Chapter 3

Betrayed.

          For the whole night, Soo Yeon was a deadbeat after downing an immense amount of alcohol. The party was still alive. With her left hand holding up her head and the right still gripping the shot glass, she grossly watched the men around her be mostly shirtless and sweaty, swinging each other by the shoulders while trot songs thundered with each heavy breath they took. 

          "Can you guys be quiet?!" She flung the shot glass into the crowd of pigs, grabbed the soju bottle before swinging it back. Only a drop came out. "Where's all the alcohol?" 

          "You drank it all." In Guk replied. He wasn't happy either and expressed it by giving her a cold, drowsy, drunken stare. 

          "What?" Soo Yeon stood up, but she was having a hard time staying still as her body swayed. "I didn't drink that much. I only drank..." She began counting her fingers and then she was too intoxicated to realize she didn't have enough fingers and lost count. Her arms slumped to her sides and formed a childish pout. At this point of her drunken state, Soo Yeon turned into a child, short tempered, unlogical, and comical. Opposite from her sober self. 

          "Jeez, you always chug the alcohol until there's nothing. If we had an unlimited amount of alcohol you'd already drink up an ocean!" Taecyeon chimed in, gulping down water from his glass cup while reaching a handful of dried squid. Unlike the rest of the group, he was the only one who didn't like the taste of alcohol. 

          Soo Yeon then laid her drowsy eyes on Taeyeon's cup. "Gaesaekki!" Her eyes instantly flared. "You liars." She snatched the cup right out of his hands and swung the drink down . "Who the crap bought this? This is the tiest alcohol I've ever drunk. Tastes like water." She complained, smearing her lips dry. 

          The group was speechless at first, but they all erupted with laughter as soon as they heard Soo Yeon. 

          "Holy. She's so drunk she can't even tell the difference between alcohol and water." In Guk howled, slapping the table while wheezing from laughing so hard. 

          "Where's Tae Hwan?" Soo Yeon spun around but wasn't able to spot him anywhere. 

          "Probably upstairs." Woo Bin said, swiftly spinning a butterfly blade between his fingers. He stops and faces Soo Yeon. "You're not scared. Are you? This is a chance to swim with the sharks." His hawk-like eyes looming closer towards Soo Yeon. 

          "I am. I've trained almost my whole life getting ready to throw it away to avenge my family. And I'm not letting YOU of all people make the call on my life." Soo Yeon replied, particularly biting every word that came out of . She left the table, deciding some cold air to relieve her red cheeks and finding Tae Hwan was a lot better than being near Woo Bin. But she had to be completely honest; she was ready for a long time. 

          As she reached the ladder, all ability to climb suddenly went out the window. Her drunken hands were desperately trying to grasp onto the bars. Ultimately failing to do so once she fell to the ground, landed square on her bottom. Tae Hwan must've heard her groaning from outside because the shaft door opened and peering in was Tae Hwan. He looked down surprised to find Soo Yeon one of their deadliest killer on the ground, defeated. Seeing that there was no way Soo Yeon could climb on her own despite her perseverance, he dropped down. 

          "Man, you drank a lot..." Tae Hwan stepped away from her, waving the alcohol smell away. 

          "Tae Hwan...." She wobbled up from the ground and shrugged her body towards Tae Hwan. Surprisingly, the emotionless and distant computer hacker, without a word, allowed her head to slump on his shoulder.

"Do you know how badly I want to up everyone that was involved in my family's death?"

His voice softer than usual replied. "You really want to infiltrate the government?" 

"Yeah..." Soo Yeon sleepy eyes close for a moment, her consciousness faded in and out and disregarding everything that happened in the past that got her where she was now. Just for a moment...


Author's notes:

Yeah, I got kinda busy. D: