One

Unexpected

So this is a first time for me. I don't know if this will keep on progressing or not but i'll try. Do tell if this story resembles any other fics. If it does, pls know that I never intended to do so.

________________________________________________

 

"what are you doing? "

A sudden voice from the door makes me jump a little. Lucky i haven't injected the needle yet. 

"i'm giving him painkillers. Since he's not awake, he can't take them orally." i answered and looked at him.

He enters the room and stood beside the bed, opposite to me. He gave a small nod while still watching my every movements. Caution never leave his eyes. Taking it as a permission, I look away and continue my task.

After i'm done, i put the used needle into its tray and took off my gloves before writing notes on the patient's form.

"what are you writing?"

"i'm updating his records. Everything we gave him or anything about his progress is recorded here. If you know some medical terms, you can read this easily. Although my handwriting's a bit messy." i answered and laughed a little.

"oh." is his only reply. Not a fan of humour, mental note. But his eyes show interest on the patient's form.

"are you a relative?" i ask.

"you can say that. We are pretty much brothers." he said with a shrug.

"do you want to know more about his current state?"

"um.. But aren't you busy? Doctors have many patients to tend right?" 

"i'm good. Besides i'm tending him now. So it wouldn't be a problem." and it is the truth.

After a few seconds, he started asking. "i was told he had overworked himself. And his stomach pain was due to overstress.. Is that true?" his face showing concern.

I gave him a small smile and answered "Yes. He was in pain before but after we gave him medicine, he has shown signs of improvements. i think he will wake up soon. he's just asleep. Maybe tired from dealing with the pain."

He gave a nod and looked at the patient.

"he's gonna be fine." i add.

He lets out a sigh. A small one but it shows relief.

"if you have anything else to ask, feel free to do so. You can even ask the nurses or other doctors here. I'm sure they can give you some infos."

"alright, thank you Dr... Uhm.. "

"oh, sorry i haven't introduce myself. I'm Dr. Rina."

" right. Thank you Dr. Rina."

"you are welcome Mr...? "

"Su--i mean Yoongi."

"Alright Mr. Yoongi. You are welcome. I'll take my leave then."

I took the tray and went out. Going into a the staff area, , I dispose its contents and place it at near a sink. And then i slowly took a chair and sit down. 

"this chair is so comfy. A quick nap would be heaven right now." i almost closed my eyes but snap them open because i have more work to do.

"alright. Time to go. I'll check on the patient just now by the next hour."

I walk out and make my way to the corridors passing the room i went in before. With a short glance, i noticed Mr. Yoongi is still with the patient. 

"they must be really close" i thought to myself. 

Suddenly, i feel like i have missed something. A very important, crucial something. But what was it? 

And then it hit me.

"Oh my god."