; CONVERSE

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it." 

 

The next morning, at quarter to ten, Kihyun, Hyungwon and Wonho sat in a car near the café in which Kihyun would meet Jeong in. There was gentle music playing to break the silence between them. Wonho glanced at the dark haired male, Shownu’s words circulating through his head.

He jumped in surprise when Hyungwon’s phone buzzed suddenly. The driver took out the small device and stared down at the screen, his bottom lip.

“Shownu says everyone is in position,” Hyungwon confirmed. Kihyun nodded his head once, tugging at the sleeves of his oversized sweater. Wonho was well aware that below it, the male had hidden his weapons.

“I’ll head on in now then,” Kihyun murmured, pushing open the door of the car. Wonho’s could feel his stomach twisting itself into a firm knot. He needed to tell him. He needed to tell him just in case.

“Kihyun?” he called suddenly, startling even himself. A tightness closed in around his throat as Kihyun’s dark eyes met his own. “Uh…be careful in there.” Kihyun offered him a small smile.

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine,” he responded. He closed the door with a gentle thud. Wonho inwardly groaned to himself, mentally cursing the fact that he couldn’t bring himself to say anything. Why was it so hard? He did it before; granted Kihyun had been sleeping. He still had the courage to say it then.

Get a grip of yourself, he told himself. This may be his last chance to say anything to Kihyun before he saw Minhyuk. If he told him how he felt though, there was the chance he may reject him. He may not see him as a potential lover. He may only see him as a friend. But friends don’t kiss each other, not like how they had.

If he was going to do something, he would have to decide soon. He wasn’t going to get endless opportunities to tell Kihyun how he felt. He needed to do it now, before Kihyun went into the café.

Without uttering a word to Hyungwon, he unfastened his seatbelt and darted out of the car. He slammed the door shut, catching the attention of the boy walking down the narrow alleyway that the car was hidden down.

In a few long strides, Wonho was standing in front of the smaller male, one of his hands moving forward to cup his cheeks. Devoid of hesitation, he pressed his lips against Kihyun’s, feeling the coolness of his skin against his own.

Wonho heard a small hitching gasp come from Kihyun’s throat as he kissed him with an almost uncontrolled urgency. His fingers caressed the side of his gentle skin, sliding through his hair, tugging gently against the strands. A gentle groan escaped the other male’s lips.

When Kihyun felt Wonho’s other hand slide up around his waist, he felt his fingertips dance across his skin to send a shiver up along his spine. Warmth began to radiate throughout his body and he found himself forgetting to breathe as he pushed his own mouth hard against the fair haired male.

Wonho drew away from Kihyun, his fingers tracing the outline of his jaw to rest just below his chin. He tilted his head back so that their eyes met. Kihyun drew in a shaky breath, his lips parted almost from surprise.

“I’ve been angry with you, because you make me feel a way no one else has made me feel before,” Wonho whispered, “I don’t just care for you Kihyun. I love you.” Kihyun stared at him silently, his pulse beating rapidly against the side of his neck.

“I –” he murmured.

“Please,” Wonho closed his eyes firmly, gathering his words before opening them once more. “I know my timing is far from perfect, but I needed to tell you. We can talk about it later, after you help Minhyuk…but promise me, that you will be careful in there. Swear to me, that you will come back safely.”

“I promise,” Kihyun breathed. Wonho’s warm hands disconnected from his skin, an uncomfortable coldness taking its place. Wonho stepped back towards the car that Hyungwon was stationed in. His chest felt lighter, as did his head. Although he didn’t have Kihyun’s answer yet, he was glad that he had expressed to him what was on his mind.

Before getting into the car, he peered over his shoulder seeing that Kihyun was still standing in the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter