Dark

The Nine Kings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
DARK

Chapter Two

 

Her head was aching and throbbing at the beat of her heart. She tried to lift a hand to massage her temples but her limbs felt tight and she couldn't move an inch. Nayeon could hear whispers and feel the rustling of footsteps and sheets but when she had opened her eyes, she couldn't see anything but black.

She stood upright which caused an overwhelming pain in her head. She gritted her teeth against each other to endure the pain and when the pain became tolerable, Nayeon looked around the room again but again, the room was black. Or her sight was gone.

"Am I dead?" Nayeon asked herself and placed both of her hands onto the surface she was on. Her palms touched warm silk fabric and she raised her hands higher where her hands clutched a pair of pillows. She shivered in the newfound discovery: she was on a bed.

"A bed?" Nayeon tilt her head in confusion, "Why am I in a bed? The hospital?" Nayeon could feel her eyebrows going down in a frown, "Am I in a hospital?"

There were sounds of giggling in the far corner of the room but a low growl ceased the noise. Nayeon scowls in apprehension. Fluttering footsteps on the ground became loud but went away soon. Nayeon could feel weight putting pressure on the left side of the bed when the sounds of footsteps disappeared. She turned her head and before she knew it, she felt like she was being in control. Her body faced where the weight was on and her hands began moving and then her knees was moving - she was crawling.

She stopped by herself when warmth surrounded her body. She didn't even check if she was dressed but the thin fabric on her shoulders made her assume she was in some sort of a nightwear dress.

Nayeon reached out a hand on her right side but her hand grabbed onto the air. Then she reached out her left hand and touched a metal. Nayeon shivered at the coldness. Slowly, her hand trailed up and all she could feel was iron-hard and hard surface. Or was it?

She felt her body rising up as her hand went higher and eventually, she touched a smooth and soft bump. Her thumb became curious and went inside the bump who only met with a tongue meeting her finger and when she tried to take it out, the person bit her finger.

Nayeon cried out and held her finger against her chest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter