Lunchboxes

Some Drabbles/One-shots?

Kyuhyun finished replying to the last of the emails he needed to get through-at least the urgent ones and sighed in relief. He carefully took out the oversized lunchbox from the mini fridge in his office, thankful that he could finally eat his long awaited meal in peace.

Of course the peace didn’t last long as his coworker and best friend barged right into his office.

“Really Kyuhyun? You’re eating in your office again? Would it kill you to come out and go out to lunch with the guys once in a while?”

Kyuhyun groaned, “you guys always go out to the same places and I’m dead tired right now, just let me eat in peace.”

Changmin looked at him knowingly, “Ryeowook packed you lunch didn’t he?”

Kyuhyun wrapped a protective arm around his lunchbox, “so what if he did?”

“Well that would explain a lot. I mean if my significant other packed me Michelin star lunches everyday, I’d rather stay in my office and eat too.”

Kyuhyun grinned, “I know, we can’t all be married to chefs can we?”

“Why is that most of our conversations consist of me telling you that you’re an -oh that’s right because you make it your mission to be one every chance you get” his friend said.

Kyuhyun just snickered and started to unwrap the ridiculously large, 3 tiered bento.

“So what did your amazing spouse pack you today?” Changmin’s curiosity got the better of him.

Kyuhyun almost melted at the sight, his husband had given him some classics: Korean scallion pancakes and kimbap in the first tier, pork cutlet with rice in the second tier accompanied with kimchi and the third tier held a variety of fruit that had been dipped into dark chocolate.

Changmin just stared, “Do you seriously get food like this on a daily basis?”

Kyuhyun smiled, “not everyday, but he cooks at least four times a week, usually he revamps the leftovers from dinner into the lunches but today he must have been up early preparing all of this.”

“what the hell is the occasion?!” Changmin asked, wondering how on earth his best friend could have gotten so lucky.

Suddenly Kyuhyun’s phone went off and the dopey smile that his friend wore was a dead give away that it was Ryeowook.

 

From: Little Husband

Just looked at the clock and thought you’d be on your lunch break (at least you better be!). Since you’ve had such a busy week this week, I noticed you’ve been eating less…so I packed you some of your favorites in hope of inducing your appetite. Ill see you when you get home tonight! I love you <3

 

“You’ve been married for three years and he still spoils your .”

Kyuhyun just smiled at his friend, “I married the best.” 

Changmin rolled his eyes, “and you’re completely whipped.”

“If being whipped means being happy, then yes, I suppose I am” Kyuhyun said, while sticking a piece of kimbap in his mouth.  

Changmin sighed in defeat while watching his friend happily munch away on his lunch.

Suddenly a phone call came in and before he could save himself from the finger curling mushiness, it began.

“Ryeonggu!! Im so happy you called! I wanted to call you, but Changmin is hogging up my precious time and being the biggest head known to man kind.”

“Yah! Says the man who won’t share one piece of food!” Changmin yelled.

“Kyu Kyu! You should share, I packed you plenty. Plus, we all know that the biggest head title goes to Siwon.”

Kyuhyun laughed at that, “is he still giving you trouble?”

“He’s been giving me trouble for the past 3 years, that doesn’t go away magically Kyu.”

While Kyuhyun was immersed in his conversation with his little husband, Changmin saw this as the perfect time to steal a chocolate coated strawberry and make a beeline to the door.

“YAH!!!! Come back here!!! Give me back my strawberry!”

Changmin paused by the door and proceeded to stick the strawberry in his mouth, “give my regards to Wookie!” And with that he was out of the office.

“Changmin!!! You !! Get back here” Kyuhyun hollered, although at this point, Changmin was long gone.

Ryeowook laughed on the other end of the receiver, “Relax, I made a huge batch of those. There’s plenty more in the fridge at home.”

 “That’s not the point! He should know that I never share your lunchboxes” he grumbled.

He heard Ryeowook sigh, “I guess I should be happy that you’re eating well, but we really need to work on the whole ‘sharing is caring’ motto.”

Kyuhyun laughed, “Love, I show my care by not sharing you or your lunches.”

“I’m not quite sure how that makes sense, but I get the gist that we’ve gone back to possessive Kyu” Ryeowook said with a small laugh.

“Anyways, I take it you’ve already got a plan on repaying the favor to Changmin” Ryeowook said knowingly.

“Let’s just say that he’s going to have a lot of extra work on his desk when he gets back from lunch.”

“Well maybe when you’re home you can help me brainstorm how to make Siwon stop high fiving me every time I see him. I swear he does it now just to piss me off.”

Kyuhyun withheld from laughing and smiled, “will do baby, Ill see you when I get home, I love you.”

“Love you too! And make sure you eat everything, I’m worried you haven’t eaten much this past week” his little husband added.

“I will, I better go, so I can finish lunch and set to work on making Changmin’s life miserable for the rest of the day. I love you!”

“Love you more. Ill see you later.”

“That’s definitely impossible, see you later love!” and with that he quickly hung up. Childish as it was, Kyuhyun thought it impossible that anyone’s love beat his, even his adorable husband.

He was about to go back to eating lunch but quickly decided to take the opportunity to transfer piles and piles of overstuffed folders to Changmin’s office. By the time he was done, no desk space could be seen on the rather large desk. He smiled in satisfaction before going back to his own office, eager to finish his kimbap.

He enjoyed his leisurely lunch break, taking time to also read a few articles while eating. By the time he was almost done he was just about stuffed. He was about to enjoy the last piece of chocolate covered banana when he heard a scream.  

“IT WAS ONE STRAWBERRY!!!!!”

Kyuhyun only smiled as he popped the piece of fruit in his mouth. All that can be said is that Kyuhyun only shares his food with one person willingly and that person is not Changmin. No…said person is utterly adorable…said person is irresistible…said person is his little spouse.

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note: Hi!!! Long time no see!!!  It’s been a while since I last wrote anything…and for this I apologize…OTL

Writer’s block is a cruel thing…

As you may have noticed the latest update centers around food… I must have been hungry when I wrote these…

Anyways! As always I’d like to thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

PS: Happy New Year!!