Disaster

The Nine Kings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
DISASTER

Chapter One

 

 

She couldn't see the road with the pouring rain and the loud noise of thunder in the background didn't help with foretelling if there are any cars coming from the hill. Her hands tightened the grip on the steering wheel as she could feel the car slipping twice or more already. Her legs shook in fear of her safety despite one stomping on the accelerating pedal. She was utterly in a life or death situation.

 

If only her grandmother didn’t call her for a visit.

 

If only her grandmother didn’t let her leave the house.

 

The hill was becoming an obstacle compared to the smooth ride when she was driving to her grandmother’s village. It was a short journey of only one hour but she would assume that she has been under the rain for more than the hour she is supposed to.

 

There were no streetlights aiding her sight because she came from the countryside where the elderly do not often get visited and so when she did visit her grandmother, she was given many foods and knitted jumpers. She felt like she was the village’s only granddaughter. As she relived the memories from the past hours, her grip on the steering wheel loosens causing the car to sway as the wheel turns side by side. She tried to grab the wheel and gained control of the car but the damage was done.

 

The wheel did not stop from swaying and she couldn’t do anything but feel her body bump against the door and the other side. Her seat belt clamping against her body. Her legs tensing, preparing for the worst. Then all of the sudden, she felt the car flying downwards and the quiet sounds of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter