Chapter 1

Betrayed.

            "Dispatching"

            Soo Yeon clicks the magazine in and plants her right eye in the long scope of her sniper rifle. She wraps her index finger on the trigger, her heart pumping faster, hot blood thundering from head to toe. She was ready to kill.

            Over in the far distance, the colossal prison can be seen. Tall chain link fences with barbed wires can be seen surrounding the impenetrable like building with heavy armed marching guards to match with it. Around the prison there were small patches of grass, thorns, jagged rocks and more rough inescapable terrain. A prison like this can be only inescapable in the dark.

            "Dispatch confirmed."  She grinned and wrapped her fingers on the handle of her gun tightly. Soo Yeon casts her eyes again in the scope, scoping around and spotting the targets. Down below, there were armed guards in observation towers. Who'd shoot anyone who tried to make it over the walls. 

            "8 targets in the observation towers."  She speaks into her headset.

            "Copy that." The other line replies. 

            "Left one is mine." 

            "Okay, Night Shade." The second line talks.

            Soo Yeon knew they were secretly snickering to themselves. They always knew she had to get first pick since she always picked the guy that resembles most like her ex-boyfriend.

            "3...2...1..." She held her breath stabilizing her aim as she pulls the trigger. Tick. The first bullet goes off and makes a clean gouge right through the guard`s head. The others targets simultaneously fell to the ground.

            Soo Yeon formed a smirked on her face. Then swiftly snaps her twin pistols in action and stuffed them in her belt strap. It was time to go save the damsels in distress. The first degree of security was wiped out and it only takes matters of seconds for the second degree of security to realize. And then finally the SWAT team. Oh god, she hated them the most, they could take forever to kill. Hopefully, they could escape before they could come along.

            "First." She smiled and then playfully stuck her tongue out to the rest of the rescue team that reached the prison after her. Her comrades all snorted in response. To her, everything had to be a competition. And she always needed to be first. 

            Bang. Bang. Her comrades swiftly dodges from the bullet, hiding behind random walls and tables. There were series of moments of exchanging bullets and muzzle flashes before Soo Yeon throws a flash bang in their direction. In a split second, she slides out from her hiding, sprints out, hitting the 10 targets through the heads. Wasting exactly 10 bullets, one for each head.

            "Nice one!" One of her comrades howls behind her pumping his fist in the air.

            After clearing the second floor, they pushed their guns away. The whole team scrambles in different directions, penetrating through doors and locked cells. As they pass through, the noises grew louder as other prison inmates shouts, begging to be let out. There were all sort of criminals in there, from the toughest looking guys to the scawny looking ones and some with missing body parts. All rattling their cell bars and clinking them against them with their metal cups.

            "Yo, Night Shade." A calm voice calls out between the shouts of the inmates.

            A man hides in the shadows of his cell, his eyes are covered in the dark. Soo Yeon noticed his legs were spread apart, pulled against his body and his arms hangs naturally on top of them. He smokes a cigarette in the midst of the darkness. He gets up, not to greet her but to grab a drink. He gulps down the liquid as she watches him curiously and throws the cup on the ground behind him.

            "Are you getting me out or not?" He steps out of the shadows. Kim Woo Bin. The first leader of DIA. His face streaked with anger and pain. He doesn't look at Soo Yeon, instead, his left palm, which he quickly closed it before she could follow his gaze. She reaches for the keys from a dead prison guard, unlocks the door and slides the door out.