; CONTACT

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When people show you their true colours, don't go colour blind."

 

Nearly two days Minhyuk had been sitting by the window of Jooheon’s friend’s house. He hadn’t spoken much but he could constantly hear the two males talking in a low hushed voice. Jeong may not be a threat to him, but it had cost him his friend. He turned his eyes away from the window and shifted in the couch chair that he was resting in.

“Stop looking at me like that,” Minhyuk directed towards Jooheon who stood in the doorway of the room. The male was currently standing still, his hands tucked into the pockets of his sweat pants. A loose, oversized shirt was slung over his shoulders and his hair was messily ruffled.

“How are you doing?” Jooheon murmured. Minhyuk slumped into the cushions of the chair and breathed out a soft breath.

“I should have stayed with him.” Jooheon crossed the room and settled himself down in the sofa across from Minhyuk.

“If you had, you’d be dead,” Jooheon informed.

“Can you say that for certain?” Minhyuk countered. “Even so, it’s my fault he’s…” the words felt bitter on Minhyuk’s tongue. He couldn’t even bring himself to say the words. Saying the word made it feel more real.

“Have you spoken to his family yet?” Jooheon enquired, “They deserve to know that he’s not coming back.” Jooheon’s voice was soft. It sounded as though he had just woken up, even though Minhyuk knew for a fact he had been up since early morning. He could hear the murmur of voices that echoed from the room down the hall.

“I’ll contact them today,” he stated.

“Kihyun’s phone is still in the car,” Jooheon began, “Should I bring it inside.” Minhyuk answered with a nod of his head. Quietly, without another word, Jooheon got to his feet and slowly trekked out of the room, his feet lightly brushing against the wooden floor.

He left the Blooded Shadows leader alone in the lounge room. Minhyuk rested his head on the back of the chair, biting down on the inside of his lip. His head circled with numerous sentences he could formulate in order to deliver the news. None of them seemed fitting.

The young male lifted his hands up and ran his fingers through his hair, clutching the ends as he leaned forward. He weakly dropped his hands onto his knees and stared at the floor. He exhaled gently, his eyes burning. His throat ached and his chest felt as though a rock was crushing it. Despite these feelings, he would not allow himself to cry. At least, not where someone could see him.

His eyes flickered up as he heard the thudding of footsteps. As he looked up, his gaze settled on Jooheon’s friend; Gunhee. Pressing his lips together, he gripped the fabric of his pants. The two hadn’t engaged in much conversation. Instead, Jooheon tended to pass on messages between the two.

“I’m sorry about your friend,” Gunhee uttered. Minhyuk didn’t’ move, instead opting to keep his eyes set on the man standing on the other side of the room.

“Thank you,” he muttered. His throat felt dry as he formed the words. The door suddenly opened and closed, indicating that Jooheon was back inside the house. His footsteps were hurried against the wooden floor as he darted forward to the lounge room, gripping the phone in his hand.

“Minhyuk,” he exclaimed, “There’s several messages on here.” Minhyuk stood up quickly out of the seat, nearly leaping across the floor. The two other males in the room were surprised by his sudden movements as he reached for the phone in Jooheon’s hands. “Um…I couldn’t unlock the phone so…”

“His passcode is his birthday,” Minhyuk confirmed as he pushed in the required numbers. He watched as the phone unlocked. There were five unread messages on the phone. Minhyuk’s heart was racing in his chest as his thumb hovered over the icon.

Letting out a soft breath he opened it. One was from the phone’s provider and the other four were from the same unfamiliar number. He automatically went to the unfamiliar number to read through the messages.


xxxxxxxxxx
I’ll see you soon – H
Sent 4:03pm

xxxxxxxxxx
Sweet dreams baby ;) – H
Sent 10:39pm

xxxxxxxxxx
Love you – H
Sent 10:40pm

xxxxxxxxxx
Let me know when you’re free Kihyun. I currently have Monday morning off.
After I ‘borrowed’ the last car, I’m not allowed to take out another without supervision – H
Sent 8:55am


Minhyuk’s expression dropped as he read through the messages, his eyes narrowing in on the letter at the end. It didn’t take him long to figure out who the messages were from. He continued staring at the illuminated device in his hand quietly.

So, Kihyun hadn’t been trying to get into contact with them. A silence hovered over the crowd of males in the room as Minhyuk remained as still as a statue. His voice was low and husky as he spoke, void of any emotion in his tone.

“It’s not him,” he revealed.

“Oh…” Jooheon mumbled, “I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter