:: chapter one ::

Started With A Kiss

Yeah, together. Who else?


It was 10 o'clock in the evening. 

Arin had already left due to her parents not wanting her to stay out too late. Hyuni had left because of her boyfriend with the same reason. So, he picked her up here and they left together. They had asked me for a ride and happily, I accepted and started packing my stuff in her bag. I followed them out as soon as I finished and hopped into their car, expecting to be awkward on their way to East Campus.

Once we had reached East Campus, I thanked them for the ride and told Hyuni not to drink too much. Her boyfriend smiled and let out a small laugh, "She probably will, but thanks for worrying, Jiu," Both said their goodbyes to me and drove away to their next destination, which I'm assuming a party at a friend's house. She can't hold it in well, I remembered the time we stayed up at her place and she wouldn't stop drinking until Jiho arrived. Arin and I don't drink.

Good times, I smiled as I remembered before Arin and I started our first year in college. Nearby, the library lights were on. I guess staying up late in the library is finally allowed, I walked towards the library entrance and entered the building, feeling the sudden warmth as I stepped inside. It started to get cold here as it was nearing the end of autumn.

"Jiu!" Someone whispered shouted. I noticed it was only Nayoung who greeted me with a rare smile, "Studying late again?" She asked, ready to pick up the pile of books in front of her.

I nodded my head as I smiled back, "Yeah. Working late I see," I helped her pick up the next stack beside hers, "I'll help out for a bit. I have a test tomorrow morning."

"It's fine, Jiu," She refused, "I'm almost finish anyway."

I shook my head and carefully placed the books on my arms, holding them tightly, "It's only ten. I've already started studying after dinner," I said.

Nayoung smiled again, "Thanks, Jiu. Those books go into the far aisle."

We separated our ways inside the library, walking from aisle to aisle and putting back the books where they belong. It wasn't that hard of a job, but carrying books daily and putting them back is definitely an arm workout. I bet she can beat me in arm wrestling match, I laughed at the thought and continued to look around the shelves for the right barcode to place back a book.

Checking the time, it was half past ten. I had already finished putting back the books I carried, walking around and looking for Nayoung in one of the aisles. I found her near the counter and decide to scare a little. She wouldn't be that scare though, I remembered the time I tried to scare her, but she gave no reaction except turn around and shook her head. Of course she wouldn't react much. She's got the nickname 'Stone Buddha' for a reason, I shake my head and walked towards the counter.

"Thanks for helping out again, Jiu," Nayoung said, giving me a light pat on the shoulder, "I'm going to go ahead. Can you walk home on your own in the dark?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Okay. I'll see you whenever," She waved at me with a small smile and exited the library.

After she left, I yawned and stretched out my arms. I have about an hour and a half left to study, I checked the time again and glanced around the desks near the windows, hoping to find an empty space for me to study at. There was one at the far corner and I started to walk to the empty desk at the corner. Once I had reached the desk, I quietly placed my bag on top and took out my notebook, textbook, coloured pens and highlighters.

I turned the textbooks pages over quickly to save some time reading the context, "Right here," I put my finger against the page, pointing to the paragraph I left at before I left the cafe.

Minutes later, I started to feel drowsy and kept yawning as I read. My eyes started to blur and I knew I had to stop and take a nap or rest my eyes. I took out my earphones and plugged it in my phone, scrolling through playlists, pressed play and put plugged one bud inside to one of my ears.

I yawned again, holding onto the pen and continued to write. Thirty more minutes, I take a deep breath and continued writing notes, which turned into sloppy notes and I gave up trying to continue to write.

I'll just sleep until the next morning, I lay my cheek down against my notebook, closing my eyes and hoping fate will give me a good mark tomorrow.

As I slept, I could still feel my cheek against the cold page of my notebook. However, I didn't realize someone, familiar or not, would push a piece of my hair away from my face. I felt the warm air hit half of my face while my eyes were still closed. I heard a sudden noise of a wrapped beside me and slowly, I opened my eyes and noticed who was causing the noise.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" A familiar voice said.

"Oh, it's just you, Jisoo," I didn't bother lifting my head up and kept my eyes closed, "What time is it?"

"It's eight in the morning," Jisoo said after checking his wrist watch.

"Eight in the morning?! Oh my god, I'm late," I jolted my head upwards and started packing up quickly, "I can't believe I'm going to be late," I groaned in frustration, grasping onto my bag and running towards the library exit. I'm dead if I'm one minute late, I ran as fast as I could to the dorms, took the nearest short cut and opened the door to my dorm. No make up is fine, I  grabbed a clean white tee and a pair of jeans, jumping up and down to put them on.

"What time is it now?" I asked myself, checking my alarm clock.

8:15 AM

"Okay! I can catch up," It's only a five minute run from here and I might manage to get inside the class before the professor could close the door, locking me out, which means lecture for being late. Let's hope she's in a good mood today, I  say to myself and wished for good things to happen when bad things are happening.

There's the door, I ran faster towards the door, tripping against my shoelace and landed face first against the floor. Fortunately, my professor had noticed my accident.

"Miss Jiu, are you okay?" She helped me up slowly, "I was just about to close the door until I heard a sudden oof sound," She laughed childishly. She didn't mean to though. I would have laughed if I had saw a student fall too, I thought the same.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you," I said and patted my head to make sure I didn't have a bump, "Sorry I'm late for class, Professor," I apologized after I stood up and managed to maintain my balance.

"That's alright, Miss Jiu. Next time, be in time so you wouldn't have to fall and trip again," She patted my shoulder and I followed her into the classroom. Thank goodness I tripped, I let out a sigh of relief as I walked up the stairs and sat down where I am usually seated.

After class, I went to the washroom to fix myself a little bit. I took out my hair brush, my tooth brush, some toothpaste and my contacts case. I removed my glasses and washed my face before putting on my contacts. Next, I combed my hair gently and then, brushed my teeth before going out. Damn, I feel fresh, I thought to myself, feeling as if I'm in a commercial for whatever I had done. Pantene commerical material right here.

I didn't have any classes schedule after my mini disastrous morning accident before class started. So, I planned on dropping by the cafe and order myself a cup of cold coffee to wake me up.

"Jiu!" Jisoo called up front, "Over here!" He waved his hand at me and I jogged towards him with a light smile.

"Hey!" I greeted.

He smiled, "I was wondering if you want to hang out with my friends and I," He asked, "I told you I would introduce you to them, but you never made time to."

"I'm a first year and you're a second year," I said as I crossed my arms, "I really want to go into university some day and get a career too," I shrugged my shoulders and answered his question, "And yeah, I wouldn't mind if they don't mind me coming along."

"Hey, I study too and don't worry. I'm sure they won't mind," He reassured with a pat on the shoulder, "I've already told them a little bit about you."

"Are you sure you told them a little bit?" I questioned, raising a brow suspiciously.

"Yes," He responded, "Now, let's go."

"Hold on. It's just us walking? We aren't waiting for someone else to come or," I looked behind me curiously.

He shook his head, "Yeah, just us. Who else?" He smiled.


I'm not cheating on my bias, hansol.

I am loyal, faithful to my bias.

*cute photo of minghao*

I AM SO SORRY HANSOL BUT MINGHAO IS A CUTE LIL FLUFF BALL THAT I CAN NOT LEAVE.

Hah, jokes! I still love Hansol. Minghao will always be my second bias under him. :"3