if he should answer the question or not.

" Kris?.... Yifan?" Minseok tried again. The 'Kris' name felt a bit strange on his tongue because he would prefer to call the Chinese boy as Yifan. The name sounded welcoming.

" Wu Yifan..." Yifan knew Minseok wasn't joking if he called someone with their full name. Yifan a deep breath and opened the door.

" Mmm... Yes?"

" Why.are.you.not.answering. me." Minseok eyed him, monotone voice came out from his mouth painfully. Yifan smiled sheepishly. Minseok stayed quiet.

" What am I going to say? Because I feel itchy? Because I'm scared? That's it? No. President won't take that as a good answer. He will think I just want to avoid his question. Oh my god. What am I going to say? Yifan, think. Think, Yifan." Yifan was frowning really hard. With a lazy wave of his hand, Minseok dismissed him.

" I just want to make sure all of my classmates are okay. Don't need to tell me if you don't want to because I didn't want to know either," Minseok said, glaring at the wall. Then, he spared Yifan a glance before he walked away. Yifan sighed.

" That's close."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Are you okay,dear?" Mrs Kim took Junmyeon's hand, leading him to their car.

" Yes,umma. Don't worry. Did appa come here too?" Junmyeon asked. Before his mother could answer, Mr Kim tapped Junmyeon's shoulder.

" Don't worry. I'm here too. We are going home as fast as could. Now, both of you get in the car," Mr Kim smiled warmly. Junmyeon nodded, feeling relief. He knew he could trust his appa really well. And yes his umma too.

" Wear your seatbelt, Myeon," his umma told him. Junmyeon was about to search for the seatbelt but his father was quick. He put the seatbelt on for his only son.

" Thanks, appa."

" No. Don't worry," Mrs Kim smiled seeing how his husband was taking care of their son. Mr Kim then hopped onto the driver's seat. The car moved calmly from the school yard.

" The weather is terrible today," Mrs Kim commented, looking through the glass window. Her husband hummed, turning on the radio.

" Residents were advised to take shelter in a safe place. Please cancel all outdoor activities for this meantime. The government is taking precautions right now. It is feared that the weather will continue for a relatively long time. Research are underway to identify this rare phenomenon."

" Hahhh... What's happening actually?" Mrs Kim sighed. She spared his son a glance and couldn't fight the smile when she saw the boy was already asleep.

" Let him," Mr Kim commented, smiling warmly to his beloved wife.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Is grandpa okay?" Minseok asked the driver. He was worried about the old man's condition. Before, his grandpa called him to pick his grandson up. But, being a good boy he was, Minseok declined. His grandpa's health wasn't that really good. Minseok couldn't imagine how his life would be if his grandpa was gone. Minseok had been in his grandpa's care even when he was just 7 years old boy. His grandpa once told him that his parents had died in car accident. Minseok never asked him anym

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter