but sometimes the future can be a gift

and i will be your everything

It wasn’t long ago before I got married to a beautiful person. And it wasn’t long ago before you ran away from me after telling me once more that I was yours, and you were mine. If I believed in what you said from the start… will that make a difference?

 

 

 

 

 

Probably.

 

 

 


I remembered being unable to move an inch. My mind was fuzzy, and a voice in my head kept on repeating the words ‘I love you’. It wasn’t a female voice—in fact, it was deep, calm, and serene that I, myself, fell for it too. During those countless days I’ve been in a coma, all I hear was the laugh of the voice, or it’s soothing words, or it’s endless  ‘I love yous’. But the thing is, that I don’t know who owns it or what they are in my life. All I know is that our love was powerful. All I know that whoever they are, can make me happy.

 


 

I remembered waking in a white room. The nurse who had brought a flower delivery was astonished, and was about to call the doctors when I started flirting with her. But then, you crashed into the room while I was talking to her. And when you spoke, I remembered hearing the beautiful voice during my sleep. But who are you? All of you explained to me I’m your best friend, and I believed that. Then one day, Seungcheol came up to me and told me,

“I know that you think Wonwoo is just your best friend, but you’re missing one thing. That is, he is your boyfriend.”

I took it as a joke. I laughed at it, until it kept on repeating and repeating. I laughed, until it was getting boring. I laughed, until I found it serious.

 


 

And I remembered running away. I remembered avoiding the group. Distancing myself from you all, as I hook up with girls I can get. To be honest it was easy getting the girls, but it was hard not noticing the way you look at me from afar. I was still so oblivious about why you were acting like that. I thought it was because I got mad at a stupid ‘joke’. The reason made me push you guys further.

A few months later, I met a beautiful girl at a library. She resembles so much about you; calm, innocent, have a cute smile, and pale skin. She let me forget the voice that was once stuck in my head. She makes me feel so safe and sound and the beating of my heart still pounds when I see her, but I somehow feel the same when I see you at the corridors. My heart skips a beat when I’m around her, and it also skips when I’m near you. My stomach flips when she smiles at me, and it also flips when you gave me that small smile… Should friends feel like that for each other? I opt to not know.

 

But I also remembered coming back after proposing to her. I was happy when you said yes, but there was a pain somewhere near my chest that tightened it. I found it hard to breathe when you let go of the hug. And I found it hard to breathe when you look like you were about to cry. I know you were lying, but I know you and I will never be the same again…

 

 

 

(Or so he thinks.)

 

The wedding bells rang and I know I should get awkward and nervous, but somehow I manage to keep my cool, always making sure if my hair is fine. It was alright—the location, the songs, the dress codes. However, there is a missing feeling I was craving, and I didn’t know what it is.

 

 

“You may now kiss the bride.”

 

When I kissed her, I swear I saw you cry. And I read through you; it was pain; not joy. It was agony; not happiness. It was hurt; not pleased. So, that made me rethink of the words you, guys were telling me.

 

‘Am I really Wonwoo-hyung’s boyfriend?’

 

I took the initial to tell you and ask you what we really were, and your answer surprised me. It’s like the universe decided to collapse, and the feeling I had for my new wife was gone in an instant. The memories starts to come back—from the time I met you, to our first date, to our first fight, to our cuddling sessions on the bed.

 

 

 

I remember everything.

 

 

 

If I could just reverse the time, then maybe—just maybe—I could change every choice I have.

 

 

 

Time skip

It was already a year since we last contacted. It was also already a year since the wedding. I’ve been going crazy thinking about you. It made me even wonder if this was an act of cheating. I love my wife, but it’s not how it was used to be.

 

I think…No, scratch that! I knew she also sensed it. She was beginning to distance herself from me, and she looks at me full of worries and despair. If I chose you, then she wouldn’t be hurting. You wouldn’t be hurting. No one will be hurt.

 

“So what will you do about it?” Soonyoung asked. Even though we never contacted anymore, the rest still does.

“What do you mean?” I glanced at him.

“You and your wife. We know that you both don’t feel the same way as you did, so why bother continue being in this kind of commitment?”

I glanced at him, then at Seokmin, and then back at him again. I nervously laughed, but ended up sighing, “I don’t know.”

“You… don’t know?” Both said in unison as if they read each other’s minds.

“Yeah, it’s like… Having to choose between your favorite ice cream flavors—”

“Dude, the only ice cream flavor I love is Cookie Dough and nothing is going to change that.”

“—Excuse me, hyung but I’m not done talking.” I glared at Seokmin before softening. “What I’m trying to say is, that it’s hard to choose between two people when all you know is the consequence that’s going to happen.”

“What will happen to our wife when you give up on her?” Jeonghan appeared from one of the stalls, and sat down beside me.

“She’ll get hurt.”

“Gyu, dear.” He gave me a pat on the thigh. “She’s already hurt.”

I paused and stared at him. Jeonghan’s eyes were devouring me, telling me to stop whatever I was doing. Suddenly, my throat felt dry. I gulped down a few of my saliva, but I still find it hard to talk.

“And it’ll stop when you let go.”

 

It’ll stop when you let go.

 

Huh, that’s a first. So did your feelings stop for me when you let go?

 

The answer was yes.

 

I accidentally crashed unto you while walking around Seoul. It wasn’t only you who was startled, but I was the first to calm down.

“Hi,” I sheepishly coughed. “Long time no see.”

“Yeah,” You smiled. “It’s been a year.”

 

Wow. Were you counting days after the wedding?

 

“So, uh,” My voice cracked and I was becoming nervous. “What are you doing here?”

“Uh…I live here.” You laughed, which I still find pretty cute.

“That’s not what I meant.” I swear, my cheeks were red and puffy.

“Well,” You looked at your back. I found myself following your gaze, and I stared shock at the approaching figure. “I’m walking around town with my boyfriend.”

 

 

No. ing. Way.

 

 

I kind of gave a misunderstanding… Some of the group still contacts me and this guy was not one of them.

Right before my eyes was Junhui approaching us, taken aback when he noticed me but waved anyway.

“Hey, Mingyu.” Junhui smiled at me before standing next to you. I didn’t forget to notice the sliding his hand on your waist. And I didn’t forget to notice the blush you had on your face.

“Uh, Gyu. This is my boyfriend,” You grinned while staring at his eyes. “Junhui.”

 

 

 

I never knew how pain felt like until to this day.

 

But I never gave up. I came back and kept talking to you. You don’t seem to care and let me do whatever my intentions are. I remembered you came to my house crying at one particular night. My wife was asleep, and I was in the living room doing my report. That means, I was the one who let you in, and let you cry on me.

 

“He let go of me.” You choked. “He said we weren’t compatible.”

I wanted to strangle Junhui that moment, but I knew it wasn’t worth it.

“Am I not worth it?”

 

No. You’re perfectly fine.

 

“Do I still have to suffer before I finally meet the one?”

 

No. I’m here. I’ll catch you.

 

“Do I have to get hurt first?”

 

I’ll clean the wounds for you.

 

“When will he finally come?”

 

I’m here right beside you.

 

I wanted to tell you all of those, but I just hold you tight. You cried to me until it was time to leave. I offered you a ride but you declined it, and left me. I was wishing that you’ll stay safe.

 

 

Later that night, you called me and I felt so relieved.

 

 

“What’s this?” I asked my wife as I stare at the small pile of papers.

“Divorce papers.” Her voice sounds so small.

“…” I stared at it as if it turned into a monster. “What’s this for?”

“So we can end everything now.” She sighed, “I can’t do this anymore, Mingyu! I don’t feel the love at all. It’s unfair. I’m always right beside you but your mind is thinking of someone else. I’m so near yet I still feel so far. I couldn’t hate Wonwoo-oppa”—I knew she knows—“But I also have feelings. And I decided to let go of you. So, please. Just sign these and I’ll take my things.”

I stared at it, and then stared back at her. Isn’t this what I’ve been waiting for?

 

 

In the end of the day, I signed it.

 

In the end of the day, I was left alone at my house.

 

 

 

However, I found myself courting you. Yes, we were not dating. You suddenly became so hard to get that I had to sweat blood just to get you (Not literally because that would be weird). The hard work paid off ‘cause I finally, get to kiss you again and again.

 

(Which meant every day.)

 

 

“Mingyu, what’s this?” You asked me, when you once hang out in my room. You were opening random drawers and found the small velvet box.

“A wedding ring.”

“Was this the one you had for Jihyung?”

“Nope.” I smiled.

“Really,” I noticed the way your face lightened a bit. I wanted to laugh but I decided not to. “Then who is this for?”

“Do you want to know?” I took your hands and dragged you on the sofa. “It’s for a guy I met back then. We were a thing, you know, before I got into an accident. I lost all my memories, including our past and got myself into a marriage. But then, everything came back like a truck hitting me that I had to sign divorcement papers, and court him again. It paid off anyway, just not sure if he’ll answer me now.”

 

“So, Jeon Wonwoo. After everything that we’ve been through, will you finally marry me?”

I want to laugh when you started wiping your tears. You even had a little snot on your nose but I didn’t care. I love everything about you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, I want to marry you.”

 

Oh, how I love the sound of the wedding bells.

 


 

A/N: I somehow love weddings (even though I only went to a few) since it's a sign for a commitment or some like that. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this sequel and I was just planning this to be a one shot but whatever.

 

Please leave a comment or an upvote. I don't care, but please do talk about how I wrote it bc I at povs like this.