; PURSUIT

Unity [ MONSTA X ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You would run much slower if you were dragging something behind you, like a knapsack or a sheriff."

 

Wind whipped against Wonho’s cheeks as he vaulted over a low iron fence, his boots colliding with a puddle of water. His platinum hair clung to his forehead, plastered by the rain that tumbled from the sky. Behind him two shadows darted across the pavement, their footsteps drowned out by the rumble of thunder.

“You, stop where you are!” one of the uniformed officers called out. Wonho didn’t and darted around the corner, his feet sliding against the ground. Shownu would kill him, quite literally, if he were detained. He wouldn’t be receiving any outside help. That was one of the first rules of The Void.

He his cool lips, his eyes taking the scene before him in. Due to the ominous clouds, the small streets were almost bare, save for a few cars that littered the side way. In the weakly lit streets, he could see a sleek black car over shadowed by trees. The headlights were on, revealing that the ignition was . Wonho peered over his shoulder, seeing the gleaming barrels of silver guns. His feet left the spot and he made haste for the dark car.

Tearing open the door of the car, he noticed a male with brown hair on his phone, his eyes focused on the screen. It didn’t take long for the brunette to notice Wonho scrambled into the car, slamming the door behind him, his chest rising and falling quickly. Rain trickled down the side of his face and his clothes clung to his already ice like body.

“Drive,” Wonho demanded. The male on the phone frowned abnd peering out the window at the back of the car, his eyes immediately found the two cops. He dropped the mobile down into the centre console quickly, whipping his head around to the front.

“,” he cursed, slamming off the handbrake and spun the wheel so they were on the tar road. The tires screamed against the ground as the brown-haired male pressed his foot down on the accelerator, leaving behind a gust of smoke. “You idiot!” Wonho seemed taken back, shifting in the leather seat.

“You’re the idiot who just tried to kill me,” he snapped, gripping the side of the car. He had gotten into the car with a maniac. One that was driving dangerously fast in horrid weather.

“Believe me, if I wanted you dead, you would be.” He made a sharp turn around the corner, causing the back wheels of the car to spin.

“Really, I’m having a hard time believing you,” Wonho responded.

“Do you want me to kick your sorry out of the car or keep driving?” came the reply. Wonho leaned into the back of the seat, resting his damp back against the leather covering. “You owe me new interior,” muttered the driver.

“Excuse me?” Wonho retorted, narrowing his eyes. “I don’t owe you anything!” The driver pressed his foot down onto the brakes and the car skidded to a stop.

“I don’t think you realise who I am,” he barked, “If you want me to help you, you would be better off holding your tongue.”

“Same goes for you,” Wonho replied. “Ooh...what makes you so scary?” He was being sarcastic and it only fuelled the male's anger. It was rather surprising how eager he was to get away from the cops. Perhaps didn't want to be affliated with a criminal. It worked in Wonho' favour. He didn't need to reach for the gun that was strapped around his waist.

“I don’t have to answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter