My Soul Without Light

My Soul Without Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Soul Without Light


Luhan slowly breathed in the softness of the cool air. It comforted him.

In a world of brightness and creativity Luhan shined above all others, but when alone he faded into the dim darkness of his mind. Blacks swirled in with each other and the only color he could see was the hues of darkness surrounding him.

Many had asked the young man why he had pursued this dream that could only end with a disaster, but Luhan ignored the negative comments and moved on towards his dream.

The doe eyed male slowly brushed his fingers along the harsh canvas, feeling every indentation and groove of the frame as well as dipping his fingers into the thick droplets of paint on his wooden palette. Each glob was in a different shape, always in the same area and always in the same palette.

Baekhyun was a life saver, if that was even enough to describe the man. He would help Luhan everyday at the break of daylight to carefully direct Luhan to the correct painting and materials that he would need, but as the days passed Baekhyun was gone more and more often. His excuses were being used twice at a time and he always tapped the floor when Luhan was bathing in the sunlight. Luhan didn’t mind though. It was not his job to decided what Baekhyun does. Instead, he would only smile and nod at his good friend before the door shut once again.

Luhan carefully swirled his brush in the glob located at the second groove, yellow.

His paintings only showed the brightest of things. The sun always glowed in the most perfect way one could imagine. The grass flicked with the slow wind and the flowers bloomed almost perfectly. His pictures were anything and more. They pictures were perfect.

The pictures told a story. They were a movie.

A small tree would envelope around the larger one around it as the winter snow fell. The branches swayed, but never let go of it’s mother. It represented the love he longed for and the love he once had.

Luhan was always a creative child, but his parents drowned that replacing it with pounds of textbooks and a heavy glare. He had grown up in a strict family with a father who was a successful lawyer and a mother who was always attending parties instead of paying attention to her family.

It would seem like these traits would soak into their son, they almost did until Luhan was in an accident that could have potentially made him lose his life. 

His parents were anything but patient with him. They soon realized a blind son would be unable to be their heir. Luhan was disowned, but he was thankfully adopted by his aunt and uncle.

Unlike Luhan’s mother who had married for money and success, his aunt married for love with a struggling man who was from a bad family and had an awful history with the government.

Sadly, Luhan never thought he deserved their love and spoiling ways. Even as a small toddler he had soon realized that he was troublesome for his new mother and father to support.

Luhan ran to painting as his ally, he soon came to love the textures of the paints he used and how they could make his heart explode with colors. The smooth colors were often painted as the soft petals of flowers and the warm sun. The harsh textures were used for the crisp cold sky and the way that the grass flows with the wind.

His adoptive parents soon realized that his art could potentially bring Luhan out of the darkness that drowned the energetic boy. They managed to scrape up enough money to send Luhan to art school.

Luhan was and still is not very close with his aunt and uncle, but he realized the affection and support that they have granted him. He sends half of his earning to them. That was more than enough for anyone to survive on, but budget could get tight as his art has not been doing very. That was the beauty and suffering of being in this business.

Sehun, on the other hand, was born and raised in a family of wealthy artists who had gained awards and a lump some of money that could last for millions of life times. Sehun was pressured into the world of art, but he soon found a way to love it. 

He could express his anger and hate for the things he disliked and no one would think twice about what was going on in his mind to create such a fascinating painting. He could also express his love and say who he is through his paintings. That was the only reason to why Oh Sehun thrived in this world.

His paintings were gruesome at times and dark, filled with blacks and reds, but he would seem like a completely different artist once you look at the next painting. A happy girl would prance around the warm ray

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter