Two

Unexpected

And then it hit her.

"oh my god"

Well, almost. Clearly what she missed is the sign 'EMERGENCY EXIT' and she nearly hit her face at the door.

"What? Why is this door here? I wasn't intending on using the stairs. The room i'm going to, wait which one was it? Oh yes, room 37." 

"Now how do i get there?"

 

One thing we all should know about Rina is that directions aren't her best forte. In fact, they are her worst enemy. She really has very weak sense of direction. Working in the same floor for three months now really is not helping her much. And just being transferred to this ward section makes it worse. She tried memorising the ways around the ward a few days before, and make some progress but now she knows how insignficant those progress were.

 

She turns around and gather her thoughts. "I'll just go the opposite way then."

But her problem got worse. She reached the center of the ward, which is the nurses' counter. And it was surrounded by 3 more directions. 

"Great, i have like --" looks at her watch "-- less than 5 minutes to be there. Boss would kill me if i'm late again. "i won't make it by trying all the options here. I'll just have to ask then". She approached the counter and there are 2 nurses but both seems very occupied.

"excuse me, Nurse Joy."  

"yes?" she answered but was busy arranging paperworks for a patient's admission. "can i help you?" she looked at me for a second and continues her work.

"can you show me the way to this room?" she showed her the room number.

"wait a sec, yeah?" she gave the papers to the patient talked about all the details. By the way the patient responds, i can tell it will take a while. 

"um, nevermind. Sorry to bother you" she gave a small smile and continues her work. 

Just as she make eye contact with the other nurse, the phone rings and the conversation she wished never happened. But the nurse did heard her the first time and points her finger to the right side. 

"The first right or the second?"

The nurse keeps on pointing on the same direction and finally gave up after giving an apologetic smile because she had to focus on the phone. At least she tried to help.

"one down, two to go."

 

Rina was about to make a wild guess and walk when she saw a person approaching the counter. "Thank goodness!" she said and startled Yoongi in the process.

"Mr. Yoongi, right?"

"Yes, we just met like 10 minutes ago"

"Right, silly me. Can you do me a favour?"

"Depends"

"Can you tell me which way out of these two doesn't lead to the entrance?" she asked.

"The second right."

"You are a life saver! Thank you." she thanked him and make her way towards the first right direction.

Yoongi was left confused. "huh? but that's not the way to go to the entrance."

He shrugs, "Whatever." and waits for one of the nurses.

 

Rina arrives late, as expected but luckily her Boss hasn't arrived yet. She gets to spare some scolding thanks to the nurse and Yoongi. 

"Hi. how are you feeling today?" she adresses the patient with a smile slightly larger than her usual.

 

---

 

Rina is now back at the nurse counter checking patient files. "Joy, I've already done checking these patients."

"Okay Rina. Sorry i wasn't able to help you earlier." whwnever they were alone, they skipped the formality. They quickly become friends the first day Rina got to work. They are even similar in age, only weeks apart.

"It's okay. Helen and a visitor helped me."

"Still can't figure out the floor huh?" Joy laughed.

"Hey, it's not my fault the ways around here is confusing" Rina defended herself with a pout.

"They never were. i believe it's just you." she laughed more.

"I should make a map and bring it everywhere."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, i can really get into trouble here."

"Just take the emergency floor plan. Take a picture. Done"

"I should do that!" Rina's eyes twinkled and made Joy laughed again.

"I was kidding..lol. There's no need for that. I'm sure you'll get use to it soon enough."

"i thought you were serious with the idea." she said in a disbelief. "how could you?" she faked hurting and put her hand on her chest.

"But i'm gonna do it anyway. Hehe. See ya!"

Joy shakes her head and smiled watching Rina go to her next patient.

"Wait, does she even know where she's going?"

 

---

 

"Room 12. Wow, that was easy." she actually surprised herself that she can find the way better.

She enters the room and observes the patient. 'oh, the one with gastritis before. I should really pay attention to their room numbers.' she thought to herself.

Her entrance woke the patient up. "uhh.."

"Hi. How are you feeling?" she asks him.

"Hi. Um, much better. "

"i gave you painkillers before. The effect should wear off soon. Do tell if the pain gets worse, okay? You should be okay by now."

"Alright. How long do i have to stay here?"

"From your progress, i'd say another day or two. Are you in hurry?"

"No, its just about work and my friends might be waiting for me."

"Speaking of friends, you have a visitor earlier. His name was.. Yugi? No wait, Yoongi."

"So it seems." he smiles.

 

Rina continued updating his patient records after checking his vital signs.

"You said Yoongi, right?" he ask suddenly with an amused face.

"Yes. And he also helped me with directions"

"He introduce himself as Yoongi and helped you with directions you say" 

"Yup. Why?"

He just laughed. And Rina got confused. "Anything wrong?"

"No its just.. That was unexpected. He rarely uses that name outside and never is good with strangers" 

"Oh. Its just a simple favour. Maybe he noticed i was desperate."

"Where were you going so desperately?"

"Uh.. To my next patient.." she answered with an awkward smile, avoiding eye contact.

"You, a doctor, need a visitors help for directions around the hospital?" he said before broke into another fit of laughter.

"Hey, it happens!" She retaliates but also laughed a little. It really is funny when he put it like that.

"Okay, i'm done with my work. And you look almost fully recovered judging by that laugh."

"Laughter is the best medicine." he says with a wink.

"Right. Have a good rest. My shift is almost finished. If you have anything to ask or need help, call for the nurses or the other attending doctors"

"Thank you Dr. Rina"

"You are welcome. See you tomorrow."

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : here's the second one :) 

i'll try making it longer for the next chapter.

try guessing who's the patient. ;)