Windows Are For Opportunities

Love Is Four Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: The characters are kind of based on their real life counterparts, but I have changed some things about them to fit my story. 

I’m not the type of guy to have a huge group of friends. I’ve spent most of my life at school alone. My parents died when I was 10. I currently live with my older sister Ahra. For the past 8 years, it has been just us. She has her friends and I have her. I’m a simple man.

It’s October and my sister decides to move to Watervalley, a neighborhood in central Bascou. She says it’s good for me to attend Watervalley High School, a school with well over 2,000 students as opposed to a small 500-student academy that was 2 hours from our home.  Travelling back and forth was very tiring, but I say it was for my future. Ahra did not agree and decided it was time that I lived a normal life. On the bright side, this school is known to produce many great doctors because of its outstanding science department… I kinda really want to be a doctor when I get older.

I’m a month shy of my eighteenth birthday, yet I still haven’t made a friend in my entire life. Ahra keeps telling me that I should go get a girlfriend. But heck, absolutely no one would ever fall for a thing like me, nor would I want anyone to do so. I simply consume oxygen and exhale CO2. My purpose in this world has already been decided for me. I have my entire life planned out.  Luckily, no one else is in my life to distract me. I will use my brain to save others behind a surgical mask rather than behind a love note or an Instagram photo.

All I want to do is finish up my senior year here in May and go off to college. That’s all I want to get out of this year. No one knows who I am or what my reason is. The last thing I need is attention. As I grip the ends of my uniform blazer, I watch all the other kids stare at me, my future classmates they are. They whisper words to each other that I cannot nor will not hear. I don’t care about anyone else’s opinion-

“Everyone please welcome our new student Kyuhyun Cho!”

.

“He comes from a small school,” Ms. Bishop expresses with much enthusiasm, “and he was the smartest kid there. Imagine that! What a great addition to our school!”

What? Why!? Why is she talking?! This teacher is ruining the image that I carefully prepared! I am not someone who needs everyone in the halls to know my name. Nope!

“So, Kyuhyun, will you introduce yourself?” Ms. Bishop asked me. I think I was too busy drowning out her annoying voice to realize she was talking to me and,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter