Don't Leave Me

Domestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a heavy feeling in his chest, Minho quietly took off his shoes and went straight to his son’s room to check on him. He smiled when he saw Minhyun’s adorable sleeping face and gently pecked his forehead, inhaling his baby scent before leaving the room. He then made his way to the kitchen, taking off his socks before pouring a glass of water for himself. 

 

He had expected a fun drinking night out with his close friends from university but one of his friends, Dongwook, had told the group that he was getting a divorce and the mood had turned somber immediately. Minho and Dongwook were the only two out of their group who were married and he couldn’t stop that irrational part of his mind that kept telling him that Jonghyun and him would end up that way too. Nevertheless, he kept his cheerful facade up till he was on the way home. He teared up a little in the cab as he imagined his relationship with Jonghyun souring. No more kisses and hugs from Jonghyun, no more hearing of his sweet laughter or seeing his adorably confused sleepy face. Minho found himself getting lost in his thoughts once again and shook his head, snapping himself out of it. He hurriedly gulped down his water before rushing to the room that he shared with his husband. He needed to see him.

 

Finding his husband sleeping peacefully with his glasses on and a book perched on his stomach made Minho calm down a little. The light in the room was dim and Minho managed to find peace in the strong aroma of Jonghyun’s favourite candle. His heart burst with fondness for Jonghyun as he thought about how he was probably waiting up for him and fell asleep reading his book. He quickly stripped his work clothing off and climbed into bed, kissing Jonghyun’s forehead and lips softly. He didn't bother trying not to wake his husband up because Jonghyun was a light sleeper and would wake up at even the slightest movement. 

 

“Hey you're back,” Jonghyun mumbled, opening his eyes and smiling sleepily at Minho. Minho just stared back at his husband, heart clenching at how absolutely beautiful and sweet he was. He really didn't know what he'd do if Jonghyun ever chose to leave him one day. 

 

“You know that I love you very much right?” Minho said as he kissed Jonghyun’s lips, “I love you so much, don't ever forget that okay?” 

 

“What's wrong baby? You're scaring me.” Jonghyun sat up slowly, placing the book on the nightstand and cupping his husband’s face in his hands. It was then Jonghyun noticed how distressed his husband looked. “Did something happen to you? Are you alright?” He tried getting Minho to look at him but the other man refused, choosing to look down at their bed sheets instead. 

 

“It's just…” Minho let out a huff, “Dongwook’s getting a divorce and,” he paused and finally looked up into Jonghyun’s concerned eyes, “I don't ever want that to happen to us.” 

 

“Ohhh baby,” Jonghyun let go of Minho’s face to hug him tightly, “of course it won't happen to us, why would it hmm?” He smoothed Minho’s hair in a patting motion, hoping it would bring some calmness to him. 

 

“I don't tell you this but sometimes, I really feel that I don't deserve you. You’re so beautif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter